Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 01:54 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

Rasmussen shows Trump now 45% approval

Zogby shows Trump now 45%, up with Hispanics, union and western state voters

I personally don't care about polls because they are like the weather -- wait and it will change -- but I know some of you live and die by them. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 02:08 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Like election night, you have to add 12%-15% to the polls, to get an accurate reading from their targeted Democrat voter.

Heck, what's the LA Times got on it?

Old 08-11-2017, 02:12 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Like election night, you have to add 12%-15% to the polls, to get an accurate reading from their targeted Democrat voter.

Heck, what's the LA Times got on it?
Lol... no you don't. He didn't even have those numbers on election night. Do I need to share with you the popular vote results?

Please doing respond with "well, that doesn't matter, he's President". I'm aware.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:16 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Lol... no you don't. He didn't even have those numbers on election night. Do I need to share with you the popular vote results?

Please doing respond with "well, that doesn't matter, he's President". I'm aware.
This.

Trump cultists don't want to admit that Hillary won the popular vote and the only reason Trump is President is because he eeked out just enough votes in just the right places (the Rust Belt). The polls were pretty accurate if talking about the popular vote.

I personally get tired of Trump cultists constantly praising Rasmussen, which always is more favorable to Trump. There was barely a peep from them last week when they had him in the 30s.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:53 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This.

Trump cultists don't want to admit that Hillary won the popular vote and the only reason Trump is President is because he eeked out just enough votes in just the right places (the Rust Belt). The polls were pretty accurate if talking about the popular vote.

I personally get tired of Trump cultists constantly praising Rasmussen, which always is more favorable to Trump. There was barely a peep from them last week when they had him in the 30s.
I could care less about polls, but I'm really freaking happy that we don't elect the President via popular vote. I realize that lefties want to proclaim Hillary queen due to her popular vote win, but how fast would they switch sides on that argument had she won the electoral college and Trump won the popular vote? I'm willing to bet that there would be nothing from the left about changing the way our system works if that were the case.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:03 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I could care less about polls, but I'm really freaking happy that we don't elect the President via popular vote. I realize that lefties want to proclaim Hillary queen due to her popular vote win, but how fast would they switch sides on that argument had she won the electoral college and Trump won the popular vote? I'm willing to bet that there would be nothing from the left about changing the way our system works if that were the case.
I'm sure you're right.

That doesn't mean pointing out the popular vote is invalid. Particular since many people say Trump was elected by the American people... that's decidedly untrue.

For what it's worth, I don't much care for Hillary Clinton. I dislike Trump slightly more. I think the electoral college needs to be reformed so that individual voting districts can count a vote toward a particular candidate rather than simply having who ever wins the majority of districts in a state receive all the electors. I consider that a pretty fair compromise between the popular vote people and the electoral college people.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I'm sure you're right.

That doesn't mean pointing out the popular vote is invalid. Particular since many people say Trump was elected by the American people... that's decidedly untrue.

For what it's worth, I don't much care for Hillary Clinton. I dislike Trump slightly more. I think the electoral college needs to be reformed so that individual voting districts can count a vote toward a particular candidate rather than simply having who ever wins the majority of districts in a state receive all the electors. I consider that a pretty fair compromise between the popular vote people and the electoral college people.
Or bring votes cast in different states more in alignment with each other - we should not have cases where a vote cast in one state is worth multiple times the vote in another state (e.g. a vote cast in WY is worth ~4x the a vote cast in CA or NY).

The EC should stay (I like the idea of a state only receiving so many "points"), but it should definitely be overhauled. It's quite unfair to many people in many states.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:32 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
How come the left wasn't complaining about the electoral college before the election? Many were saying Hillary could get 400 electoral votes

Old 08-11-2017, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
How come the left wasn't complaining about the electoral college before the election? Many were saying Hillary could get 400 electoral votes
The EC has come under attack many times in the past. This is not a new debate.

Some articles that have nothing to do with the 2016 election:
https://www.usnews.com/debate-club/s...ctoral-college
http://www.debate.org/electoral-college/
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/debate-o...revived-again/
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=4127863

Old 08-11-2017, 07:35 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
The EC has come under attack many times in the past. This is not a new debate.

Not before the 2016 election. Many said the EC favored Hillary, not Trump. The blue wall anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies