Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 05:47 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I am black and consider myself rather conservative. I've never been called an "uncle tom." I have been called a "Black Republican" before though. It was not taken as something negative by me.

Most black people are rather conservative both religiously and politically/socially. The reason why we don't necessarily vote for conservatives/Republicans is because too many conservatives insert racial bias into their political conversations.
This is baloney. You didn't vote for Trump. Have you ever voted for a Republican? I doubt it. Democrats have been inserting racial bias into their political discourse more than anyone for years. Blacks have been voting 95% Democrat for many decades. I have never seen Republicans with few exceptions do anything but try to pander to blacks and non-whites for decades. Republicans just couldn't afford to completely scapegoat whites like Democrats got away with until this past election.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:04 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
This is baloney. You didn't vote for Trump. Have you ever voted for a Republican? I doubt it. Democrats have been inserting racial bias into their political discourse more than anyone for years. Blacks have been voting 95% Democrat for many decades. I have never seen Republicans with few exceptions do anything but try to pander to blacks and non-whites for decades. Republicans just couldn't afford to completely scapegoat whites like Democrats got away with until this past election.
You don't know if she ever voted for a Republican or not, so don't you go making assumptions. And the rest of your comments are lies. I haven't seen much pandering to Blacks by Republicans, at least in my lifetime (I'm 31). I can name Republicans who have made disparaging racial comments: Frank Artiles, George Allen, Newt Gingrich(you don't have to say a racial slur to make a racial comment), Rick Santorum, Paul Congemi, Carl Paladino. Blacks are not asking politicians to scapegoat White people. And if you think that is what Blacks want, that shows how unstable and paranoid your thought process is.

BTW, I have voted Republican. Voted for Bush in 2004. Got turned off by him after the way he handled Katrina. 2008, I would have been okay with either McCain or Obama in office. It was McCain's running mate, Palin, that I didn't like. After I found out about some racially motivated crap involving Blacks in Alaska, I had to say no to McCain. My worry was if he ever died in office, and how I would get stuck with Palin. I would have voted for Kasich if he had won the Republican Primary.

If you think what residinghere said is bologna, then you are the one with a problem.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:43 AM

1,074 posts, read 949,843 times
Default Are Black Trump-Pence supporters Uncle Toms?

Are the 8% of black Trump/Pence supporters Uncle Toms? Should they have voted for Hillary Clinton?

Old 08-13-2017, 08:47 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Are the 8% of black Trump/Pence supporters Uncle Toms? Should they have voted for Hillary Clinton?
I can say that most cities where black people have been shot by police are run by Democrats with Democrat mayors, city council members and police chiefs.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:50 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
No.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:51 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,342,068 times
I know alot of people whom are black and who voted for Trump and many say we need to take a look at this man Trump, we need to have a President that doesn't have a One World Agenda, selling America out for more wealth and power. We need a President who actually cares about the Poor and the Middle Class. They aren't uncle Toms

Old 08-13-2017, 08:53 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I can say that most cities where black people have been shot by police are run by Democrats with Democrat mayors, city council members and police chiefs.
The obvious flaw to that argument is that i doubt you actually have data to support the claim, which means you are more than likely going by news reports that go national, and most of those cases like Philando Castile get pawned off to the larger cities when in fact that happen in the suburbs.

All that being said, most black people dont live in big cities, or even the northern cities that get all the attention. More still live in the South, and State laws trump city laws anyways.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:54 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
To the media, education, most of government, the Democrats, and the liberal/progressives. YES. It does not fit their false narrative.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:58 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:

You obviously have no idea what "uncle Tom" means . No ,the're just stupid like all the other trump supporters.

Old 08-13-2017, 08:59 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
To the media, education, most of government, the Democrats, and the liberal/progressives. YES. It does not fit their false narrative.
a link to your false accusation,thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies