Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 11:10 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,235,581 times

Advertisements

I'm actually quite fond of him. He's military so he knows the ropes. He is a very reasonable person and he has already made some very good policy decisions. While I'm a liberal I'm happy that he has mopped up Trump's undesirables. He would mop up Trump if he could.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 11:18 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,573,346 times
Agreed. He seems like a decent human being. If I can say that about somebody in the opposing party, that's a win. My party can't win every time; I just don't want to be disgusted by the side that does win. Kelly seems like the best person in this administration.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:37 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,605,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Agreed. He seems like a decent human being. If I can say that about somebody in the opposing party, that's a win. My party can't win every time; I just don't want to be disgusted by the side that does win. Kelly seems like the best person in this administration.
Maybe he can run as the Democratic candidate, in 2020? That part about him being a decent human being, would interfere with him going with the other party.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:45 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,573,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Maybe he can run as the Democratic candidate, in 2020? That part about him being a decent human being, would interfere with him going with the other party.
Funny, Deplorable.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:49 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,874,491 times
I'm in agreement with what you guys have said so far. He seems to have an excellent reputation for honesty and strength, and he looks like a no nonsense guy. I also agree, that in the cesspool of other Trump staff, he stands out as being not like them and is actually intelligent.

But, if history is any barometer, Trump will ruin this one up too, and somehow Kelly will go. Trump isn't known for long term relationships.

Old 08-19-2017, 01:41 AM

3,862 posts, read 1,800,901 times
I like John Kelly too, hope he stays on and keeps this administration moving in a positive direction.

Old 08-19-2017, 07:29 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I'm actually quite fond of him. He's military so he knows the ropes. He is a very reasonable person and he has already made some very good policy decisions. While I'm a liberal I'm happy that he has mopped up Trump's undesirables. He would mop up Trump if he could.
If/When Kelly resigns or is fired, trumps time in office will be shortened dramatically. Kelly is well respected as an Honorable Man by both the Left and Right, he now has the worst job on the planet and seems to be doing a good job so far. Thing is he has already run into the loose cannon side of trump and will get many more examples as time goes by, sooner or later he will get sick of it and simply walk or tell off trump and be fired, either way the GOP will wash their hands of trump and it will be only a matter of time before they remove him.
As a side note/food for thought, ever wonder if Kelly got the job for two reasons, 1. If possible to clean up the mess that is the Whitehouse and trump administration, and 2. To arrest him or put a bullet in trumps head if he tries unleashing WWIII by using nukes? Is he the GOP's inside man, one wonders?

Old 08-19-2017, 08:38 AM

35,755 posts, read 21,118,743 times
Gen Kelly has my vote --maybe if cleans up the WH some things can get accomplished

Old 08-19-2017, 08:43 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,447,728 times
What's wrong with Kelly?

1) Anti-Trumps like him (see this thread).

2) He stared at his shoes like he was ashamed and embarrassed during Trump's press conference with the lying liberal fake news media.

Way to stand up for Trump, Mr. Chief of Staff -- not!

3) He told his staff that their first loyalty wasn't to Trump but "to the country".

That's nice. But you're there to be loyal to Trump. And if you can't deal with that, then resign.

Kelly is starting to look like Comey and Mueller -- "straight shooters of great integrity" who turned out to be political hacks.

You can't even trust military officers anymore.

But we knew that when Gen. Wesley Clark was shilling for the democrooks a few years ago.

Trump still has a lot to learn about Washington.

Oh, and let's take a gander at Tillerson, who was singing the praises of "diversity" and racial/gender preferences (reverse discrimination) while discussing hiring at the State Department.

Another "winner" that Trump needs to get rid of.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
What's wrong with Kelly?

1) Anti-Trumps like him (see this thread).

2) He stared at his shoes like he was ashamed and embarrassed during Trump's press conference with the lying liberal fake news media.

Way to stand up for Trump, Mr. Chief of Staff -- not!

3) He told his staff that their first loyalty wasn't to Trump but "to the country".

That's nice. But you're there to be loyal to Trump. And if you can't deal with that, then resign.

Kelly is starting to look like Comey and Mueller -- "straight shooters of great integrity" who turned out to be political hacks.

You can't even trust military officers anymore.

But we knew that when Gen. Wesley Clark was shilling for the democrooks a few years ago.

Trump still has a lot to learn about Washington.

Oh, and let's take a gander at Tillerson, who was singing the praises of "diversity" and racial/gender preferences (reverse discrimination) while discussing hiring at the State Department.

Another "winner" that Trump needs to get rid of.
Trump getting rid of Kelly would be committing suicide politically, too bad you do not grasp that fact, you better hope trump grasps it, I doubt it, he just ain't that smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies