Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 02:51 PM

35,702 posts, read 21,054,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Words do not hurt, actions do.

all I said was check with law enforcement and see if they have a list...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 02:51 PM

923 posts, read 495,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You don't need a source when a supposed watchdog group refuses to publish the criteria by which they classify the groups on their list. By doing this, what they are effectively doing is saying "You are a hate group if we say you are." While they may claim to be neutral, the list alone shows that they aren't, merely by the omission of groups that should be on the list and the inclusion of groups that shouldn't. They arbitrarily decide who goes on the list, thereby defaming any group that they don't agree with. What is the actual difference between the SPLC targeting the Aryan Brotherhood and the Aryan Brotherhood targeting minorities? They both pick their targets based on who they agree with, and they both do so in order to stir up hatred from those who do agree with them.

In reality, calling the SPLC a hate group doesn't need any proof or evidence, because the SPLC itself refuses to provide proof or evidence as to why a group is on their list. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to JimRom again"

Old 08-15-2017, 02:55 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
WV is an...interesting. .place. Spent a fair piece of time there. Mainly around Clarksburg, Morgantown and about a mlion small bugs that run together through the area. Some in Charleston. I never ran across any Hitler humpers there either. The Klan however does have a presence and if WV was a voluntarily Union state they hide it well. And I don't see any warm receptions for any mobs who try to tear down any Confederate statues. Such as Stuarts in front of the courthouse in Clarksburg.
Clarksburg? I believe you mean Stonewall Jackson. He was born in Clarksburg and as far as things like this go, WV is generally behind. WV was a union state. I have lived here 40 years and as I've noted, the only sign of the KKK I have ever seen was an occasion flyer. Who knows who created them.

Quote:
The Klan pulled a few stunts whilst I was there. Pretty brazen stuff. I'm not even close to used to such overt racial tensions as I experienced there. Not huge scale stuff I guess, but still way more than I've ever seen here in N NV. The most tense things have ever been was during the Rodney King stuff. There were some potshots taken in Reno, and there was a big march through downtown. The police got intell that there were plans to start something en route with that, and they had snipers on the roofs and uniforms lining the street. No problems.

There's some concern right now about possible trouble. An upcoming annual reenactment has been canceled short notice by the host venue. The Civil War part anyway. The only "organized" (loose term) hate group is down in Vegas. Racial tensions around here have always been fairly low in my lifetime. If that ever cages I'm heading for the mountains, far away. There ha e been isolated problems with illegals and gangs. Most of that is within certain neighborhoods. Outside of there it's individuals that cause problems.

But I'm feeling a breeze picking up.
I can't speak concerning Vegas. "Pretty brazen stuff" is typical pretty vague accusations.

Old 08-15-2017, 02:59 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
LOL. California hates everybody who is normal. We all know that. Why don't you?
I live there. Most are liberals so that's quite true.

Old 08-15-2017, 03:38 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I believe one or two have addressed it.

Because of the big picture. None of this was about any single instance.
If Obama wanted to talk about police shootings in general I am fine with that. When he named these two incidents as part of a bigger problem he was stating his opinion that they were guilty. If they did nothing wrong they were not part of any bigger picture or problem. Just two unfortunate deaths. He was convicting them based in a video as many others did and stirring the pot which was not necessary.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 08-15-2017 at 04:02 PM..

Old 08-15-2017, 05:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
If Obama wanted to talk about police shootings in general I am fine with that. When he named these two incidents as part of a bigger problem he was stating his opinion that they were guilty. If they did nothing wrong they were not part of any bigger picture or problem. Just two unfortunate deaths. He was convicting them based in a video as many others did and stirring the pot which was not necessary.
He didn't say they were guilty. He said these events were troubling.

Old 08-15-2017, 06:31 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,387,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-310 View Post
the splc. A hate group themselves.
big time!

Old 08-15-2017, 08:02 PM

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You don't need a source when a supposed watchdog group refuses to publish the criteria by which they classify the groups on their list. By doing this, what they are effectively doing is saying "You are a hate group if we say you are." While they may claim to be neutral, the list alone shows that they aren't, merely by the omission of groups that should be on the list and the inclusion of groups that shouldn't. They arbitrarily decide who goes on the list, thereby defaming any group that they don't agree with. What is the actual difference between the SPLC targeting the Aryan Brotherhood and the Aryan Brotherhood targeting minorities? They both pick their targets based on who they agree with, and they both do so in order to stir up hatred from those who do agree with them.

In reality, calling the SPLC a hate group doesn't need any proof or evidence, because the SPLC itself refuses to provide proof or evidence as to why a group is on their list. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
In short, you can't do it. it's just another uninformed opinion. T.hanks

Old 08-15-2017, 09:53 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
In short, you can't do it. it's just another uninformed opinion. T.hanks
I'll reevaluate my position if you can show me SPLC's published criteria. Until you can do that, you've lost any credibility on the subject.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:41 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Maybe this will refresh your memory. The ad ran during "Made in America Week". Why do you think they don't want to hire American workers at a Trump business?

Illegals have been an integral part of the economic fabric of a lot of places for a long time, like it or not. All of the signs in the Denver area were bilingual 20 years ago, meaning that the Hispanic and Latino communities are well established. Removing them abruptly would cause major disruptions. The Denver mayor knows this.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mar+...hrome&ie=UTF-8
Criminals have been a part of our nation forever as well, and prisons add jobs. That doesn't mean it's a good thing, however. They won't all be removed "abruptly", as you say. It will take a long time to even get rid of the majority of them. I'm not suggesting a "witch hunt" to find and deport all illegals. However, if the legal system comes into contact with them- adios. If it's a serious crime- then prison, followed by adios.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies