Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support Trump giving a Pardon to Joe Arpaio?
Yes,I hope he does Pardon Arpaio! 42 40.38%
No way,I'm glad Arpaio was convicted! 62 59.62%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 12:50 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,286,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
again, the Trumpsters seem to only love the constitution and law and order when it applies to the law they like...the ones ;the don't they seem to engage in selective nullification...courts and legislatures be damned....

B.S.....that was Obama's Justice Department Eric Holder and Democrat Judges that went after him...if you don't see this was political then you are blind.

if 99.9% of illegal immigrants in Arizona are Latinos from Mexico and Central America, of course there will be a large % of stops and questions.....that is not racial profiling that's good police work but try telling that to the Obama's Eric Holder's justice department which they rather have open borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 12:53 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,484,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
I've always admired Joe Arpaio, and support pardoning him. On my first visit to Phoenix some years ago, I was impressed at how clean the city is compared to the only other city I know, New York, NY.
phoenix has it's own police department. MCSO patrols the unincorporated areas of the county.

i think you gave the compliment to the wrong person.

Old 08-21-2017, 12:55 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,132,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Because the racist bigot was guilty of racial profiling!
We dont abide by that tired philosophy any more. Profiling is good police work. Most nations do it.

If a black dude robs a 7-11, what would you suggest as the APB description of the perp? A male with a hoodie?

We're waiting.

Old 08-21-2017, 01:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,897,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
We dont abide by that tired philosophy any more. Profiling is good police work. Most nations do it.

If a black dude robs a 7-11, what would you suggest as the APB description of the perp? A male with a hoodie?

We're waiting.
precisely. if a black male robs a 7-11, does that mean that cops should stop EVERYONE regardless of race or gender and question them about the robbery? that would be a stupid use of police resources. same thing with illegal aliens. if the majority of them come from mexico, should we stop black people and question their legality to be here?

this is known as common sense police work, something few liberals actually understand.

i dont hate people, and i dont dislike people based on skin color. that is stupid.

Old 08-21-2017, 02:31 PM

30,212 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Joe is a good guy. Just because he had a target on his back from the Obama Justice Department does not change that.

Tent city, the pink prison clothes, old baloney sandwiches. He put the bad guys on notice that the Maricopa County Jail is not the Holiday Inn. I lived in or near Maricopa county during most of his tenure. I knew of people, bad people who stayed out of the county because they did not want to go tent city. Yet all you hear about was that he was anti-mexican. He was anti criminal. If you were illegal which made you a law breaker he was tough but not any different that with any other criminal.

Pardon him. Trump would be righting a wrong and upsetting Obama. A win win.

Old 08-21-2017, 03:03 PM

30,212 posts, read 11,870,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
precisely. if a black male robs a 7-11, does that mean that cops should stop EVERYONE regardless of race or gender and question them about the robbery? that would be a stupid use of police resources. same thing with illegal aliens. if the majority of them come from mexico, should we stop black people and question their legality to be here?

this is known as common sense police work, something few liberals actually understand.

i dont hate people, and i dont dislike people based on skin color. that is stupid.
I have noticed the past few years that local news reports where I live will report a crime and that they are looking for the perp but not mention the race of the perp. I guess being PC is more important that public safety.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 PM

783 posts, read 578,127 times
Default Trump says he predicts Sheriff Joe "will be just fine"... (pardon incoming)

Just watching the live stream of Trump's rally in Arizona. He said Sheriff Joe will be just fine, but he doesn't want to do it tonight so as not to "cause controversy".

So there you have it folks, Sheriff Joe will be pardoned by Trump.

Old 08-22-2017, 09:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,967,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Just watching the live stream of Trump's rally in Arizona. He said Sheriff Joe will be just fine, but he doesn't want to do it tonight so as not to "cause controversy".

Did he say that, got link?

Old 08-22-2017, 09:43 PM

7,833 posts, read 4,580,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post

I think he was talking about TrumpCare, Joe's getting up there in years. Then again, the federal prison system has pretty good heath care, maybe that's what he meant?

Old 08-22-2017, 09:46 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,488,169 times
Live updates of President Trump in Phoenix: Police deploy gas outside venue | Local news | tucson.com

"Do the people in this room like Sheriff Joe?" Trump asked the crowd, to cheers. "Was Sheriff Joe convicted for doing his job? He shoulda had a jury, but you know what? I'll make a prediction, I think he's going to be just fine, all right? But I won't do it tonight, because I don't want to cause any controversy. But Sheriff Joe can feel very good."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies