Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 10:31 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
because humidity is a HUGE deal. it's why CA costs twice as much as Florida. And it's why you can be outside in the summer, and not drip sweat after 5 minutes.

By your weather logic, everyone should just follow the Marketwatch article today, and move to Iowa for some of those $139k homes.

I don't see Neil Diamond, Beach Boys, Don Henley, Dr Dre, or Snoop Dogg making hits about Florida weather
No it's not a huge deal for the millions that live East of New Mexico. Weather is not the only reason why CA homes cost twice as much. I live in LA, and I know about the NIMBY measures that strain housing shortage, the foreign buyers that gobble up CA real estate pricing natives out, and all the other things that add to the crisis here.

Yes CA is desirable and weather plays a part. But I am talking about when people such as yourself talk to a Floridian who has made his claim in FL and doesn't give a flying flip about the humidity. They look at you as though your crazy because they don't think about such a thing a much as you do. They're fine with it. And they don't need an idiot such as yourself chiding them for choosing a beautiful state to live in.

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The hardest thing for me to leave was the ocean because I grew up surfing. I still surf when I go back and there is nothing like it. I do snowboard here in Colorado but it still doesn't compare IMHO.

We are going back in October for a Disney trip and then down to San Diego to get my ocean and Mexican food fix.

A lot of people outside California only see Hollywood and think that is all it is.
Santa Cruz is my spirit city. Got up my first time at Cowell. Extra lucky that half of my family is Hawaiian, I had relatives on three islands when I was young.

This thread is making me homesick, dammit.

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Yes, the Liberal nuts and their taxation and environmental regulations make it a tough place to deal with sometimes, but it's rank as best place to live is unparalled.

You have the cool ocean water cooling down the hot desert air, creating the perfect Mediterranean climate.

You have the creative music and movie studios.

San Diego Zoo
Disneyland
Magic Mountain
Yosemite
Fisherman's Wharf
Best Hispanic and Asian food in the US
Grand Central Market
Sunset Strip
Silicon Valley
Mammoth
Lake Tahoe
Palm Springs

I would just put in a Republican legislature, watch it's GDP double from the deregulation, viola! Paradise

It certainly has pretty scenery. Yosemite and Sequoia are really fantastic.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:32 AM

Nor Cal, can't you just go to Houston and get some Mariscos? The city has Mexican and Hispanic seafood places all over. Is that what you mean by Mariscos?

Old 08-04-2017, 10:33 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Los Angeles is rocketing up the "best food" scene faster than any other city.

I also forgot to mention In N Out.

Magic Mountain has best western US coasters, only Cedar Point is better.

But the biggest thing - Maybe Cali isn't the best at every individual thing, but as a collective in one location, there is nothing that can compete. Nothing.

Plus it's only a few hours from Vegas.
I'm glad California floats your boat in all ways. That's nice for you. However, fast food, roller coasters and proximity to Vegas doesn't mean anything to many, many people. California is a nice place, but the people who are constantly claiming loudly that it's the "best" make it less so.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:33 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
Florida absolutely sucks. Yes Disney World is better, but you can keep the disgusting humidity, hurricanes, rain, and trailer parks. I'll take the sun and low humidity everyday in California.

And you don't have In N Out
Disneyland is far superior to WDW for 6 different reasons (weather being one).

I don't get the love for In N Out. The burger's OK.....but you have watch out or they pour goopy russian dressing all over it. The shakes are great, but the fries are inedible, not even the birds will eat them. I have to eat 2 double/doubles to get the greasebomb content or stuffed feeling that one Whataburger Patty Melt or Monterey Melt delivers. (& Whataburger tastes better and ALSO has Honey Chicken biscuits).

I have a relative who told me they love In N Out because of the "fresh veggies". Who gives a rat about veggies when you're wanting to scarf down a large well made Burger to take care of your grease bomb fix ??

Old 08-04-2017, 10:35 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Santa Cruz is my spirit city. Got up my first time at Cowell. Extra lucky that half of my family is Hawaiian, I had relatives on three islands when I was young.

This thread is making me homesick, dammit.
Me too.

I surfed Steamer Lane once. Too localized to get decent waves.

I hear a lot of bad mouthing when it comes to California thanks to the Colorado natives. It used get me riled up but now I just ignore it. The benefit of living in the US is we can move around from state to state.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:35 AM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Florida absolutely sucks. Yes Disney World is better, but you can keep the disgusting humidity, hurricanes, rain, and trailer parks. I'll take the sun and low humidity everyday in California.

And you don't have In N Out
I've been to California. I have family there. Guess what. They live in trailerparks there! The nearby Native American reservation, they all live in trailer parks. And, you talk about rain? HA! Every year I see on the news about California's massive rain and flashfloods that cause millions in damages. Every, damn, year!

Then of course, the massive wildfires that plague the state, year after year.

Then the most famous natural disaster California is known for.

We might get hurricanes, but at least we get a warning so we can get out of dodge.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:36 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I get that some people hate humidity. But Californians act as though it's a major factor in everyone's decision to hate a place. It's annoying.
You seem to be easily annoyed.

Old 08-04-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
I'm glad California floats your boat in all ways. That's nice for you. However, fast food, roller coasters and proximity to Vegas doesn't mean anything to many, many people. California is a nice place, but the people who are constantly claiming loudly that it's the "best" make it less so.
I live in CA and some of the more zealous idiots here don't get that people across the country have different preferences. They don't think about things in the way they do. And that makes them go ape **** like 69 Charger. They just think everyone is super jealous, hence the reason for this asinine thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies