Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 02:21 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The wall will be built, perhaps not coast to coast and 60 feet high, but it will be built where it's needed, strengthened in areas where it already exists.... needed, etc. In the areas where it doesn't make sense to build a high wall, we'll have increased surveillance, etc. Mexico will indirectly pay for some of the wall. I'm also hoping Trump decides to go after the businesses that hire illegals. Then, we are really getting somewhere.
I can't figure out if the Trump cult members are trying to convince themselves or the rest of us to believe this BS.

Face it Trumpers, you voted for a lying, scumbag, scam artist that told you what you wanted to hear and never meant a word of any of it.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:13 AM

10,757 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Sounds like the Mexican President backed off=

Trump, Turnbull call transcript leaked
They changed the content of that link, here is another link with the quote-
Stop saying you won
But the Mexican president agreed to "stop talking about the wall" and "look for a creative way to solve this issue."

Old 08-06-2017, 12:54 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
The wall will be built, perhaps not coast to coast and 60 feet high, but it will be built where it's needed, strengthened in areas where it already exists.... needed, etc. In the areas where it doesn't make sense to build a high wall, we'll have increased surveillance, etc. Mexico will indirectly pay for some of the wall. I'm also hoping Trump decides to go after the businesses that hire illegals. Then, we are really getting somewhere.

so you are saying "yeah we are not getting a wall, but here is how i rationalized it, so that i could tell myself i made the right choice.."

beergeek, we both know Trump has been exposed as not giving damn and only caring about you and other trumpers finding out ...

Old 08-06-2017, 01:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
Practically its the most important thing, because it will be the most famous landmark in the world.
But in terms of a phonecall/meeting, it is the least important thing because its not an issue Mexico will ever agree on, so the leaders discussing it was not worthwhile.

Neither was believing Trump's rhetoric was worth a plugged nickel.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:45 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
There are certainly some hard-core supporters on here who will defend trump no matter what he says or does.

WaPo checked with the WH before publishing these transcripts. They did not deny anything or raise an objection.

Old 08-06-2017, 01:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The wall will be built and Mexico will pay for it.
I built one out of lego's right here and my Mexican pot purchase produced enough profits to pay for it.

Done.

Don't kid yourself. This "proof" is good enough for many Trumpies. As with any authoritarian government, it's all about symbolism...not about reality.

For example -as Trump said MANY times...he doesn't like vacations, won't take vacations and will be able to be found working in the White House at all times. Of course, the reality is he's taken vastly more vacations than the Black Dude (blacks, obviously, are not as deserving of vacation as puzzy grabbers).

But to satisfy Trumpies he just says "these aren't vacations, I'm just moving my office to the Golf Course". This is in addition to the reports that he spends most evening in a bathrobe laying down and watching Fox News. Not exactly hard work.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:46 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
A few thoughts:

1. The master negotiator, Trump, could not sell an insulated overcoat to a naked man on the North Pole in the middle of winter.

2. Trump's supporters seem to be suffering from what is referred to as Narcissistic Abuse Syndrome. They have all the tell tail signs:

1. You all feel alone.
2. You can't measure up to your leader.
3. Trump is totally engulfing your rational thought processes.
4. You fell unworthy because of Trump always belittling his supporters. (You know who he is referring to when he talks about losers)
5. You are all exhausted by the hurt and rescue or in Trump's case, the lies upon lies that is Trump's modus operandil and the pitiful excuses that follow.

and last but not least

6. You have all compromised your integrity and values.

What does this have to do with the Wall?

Everything, as this is just another example of a major lie that all Trumpists are once again in denial about.

I think you all need to start a psychological support group.

You need it.

https://letmereach.com/2015/10/12/6-...buse-syndrome/
I'm just going to address your first point to show how clueless you are.

He negotiated his way into the WH.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:53 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

The only people I can think who Trump successfully negotiated with during the campaign were with Russian operatives.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:05 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post

This would be true EXCEPT it is well known that he didn't want to win the election. It just turned out that his greed (Russians) plus other events allowed it to happen.

This is why he can't even (and many never) fill even the basic positions. He wasn't ready to govern because there is no way he expected to.

Based on your "he know how" theory - he fails big time because anyone who intends to jump out of planes usually carries a parachute. That is, if you are playing to win you better know what you are going to do after it happens.

I honestly don't think he wants to be there. Then again, I honestly don't think he thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies