Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 07:08 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes it is the left who are committing and pushing the strategy I posted. You are going on some apples and oranges comparisons as if that will justify what the left has been doing for a long time. Silencing X, then labeling everyone and everything you disagree with as "X" is a rampant tactic of the Left and should be dismissed by everyone.

What do you want single party rule? It would be nice to have bi-partisanship like we use to but Democrats are not interested in compromise.
No, I want a hell of a lot more than bipartisan debate. A nation of 300 million should have at least 4 viable parties to choose from.

I don't see any effort for bipartisan talks from either party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 07:10 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So we should be censored, and shut down? Isn't that what all Liberal/Progressives want to do? Shut down speech in which they disagree. It is classic.
I wasn't saying it should be shut down. What I was saying was that constantly repeating threads of little value could result in the moderators on this forum deciding there would need to be a policy of regulating what threads are allowed to post.

I was not supporting such a policy. I was saying we, as a community, should self regulate what we post and be reasonable to avoid any changes in policy.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:38 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Here is their current play book:
But you could very well save the same of the Republicans in reverse.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:43 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
The entire media did all come out with the agreed upon narrative of "only condemn and disavow one side as X" now that you mentioned it. You think the media doesn't collude with the Democrats and agree on a narrative?

Well, those poor, persecuted Republicans with everyone ganging-up against them.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:48 PM

991 posts, read 1,110,414 times
Quote:
For one thing confederate statues are American culture. Leave them the hell alone. Stop trying to change American culture then pretending like it never was what the left worked so hard to change it from.
Everything changes. Nothing is so sacred that it should not be subject to reexamination....especially monuments to confederates.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,876,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Sleuth View Post
Everything changes. Nothing is so sacred that it should not be subject to reexamination....especially monuments to confederates.
So then let's reexamine the 1965 Immigration Act maybe the Civil rights Act and various other laws. Let's reexamine the sacred belief that everyone is exactly the same compatible and interchangeable if everything must be reexamined and changed.

Old 08-18-2017, 02:48 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
The democrat's old strategy play against Republicans:

1. Disavow "X" and agree "X" should be silenced, censored, banned, purged etc.

2. You are "X" and a, b and c are "X"

It's just a strategy for the Left to silence anyone or discredit anything on the Right they disagree with. And is why free speech is for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I feel as though we're going to soon need threads to be approved by mods prior to posting.

This exact thread has been started hundreds of times. I'd imagine this isn't even the first time you've started this thread.

Enough is enough.

So, mtl1 should be silenced?

Old 08-18-2017, 02:51 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Who said I wanted to shut things down? What I was saying was that this thread has been discussed at length. In fact, repeat threads are made all the time, which the OP correctly noted, though without acknowledging that the discussion on the Democrats supposed strategy of suppression of speech has been a topic on this forum pretty consistently for the last few months.

My concern was that because of the duplicate threads, in order to maintain some level of decency, this forum would start policing what threads make it. I'm not supporting that; I'm saying we need to make better threads so something like that doesn't happen.

Also: not a progressive. You say my post in the other thread about sides a and b, right? Let's not oversimplify the world just so we can reject everyone who disagrees with us, as that is the only reason to act as if my disagreeing with something makes me left or progressive or whatever you want to call it.
Quote:
I feel as though we're going to soon need threads to be approved by mods prior to posting.

This exact thread has been started hundreds of times. I'd imagine this isn't even the first time you've started this thread.

Enough is enough.

That would be you, The Dusty, and you didn't even notice that you proved mtl1's point precisely.

Old 08-18-2017, 08:13 AM

1,330 posts, read 699,419 times
Quote:
So then let's reexamine the 1965 Immigration Act maybe the Civil rights Act and various other laws. Let's reexamine the sacred belief that everyone is exactly the same compatible and interchangeable if everything must be reexamined and changed.
We are. Gays can now marry. A black man was president for 8 years. Thankfully, progress is being made where humans = humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies