Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 11:32 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times

Advertisements

OK, I think I've figured out how to solve the North Korea problem, once and for all. And all without firing a shot.

And here it is: the United States brings over every single South Korean man, woman, and child into our country, along with every last cultural artifact they can carry. There are already more than a million Koreans here right now, so it's not like the newcomers won't feel totally out of place. Moreover, Koreans, on average, have a fantastic work ethic; and many of them already speak English. They'd be an asset to our country. And as an added bonus, the likes of Samsung, LG, Hyundai, etc. will become American companies.

As soon as everything south of the 38th parallel is cleared out, the last man leaving swings open the gates to the DMZ on his way out. North Korea takes over the whole peninsula, with no opposition whatsoever, reuniting it under their rule. And thus, their long-term objective is satisfied. Sure, the whole place will quickly become just like the North is now: an oppressive totalitarian dictatorship. But so what? It won't be our problem any more. And China won't have any leverage with us either, because we will no longer be paralyzed with fear out of worrying about Seoul getting wiped out. We won't care about Seoul any more, because it will be nothing more than just another run-down Communist dump.

And then, once this is all done, we say this: the next time a missile gets launched over the Sea of Japan, we will not only shoot it down but we'll also lob one of our own at the Korean city of our choice. Because that's the tradeoff for North Korea getting what they want: they forever swear off any nuclear program or any other means of threatening their neighbors, especially Japan. And if they won't voluntarily curb their missile program, we'll do it for them.

So, where do I go to pick up my Nobel Prize?

Old 08-03-2017, 11:41 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
OK, I think I've figured out how to solve the North Korea problem, once and for all. And all without firing a shot.

And here it is: the United States brings over every single South Korean man, woman, and child into our country, along with every last cultural artifact they can carry. There are already more than a million Koreans here right now, so it's not like the newcomers won't feel totally out of place. Moreover, Koreans, on average, have a fantastic work ethic; and many of them already speak English. They'd be an asset to our country. And as an added bonus, the likes of Samsung, LG, Hyundai, etc. will become American companies.

As soon as everything south of the 38th parallel is cleared out, the last man leaving swings open the gates to the DMZ on his way out. North Korea takes over the whole peninsula, with no opposition whatsoever, reuniting it under their rule. And thus, their long-term objective is satisfied. Sure, the whole place will quickly become just like the North is now: an oppressive totalitarian dictatorship. But so what? It won't be our problem any more. And China won't have any leverage with us either, because we will no longer be paralyzed with fear out of worrying about Seoul getting wiped out. We won't care about Seoul any more, because it will be nothing more than just another run-down Communist dump.

And then, once this is all done, we say this: the next time a missile gets launched over the Sea of Japan, we will not only shoot it down but we'll also lob one of our own at the Korean city of our choice. Because that's the tradeoff for North Korea getting what they want: they forever swear off any nuclear program or any other means of threatening their neighbors, especially Japan. And if they won't voluntarily curb their missile program, we'll do it for them.

How about we kill Jung un and the south goes north.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:03 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,317,781 times
Bus man. It won't let me rep you anymore

Old 08-03-2017, 12:35 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post

You want to bring 50 million people here? Not all of which have a great work ethic, and include a few criminals in their numbers?

Don't get me wrong. I actually love the Korean culture and know quite a bit about it. I know enough to understand that their ties to the land go deeper than cultural artifacts. They have buildings, parks, mountains, lakes. How will they bring them along? They also have a fairly thriving country now. Why would they leave it, and let their large corporations get swallowed up by the US?

They also fiercely love their country and their culture. Even if your crazy idea had a chance in heck of working (which it does not), they would never leave their native land to be taken over by the north.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:38 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
How about we kill Jung un and the south goes north.
Easier said than done.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:39 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,070,249 times
And where are some 50 million immigrants go and live? They ain't taking my land! This will become another Israel, Palestine mess

Old 08-03-2017, 12:43 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
And where are some 50 million immigrants go and live? They ain't taking my land! This will become another Israel, Palestine mess
There is a lot of space in Alaska.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
The actual "solution", if you will, is tell China that unless they do something about North Korea, we will give nukes to South Korea and Japan.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:48 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
We've added 50 million people in the past 20 years. Where did they all go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
There is a lot of space in Alaska.
I was thinking more along the lines of Kansas. The climate is more similar to what they're used to. You know where Salina is now? Behold, "New Seoul"!

Old 08-03-2017, 12:48 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,834,440 times
You think 50 million people are just going to happily leave their home and place of birth, to emigrate to a country they have never been to where a large chunk of them would be unable to speak the language, so that you can then just give their country and homes to their long time bitter enemies for free?

I think that is naive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies