Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support Trump giving a Pardon to Joe Arpaio?
Yes,I hope he does Pardon Arpaio! 42 40.38%
No way,I'm glad Arpaio was convicted! 62 59.62%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:21 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Yes....I watched him say it. They are replaying the whole rally and speech watch it and see for yourself.
I will take your word for it and read any transcript if one comes out, cannot not stand to watch the Buffoon speak for more than a few minutes, it is like watching some sort of Bizarre performance by a very bad actor.
Still do not why he would pardon someone for a misdemeanor, other than to stroke is fans, makes No sense, like so many other things these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 11:22 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well when Obama pardoned felons just before he left office who cares? Even a few he pardoned were arrested again shortly after for breaking the law after they got out of prison. Nice crowd huh?
It is misdemeanor, why one earth would he need a Presidential Pardon for that

Old 08-22-2017, 11:34 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I will take your word for it and read any transcript if one comes out, cannot not stand to watch the Buffoon speak for more than a few minutes, it is like watching some sort of Bizarre performance by a very bad actor.
Still do not why he would pardon someone for a misdemeanor, other than to stroke is fans, makes No sense, like so many other things these days.
Funny, I had the same reaction to Obama. Now if the anti-Trump people could learn what the anti-Obama people did which is to just turn the channel, our country would be in a much better place.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:50 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
It is misdemeanor, why one earth would he need a Presidential Pardon for that
It is a criminal misdemeanor. Arpaio was convicted of a Class 1 criminal misdemeanor, which is the highest level, punishable with a sentence of up to 6 months in jail.

While it is not a felony, other examples of Class 1 misdemeanor in Arizona include physical assault (causing injury), crimes of domestic violence including disorderly conduct, possession of marijuana (if cited by a police officer), theft of property under $1,000, shoplifting, driving under the influence.

Arizona Misdemeanor Crimes | Class & Sentences

Old 08-22-2017, 11:50 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonimuso View Post
Just watching the live stream of Trump's rally in Arizona. He said Sheriff Joe will be just fine, but he doesn't want to do it tonight so as not to "cause controversy".

So there you have it folks, Sheriff Joe will be pardoned by Trump.
I certainly hope so.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:53 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
I certainly hope so.
Why pardon a criminal? Especially one who was supposed to be in law enforcement, and enforce the laws he was supposed to, not the ones he made up.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:12 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Why pardon a criminal? Especially one who was supposed to be in law enforcement, and enforce the laws he was supposed to, not the ones he made up.
Arpaio saved taxpayer dollars by arresting illegals, thereby keeping us safer, and curtailing the flow of illegal drugs.

Joe Arpaio is a great American!

Old 08-23-2017, 12:43 AM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Trump's a weirdo. I'm sure everybody here can agree with that.

Arpaio's a retired county sheriff, isn't going to do any time, and will be dead soon. And yet Trump is trying to make this a nation wide issue.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:57 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Well when Obama pardoned felons just before he left office who cares? Even a few he pardoned were arrested again shortly after for breaking the law after they got out of prison. Nice crowd huh?
He just left us with the gift that just keeps on giving

"Drug dealer whose life sentence was commuted by Obama is back behind bars after being caught with two pounds of cocaine worth $26,000"

"Obama pardoned a record-breaking 212 criminals and commuted the sentences of 1,385 – more than the last nine presidents combined!"

"Obama releases Gitmo detainees determined to keep trying to kill Americans"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...etermined-to-/

Old 08-23-2017, 12:58 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Trump's a weirdo. I'm sure everybody here can agree with that.

Arpaio's a retired county sheriff, isn't going to do any time, and will be dead soon. And yet Trump is trying to make this a nation wide issue.
He is but still a better American than Hillary Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies