Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 06:34 AM

553 posts, read 617,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That's quite an interesting choice of picture at the top of that article; I guess it's supposed to be a representation of the network's heyday, so to speak. Perhaps it was. (Time to bring back Olbermann for a third run? ) There are so many other ways to get sports news these days. I know the primary reason I still have cable is live sports, and it's not even stuff that ESPN broadcasts (F1 and EPL, which are on NBCSN).

I stopped paying as much attention to the NFL when they started putting games on every Thursday on the NFL Network. I don't need football in the spotlight 5 times a week every week (including HS + College).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 06:57 AM

524 posts, read 252,361 times
Blind acceptance of false 'patriotism' such as what the NFL attempts to portray is no better than blind rebellion against perceived systemic racism. Both are very questionable sales tactics.

Old 08-24-2017, 07:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
Blind acceptance of false 'patriotism' such as what the NFL attempts to portray is no better than blind rebellion against perceived systemic racism. Both are very questionable sales tactics.
How exactly is rising for the anthem blind or false?

I guess if you are pissed about doing it but only do so to avoid being ridiculed, that might be true, but how many people do that?

Is this the case for you? Do you not want to stand but do so reluctantly?

Old 08-24-2017, 09:10 AM

524 posts, read 252,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How exactly is rising for the anthem blind or false?

I guess if you are pissed about doing it but only do so to avoid being ridiculed, that might be true, but how many people do that?

Is this the case for you? Do you not want to stand but do so reluctantly?
It doesn't matter if I would or wouldn't because I have no intention of intending nor does it matter who wins or loses to me. I have no desire to attend any games or support the corporate-wall st cause.

NFL and Patriotism are in fact mutually exclusive. Crony capitalism and the NFL, not so much. Kid Rock is a salesperson. He must of got it from his daddy. Good for him.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:11 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Calling Kid Rock a celebrity is a bit of a stretch
A bit?

LOL.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:11 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
I will never get the outrage over CK not standing for the anthem.

Who gives a damn?

If his contract doesn't require it, who cares???

You'd think he was shooting kittens.

Come on.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:21 AM

173 posts, read 258,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I will never get the outrage over CK not standing for the anthem.

Who gives a damn?

If his contract doesn't require it, who cares???

You'd think he was shooting kittens.

Come on.
I don't give a damn and I wouldn't stand for the anthem either if I could avoid possibly being assaulted by other spectators with a 'patriotic' fervor.

However, as I mentioned in a prior post his employ-ability is likely damaged by his stances because for whatever reason people care if you are patriotic but don't give a **** if you beat your wife/girlfriend or kill a person (as long as there is no video).

Old 08-24-2017, 09:32 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,303,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
It's sad that the people who are behind Kap don't even watch football at all. The guy really sucks.

Plus, he was the starter QB who significantly regressed over the years. He's only good for a backup position, but he doesn't want to be a backup.

Heck, look at what happened to RG3. The guy used to be a beast and now he's not on a team, neither. RG3 and Kap both have the same styles at QB, and defenses figured this out a long time ago.

This is why I'm not shocked at Kap not being picked up by a team. But....OH NO EVERYTHING IS RACIST!
I would agree there are many behind him that do not watch much football, as are there many opposed to him that do not watch much football. As a matter of fact I would say most of those that say they will boycott the NFL on both sides are not real fans.

As far as Kap sucks? That is a subjective term of course, but even as a starter he is not the worst. In fact a survey of 50 insiders rate him over 6 starters.

NFL execs admit Kaepernick is better than these 6 starters | New York Post

Last edited by jazzy jeff; 08-24-2017 at 09:43 AM..

Old 08-24-2017, 09:49 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Last I heard this trash has not even been hired by a team and people are protesting the fact that the NFL teams don't want to hire a guy that sucks. Or maybe they just don't want to hire a disrespectful, hypocritical jerk. Either way, it doesn't look like he'll have the opportunity to kneel on the field this season.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,461,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Haters, gotta hate. I have native American blood, but I still love this country, and stand for our anthem.

How you, can say all that crap, refuse to salute the flag or stand for our national anthem, but still be a Democrat??????? What????????

Being black, or half black, and bitter about slavery, how can they justify refusing to salute the flag, but be a member of the Democratic Party, the party which created the KKK, the Democratic Party who enshrined slavery, implemented voter poll taxes, the Democratic Party who filibustered the civil Rights Amendment, and stood against equal rights and bringing an end to racial segregation.. that Democratic Party.

If you ask me, every statue of any Democrat needs to be ripped down.

btw- when you drag out the whole Dixiecrat argument you make yourself look like a 9 year old who just learned new fact at school that you're so anxious to show off. The fact that you regurgitate this nonsense either means you're duplicitous or you fail to grasp the fact that there was a shift among the platforms of the nations major political parties (guess which party all those evil Dixiecrats jumped to?). Either way, it means you don't deserve a spot at the grown up's table.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies