Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 07:17 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times

Advertisements

Trump shutting Washington down!

Trump scraps infrastructure council plan - BBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2017, 07:24 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
The nation desperately needs infrastructure repair, replacement and improvement. The only reason Trump cancelled the infrastructure council is to prevent any personal embarrassment in case some members resign in protest. Trump is literally putting his own ego ahead of the needs of the country.

Impeach this idiot.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:26 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times
Weak.

I was hoping that at least he would be able to push a worthwhile economic agenda, (even if I don't agree with much of it).

I didn't realize he was the quitting type with all that "Winning" talk.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:28 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Good. Crony cash grab.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:30 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
I don't blame him for taking his ball and going home when so many want to be fair weather friend's and allies.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:31 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,455 times
Trump won't get anything good for the country passed regarding infrastructure due to CEO's bailing and Republicans in the Senate at war with him. Trump looks like he is taking aim at a few RNC Senators, and will try to primary them out of safe seats.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:33 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The nation desperately needs infrastructure repair, replacement and improvement. The only reason Trump cancelled the infrastructure council is to prevent any personal embarrassment in case some members resign in protest. Trump is literally putting his own ego ahead of the needs of the country.

Impeach this idiot.
I'd be willing to bet that he is just mad that the press actually argued with him during the "Infrastructure" presser. He is probably mad and thinks that he can withhold infrastructure plans and money to teach "them" a lesson.

I know that sounds stupid, but look who we are talking about here.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:51 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,553,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't blame him for taking his ball and going home when so many want to be fair weather friend's and allies.
That "ball" is our country, so I'm not concerned about him being butt hurt.

Old 08-17-2017, 07:54 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Cravings View Post
That "ball" is our country, so I'm not concerned about him being butt hurt.
Well it's not like congress, the judiciary, the media and some business leaders haven't been running interference themselves and acting butt hurt.

Old 08-17-2017, 08:03 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I don't blame him. He has been knocking himself out trying to get things done with little to no help from anyone and 24/7 criticism from many TV stations.

Today two representatives from Tennessee and South Carolina I consider big hypocrites were slamming him. Maybe he is tired of being punched around. I am tired of his being punched around and I am tired of the statues being attacked. I find what others except Trump are doing to be shameful. The most asinine thing is to ask people to dishonor their own ancestors in order to make selfish people happy. Has anybody except the South ever been asked to do that while communist organizations are behind the destruction of the statues?

Trump is the only one who has been truthful about what was going on in Charlottesville. The girl arrested for knocking down the statue in Durham, North Carolina is a member of a communist organization. I don't know about the other six that were arrested but they were not a bit sorry for what they did either. These are not good citizens.

What use is it for him to keep trying when he is getting no co-operation and being criticized for things he is not responsible for. Maybe he needs a rest.

Let the bunch of congressman stew in their own juice for a while and maybe they will realize he cannot do it by themselves and maybe they need to help him.

The stock market looked like those business leaders needed to hang in there with him. We all lost a lot of money today.

Last edited by NCN; 08-17-2017 at 08:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies