Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2017, 07:56 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,703,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I am an Asian American, Southern, Republican and your argument seems more and more flawed. As someone of Asian descent not even my ancestors were responsible for slavery, yet we have to suffer unfair treatment in affirmative action so less qualified blacks and Hispanics (who were never slaves though the left and ethnics say America is responsible for Latin America's poverty). We still have to see our middle class communities which we've worked hard to be able to live in flooded with Section 8 ghetto residents and illegal immigrants. Our families came here LEGALLY yet we pay taxes to support ILLEGAL Mexicans who sneak into our country, take our jobs, utilize our social services and commit crime and bring drugs into our country. I also have to suffer from Obamacare which was designed as a form of reparation from middle class (mostly white) America to blacks and Hispanics over slavery. Obamacare was designed by Obama as a redistribution of resources from white and Asian Americans who are mostly middle class to the black and Hispanic communities.

I wonder if many black Medicaid and Obamacare recipients get some kind of kick out of it like "the white man is paying for me now" or "in the past we were slaves and worked for you for free, now its our turn to get things for free and you must give it to us". Same with Mexicans who blame their country's ills on the U.S., coming here, getting benefits and Medicaid and feeling a sense of triumph that they now get to take from America and have Americans work harder and harder just to have our taxes and our health care resources redistributed to them as they come illegally. I'm increasingly convinced that most Mexicans have a hatred of the United States and seem a sense of vindication in abusing our system.
This is nonsense. Please.

The rhetoric much of white Conservative America, and from people like you is always the same.

Blacks and Latinos are lazy, we don't work, we sell drugs, we don't work hard enough to succeed, we have kids we have kids we can't afford. We know what a large segment of America thinks about us. Trust me. We ARE NOT as dumb and stupid as you think and we know what the stereotypes that are held against us are.

Then when we actually work hard, actually try to make an honest living, and make attempts to lift ourselves out of poverty, we got there because of affirmative action.

Take your NONSENSE somewhere else.

Old 08-04-2017, 07:56 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,200,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Very true.

A number of Africans, especially Nigerians, surpass white and Asian students when it comes to grades/scores.

But yet, people will assume a guy like this got in because of affirmative action.

African-American Youth with 5.0 GPA, a 2100 SAT Score, a Nigerian Name, Many Ivy League School Scholarship Offers - The African Sun Times

Not to mention, what makes the complaining whites and Asians think that they write better essays or offer more in terms of extracurriculars and other experiences?
Okay. So I would like to clarify that when I used the term "blacks" I was meaning ebonic speaking African Americans descended from American slaves, not African blacks of recent arrival to the States or African nationals. Big difference in academic skills and work ethic. And by "Hispanics", I prefer working with Cuban Americans and those from Portugal, over those from countries south of our US border and the islands.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:01 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,041,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Why the smiley emoticon? Why are you happy with their frustrations?

At my job, it's the few Asians and even fewer white males that have the best work ethic and job performance. Most of the blacks still have some chip on their shoulder thinking that "the MAN" still owes them because of slave history, if their ancestors weren't paid then they should be able to not work now and still get paid. And the Hispanics all cluster together and chat in Spanish and also do very little work. Luckily for them, our management team s*ck at managing us, so they get away with being such lousy employees. If I were an employer, I would never hire any of these losers.
This is the attitude I am also talking about.

Harvard biased against Indians, Asians: US to probe complaint by 4 Indian-American organizations - INDIA New England News

Knowing Indians and their "reservations" system very well, I m sure the hidden agenda is against the number of Latinos or Blacks getting representation, rather than the whites getting preference.

One of the lines in the article read " “A white kid should not get preferred treatment at the expense of Asians and the general quota should be based solely on merit” and this was the central point in the complaint,” . I wouldn't use such revolting statements.

Google and Microsoft named Indian born CEO's not because they were the best, but it could help with other objectives also. That's how any profit making orgs would operate.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Why the smiley emoticon? Why are you happy with their frustrations?

At my job, it's the few Asians and even fewer white males that have the best work ethic and job performance. Most of the blacks still have some chip on their shoulder thinking that "the MAN" still owes them because of slave history, if their ancestors weren't paid then they should be able to not work now and still get paid. And the Hispanics all cluster together and chat in Spanish and also do very little work. Luckily for them, our management team s*ck at managing us, so they get away with being such lousy employees. If I were an employer, I would never hire any of these losers.
I don't believe this crap one bit. You're just using this as confirmation bias.

Asians and whites are just sooooo hard working while everyone else are incompetent slackers, complain, and desire to catered to by others.

You probably think Blacks were characterized as lazy during the American slave era also. Ironically.

Please.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Very true.

A number of Africans, especially Nigerians, surpass white and Asian students when it comes to grades/scores.

But yet, people will assume a guy like this got in because of affirmative action.

African-American Youth with 5.0 GPA, a 2100 SAT Score, a Nigerian Name, Many Ivy League School Scholarship Offers - The African Sun Times

Not to mention, what makes the complaining whites and Asians think that they write better essays or offer more in terms of extracurriculars and other experiences?
We don't have any differences according to them. Black people are the borg. We think the same. we act the same. we have the opinions. And we have the same views to them. We are raised the same.

I've met West Africans, Jamaicans, Louisiana Creoles, Trinidadians, in my lifetime. We are black but we don't have the same ethnic background. The thing is we didnt have the opportunity ethnic differences to be emphasized as other groups.

We are just seen as Black.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Okay. So I would like to clarify that when I used the term "blacks" I was meaning ebonic speaking African Americans descended from American slaves, not African blacks of recent arrival to the States or African nationals. Big difference in academic skills and work ethic. And by "Hispanics", I prefer working with Cuban Americans and those from Portugal, over those from countries south of our US border and the islands.
Heres the problem, and I'm sure your not the only one that thinks way. But These are based on stereotypes.

You probably think Mexicans, Salvadorians, Puerto Ricans, are lazy compared to white Cuban Americans.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:20 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,200,846 times
All the time, I hear about how much the white man owes the black man. And a couple of months ago, I heard black students talking about how Harvard was built by black slaves, and how amazing to think about potentially being a student there. Harvard was NOT built by slaves, and I think that blacks are freely rewriting history by thinking that ALL of America was built by black slaves.... as in every brick in every old building in every city was laid down by blacks including the buildings at Harvard University. So instead of being plantation workers in the cotton and sugar cane fields, now black slaves were also masonry workers. Next, they will claim to have lumbermen ancestry and that Paul Bunyan was really black.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:28 AM

39,248 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I'll say the same exact thing to the Asian Americans in on this lawsuit. Get over it. I know whites AND Asian Americans are used to being the pretty girls in the room but that's changing and I'm glad for it.
Get over what? discrimination?

Old 08-04-2017, 08:28 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The point that person is making is that you should care about discrimination in general and yet those on the Right seem to be perfectly fine with discrimination when it doesnt affect them.
And those on the left seek revenge not equality. Let's just admit that. I get it, and I'm not saying it's not deserved but let's stop coating revenge in righteousness. It's just plan old revenge and they want it. Nobody is fighting for equality anymore, they're just fighting because they hate.

It's good to know we are all ugly human beings but that means the days of the liberal left being revered as the great equalizer has been proven wrong. They're just as ugly as any other party, if not more so.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:31 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,458,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Get over what? discrimination?
See, revenge is sweet no matter who you are. We need to stop looking at the left like they're of higher morals and accept the truth. They aren't. We're all the same. They were just pretending for votes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies