Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2017, 04:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Pure idiocy! People do not know history! Did America "invent" slavery? NO! Is America, by nature, a country of "white supremacists?" NO! Read our Declaration of Independence. "All men are created equal." Read Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. No man who believes in "white supremacy" would have penned such documents.

Is America the only country in the world with stains on it's history? Obviously, NO! England: Bloody Mary (for one). Germany: Hitler. There are many more examples throughout human history.

Slavery in America was not embedded in our founding documents. In fact, the framers knew they were going to have to deal with the issue, but they also knew that in order to get the South to ratify the Constitution, which was extremely necessary, if we were to survive as a nation, they could not ban slavery outright. People like to claim, without knowing history, that the Constitution considered Negroes 3/5 of a white man, but that wasn't because they did not believe in "all men are created equal." To understand why they did that one needs to study our founding documents and read the Federalist Papers and other writings of the period.

America was and still is the greatest achievement in the history of man in terms of Liberty and freedom to live according to the dictates of one's own heart.

I'm so tired of all this negativity, and trashing of America and our duly elected President, which is being perpetuated freely, completely unrestrained here on C-D, even encouraged by the owners of this site (it would seem) that I am at the point where I have no desire to engage in any of this anymore. I'm just disgusted. There is no reasonable dialog here anymore. Dialog is impossible. Left-wing extremists dominate this forum, and it seems even "moderate" it. It has become just another arm of the sewer that is the "mainstream media," freely spewing its stinking effluence everywhere. Just look at the list of "New Threads" that appear daily. There is nothing worth reading. It's all garbage. Disgusting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 04:57 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
LOL you guys just love Hannity because he made up the term "alt left". It doesn't mean anything though.
I'll bet it wasn't someone from the right who made up the term alt-right. Just consider alt-left to be the same thing, but from different perspectives. For you, since you seem to be so far left, alt-center would be a better description, instead of alt-left. But, only people from the far left can use it.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:01 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Pure idiocy! People do not know history! Did America "invent" slavery? NO! Is America, by nature, a country of "white supremacists?" NO! Read our Declaration of Independence. "All men are created equal.
As long as your name wasn't Thelma Lou or Reggie Washington

Quote:
" Read Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. No man who believes in "white supremacy" would have penned such documents.
Read the Lincoln Douglas debates open your eyes and ears

Quote:
Is America the only country in the world with stains on it's history? Obviously, NO! England: Bloody Mary (for one). Germany: Hitler. There are many more examples throughout human history.
I hit you twice. Zeke hit you four times. I'm your friend because Zekes twice as bad as me.

Quote:
Slavery in America was not embedded in our founding documents. In fact, the framers knew they were going to have to deal with the issue, but they also knew that in order to get the South to ratify the Constitution, which was extremely necessary, if we were to survive as a nation, they could not ban slavery outright. People like to claim, without knowing history, that the Constitution considered Negroes 3/5 of a white man, but that wasn't because they did not believe in "all men are created equal." To understand why they did that one needs to study our founding documents and read the Federalist Papers and other writings of the period.
You don't really need anyone to be free. It's a philosophy and government prevents that freedom too often. You need tyranny out to be free.
I look at the actions of the individual not what they wrote. If the founders practiced what they preached we wouldn't have nearly the racial problems we have now.

Quote:
America was and still is the greatest achievement in the history of man in terms of Liberty and freedom to live according to the dictates of one's own heart.
And I can beat up a 4 year old. What's your point? That the competition stinks? Agreed.

Quote:
I'm so tired of all this negativity, and trashing of America and our duly elected President, which is being perpetuated freely, completely unrestrained here on C-D, even encouraged by the owners of this site (it would seem) that I am at the point where I have no desire to engage in any of this anymore. I'm just disgusted. There is no reasonable dialog here anymore. Dialog is impossible. Left-wing extremists dominate this forum, and it seems even "moderate" it. It has become just another arm of the sewer that is the "mainstream media," freely spewing its stinking effluence everywhere. Just look at the list of "New Threads" that appear daily. There is nothing worth reading. It's all garbage. Disgusting!
I'm tired of people like you thinking "at least we're not like that country" is something to be proud of.

The fact of the matter is, it's not country that is the problem it's government. We didn't fight a revolutionary war to replace British tyranny with our own tyranny.
Never settle when it comes to the rights of the individual. The right to live our life unencumbered is the ultimate goal. The only thing standing in our way is the tyranny of government.

I'm proud of my country I'm embarrassed and sickened by our government.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 08-19-2017 at 05:09 AM..

Old 08-19-2017, 05:12 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times
Quote:
Please tell me why you need these statues. And yeah, I do get to decide in my state.
Even though not everyone else has gotten themselves worked up into the same state you are in, it still does not give you the right to decide for anyone else what is correct.

Old 08-19-2017, 05:20 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Oh good grief, there is no "alt" left. This is a made up term by Sean Hannity. lol And since Trump listens to him, he has adopted his phrase
Uh; I started using "alt left" a few months ago. THEN I started seeing those words in the MSM. Period.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:14 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
This thread reads like a war on Christmas thread.

Fake news all threw it.
Tell it to NBC News, Newsweek, the Washington Post and the BBC.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:24 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I don't think statues are really attatched to white nationalism in the UK and although there are people who were involved in the slave trade, the British consensus is that informed debate and remembering and learning from history is better than trying to detroy it.
But they are attached to British Imperialism, are they not? In the long run, are monuments to colonialists really safe? There already seems to be a lot of talk in North America, especially in Canada, about "decolonizing" this and that.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:27 AM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
They should blow up Mt. Rushmore while they're at it. Then carve in the disembodied heads of Obama and the Clintons and call it Mt. Trashmore. Maybe they can carve up the entire Rocky Mountains with images of illegal aliens and Muslim terrorists, too.

After all, that's what this country is coming down to. Let the loonies on the left do whatever they want or else they'll start whining again about another social injustice. Using reason doesn't compute with them, and neither does respecting what anybody else wants.

America isn't JUST about them, and it's ignorant and arrogant to think that they have all the answers.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:31 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,584,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
They should blow up Mt. Rushmore while they're at it. Then carve in the disembodied heads of Obama and the Clintons and call it Mt. Trashmore. Maybe they can carve up the entire Rocky Mountains with images of illegal aliens and Muslim terrorists, too.

After all, that's what this country is coming down to. Let the loonies on the left do whatever they want or else they'll start whining again about another social injustice. Using reason doesn't compute with them, and neither does respecting what anybody else wants.

America isn't JUST about them, and it's ignorant and arrogant to think that they have all the answers.
There's a place for Liberal/Progressives. It's called EUROPE. We left there to create something different where we have freedom, and liberty, not oppression under leftist, totalitarian policies, and royalty.

Old 08-19-2017, 06:34 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
There's a place for Liberal/Progressives. It's called EUROPE. We left there to create something different where we have freedom, and liberty, not oppression under leftist, totalitarian policies, and royalty.
Wow off the deep end today, just like the POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies