Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 09:58 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,057,756 times

Advertisements

I keep hearing the Hillary lost the election. She didn't. Trump was place in office thanks to the archaic Electoral Collage and the entire corrupt Republican Party that did a massive power grab at the expense of the people. Now to make matters worse the Repubs will hang onto a mentally ill Trump to stay in power.

I'm not saying that "all" Repubs are bad it's just the rotten apples that infest our congress. There is also a misdirection when our gov't is spoken of as a "democracy" when it's not.

America is a Republic.

Don't believe me??? Recite the "pledge of allegiance" to find out which word is used.

Back to the college......
IMO the college did serve a real purpose when America was created. Today the college is just a tool to fool the people into thinking their vote for POTUS really is counted while those votes mean nothing.

How else could America get saddled with a moron sick man like........Trump??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 10:00 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,808,959 times
Yeah, she lost.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:01 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
I don't know if you know this but the past several presidents including Obama and Clinton were "placed" in the presidency by the same method... luckily for us, this sort of crazy talk by the OP dies quickly...

Old 08-24-2017, 10:05 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I don't know if you know this but the past several presidents including Obama and Clinton were "placed" in the presidency by the same method... luckily for us, this sort of crazy talk by the OP dies quickly...
You are missing the point.

Only five times in our history did the person who became President not have the most votes but still won the electoral college.

Clinton and Obama won both their elections with the most votes.

The following Presidents all had fewer votes than their opponent but still became President
1824: John Quincy Adams.
1876: Rutherford B. Hayes.
1888: Benjamin Harrison.
2000: George W. Bush.
2016: Donald Trump

Old 08-24-2017, 10:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
I keep hearing the Hillary lost the election. She didn't. Trump was place in office thanks to the archaic Electoral Collage and the entire corrupt Republican Party that did a massive power grab at the expense of the people. Now to make matters worse the Repubs will hang onto a mentally ill Trump to stay in power.

I'm not saying that "all" Repubs are bad it's just the rotten apples that infest our congress. There is also a misdirection when our gov't is spoken of as a "democracy" when it's not.

America is a Republic.

Don't believe me??? Recite the "pledge of allegiance" to find out which word is used.

IMO the college did serve a real purpose when America was created. Today the college is just a tool to fool the people into thinking their vote for POTUS really is counted while those votes mean nothing.

How else could America get saddled with a moron sick man like........Trump??????
That should be telling you how absolutely horrible Hillary was/is. The electoral collage is working as it was intended too. All parties knew the rules ahead of the election and what they needed to do to win.

Trumps support is three times greater than the media and congress. The power grab was by the voters who were tired of cookie cutter politicians working in their self interest and ignoring the voters that elected them.

WTFU and stop You picked a chit candidate and you will do it again having learned nothing but blame it on something/someone else.

Old 08-24-2017, 10:28 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,103,684 times
all Hillary had to do was win states that no Republican has won for more than two decades

was that so hard?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:28 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:

America is a Republic.

The two most disliked people in this country ran for POTUS and one of 'em got it.

Is this a great country or what?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:53 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,965,464 times
I'm glad the OP is retired in Illinois.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:10 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,123,803 times
Quote:

America is a Republic.

The ****?

Yes. America is a Republic, and part of a republic is weighted power. That is exactly why Trump won.

The electoral college is always going to be here so you might as well stop your crying and urge your party to figure out how to win it. Here is a hint: your candidate might try showing up and running an actual campaign. Then again, I guess that is hard to do when she is a walking corpse in the first place.

Just wow.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:35 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,483,937 times
Quote:

America is a Republic.

Hillary ran a bad campaign. She was arrogant. She didn't even bother to campaign in the rust belt. She lost the working class white vote. Many minorities did not even come out to vote for her.

Bernie would have won.

Tulsi Gabbard 2020!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies