Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 11:38 PM

4,765 posts, read 3,733,181 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/u...aff-trump.html

"In his six months as Homeland Security secretary, John F. Kelly often described the White House as one of the most dysfunctional organizations he had ever seen, complained to colleagues and allies about its meddling, incompetence and recklessness, and was once so angry he briefly considered quitting."

DJT: "Leadership: Whatever happens, you're responsible. If it doesn't happen, you're responsible."

Taken together we have the portrait of a DJT inspired and created dysfunction!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2017, 12:01 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
You chose to focus on one paragraph from the article, yet the message conveyed in the article is one of positive change by President Trump in his hiring of the General.

Negative spin. It's what liberals do best.

Old 08-04-2017, 12:03 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
NY Times so take it with a grain of salt. Glenn Thrush is a Dem shill and was revealed as asking Hillary's staff to approve stories he wrote about her during the campaign before he submitted them to his own editor. You should see him in press briefings. A bald headed clown.

However, Rush said Trump had an open door policy so staff could wander in, sometimes interrupting meetings. Staff would give him books, magazines and articles to read. A good executive asst acts as a gatekeeper so not sure what Kelly does exactly. Makes me wonder what Trump's exec asst does, too. I don't think his longtime exec asst moved to DC.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:09 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/03/u...aff-trump.html

"In his six months as Homeland Security secretary, John F. Kelly often described the White House as one of the most dysfunctional organizations he had ever seen, complained to colleagues and allies about its meddling, incompetence and recklessness, and was once so angry he briefly considered quitting."
"meddling, incompetence and recklessness," sums it up.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:12 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
"meddling, incompetence and recklessness," sums it up.
I'll be surprised if he lasts a year(Kelly) that is.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:13 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
I made a bet with my dad on the over and under of how many times a day that Kelly says wtf while exploring this mess. I took five.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:13 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
You chose to focus on one paragraph from the article, yet the message conveyed in the article is one of positive change by President Trump in his hiring of the General.

After the last eight years it will be a while to they catch up to the GOP.

Old 08-04-2017, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post

"Positive change" going forward does not negate what has happened up until now.

And that "positive change" is still in the hoping and planning stage. Trump was not contained by anyone up until now. He is solely responsible for hiring that cokehead Scaramucci, just two weeks ago.

Save your "spin", you are going to need it, if you think Trump can be "managed".

Old 08-04-2017, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
NY Times so take it with a grain of salt. Glenn Thrush is a Dem shill and was revealed as asking Hillary's staff to approve stories he wrote about her during the campaign before he submitted them to his own editor. You should see him in press briefings. A bald headed clown.

However, Rush said Trump had an open door policy so staff could wander in, sometimes interrupting meetings. Staff would give him books, magazines and articles to read. A good executive asst acts as a gatekeeper so not sure what Kelly does exactly. Makes me wonder what Trump's exec asst does, too. I don't think his longtime exec asst moved to DC.

Blah,blah,blah...denial. Blah, blah, blah...attack the source. Blah, blah, blah...ad hominem attack. Blah, blah,blah...diversion.

Kelly is there to root out the "leakers", to keep the skeletons in the closet!

Old 08-04-2017, 04:08 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
I heard a report that Kelly is now on trump's ass constantly. It's what needs to happen until we can get him out of there, but I don't imagine Cheeto Jesus will like it very much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies