Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 01:04 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,250,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
According to your logic, I could move to SF or LA, and charge you expensive rates for your home repair needs or pc repair needs. Because it's an economic wealth generating place, right?
It is an economic wealth generating place, but it's also a highly competitive place where only the strongest survive. It's life's equivalent of the Major League.

Could you move to SF or LA? I dunno. Do you have what it takes?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 01:15 AM

37,155 posts, read 42,274,207 times
I'm not HAPPY our politicians are making these grand gestures on behalf of people like me and trying to sanctuary the state, but I didn't vote for them.

Old 08-25-2017, 02:39 AM

27,219 posts, read 46,804,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I would never live in a city that has no regard for the Law and does not cooperate with Federal Police Agencies. They create a dangerous place for their communities and cities, and are a disgrace to the United States. Cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, and New York, are disgraces to the U.S.A!
Never want to live there!

Old 08-25-2017, 02:56 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,950,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
She broke the law when she entered the U.S. She is no angel to sneak in the border. I hope ICE gets her as she is an illegal alien no matter how sweet you think she is. Getting grief from ICE...ICE is National Police, you can't keep the Feds out , they have Supreme Power. ICE will be out there soon, go head and try to give her sanctuary, shield the criminals from law enforcement. I hope they arrest the Citizens trying to give her Sanctuary for aiding and abetting ( Aiding and abetting is a legal doctrine related to the guilt of someone who aids or abets in the commission of a crime. It exists in a number of different countries and generally allows a court to pronounce someone guilty for aiding and abetting in a crime even if they are not the principal offender.)

Another town thats a Disgrace to the U.S.A.

The name of that town Sir, is Mancos, Colorado. It is the best town in our State, as far as I'm concerned. And it's as nice a small town as you'll find anywhere in the US. I very much doubt the Methodists in Mancos will be arrested for aiding and abetting. We have made no attempt to hide Ms. Sabido (the lady given sanctuary) or the fact that resides in Mancos at this time. I know what "aiding and abetting is" as apparently, you do not. It is not illegal to openly give someone a place to take shelter or food to eat. Here's a snip from the local newspaper - the Cortez Journal:

MANCOS – Rosa Sabido likes to say she lives inside a postcard.

She loves the scenery, people and quietness of Cortez, where she has lived and worked for 30 years. But that idyllic scene may be coming to an end...

“I have always tried to be a good citizen, a good person,†Sabido said. “I’ve just tried my best, and after all this time and all this effort, all I get is an order of deportation, and I think that’s not right. I think I deserve better. I think I deserve to be heard.â€

After 30 years of living in the country, Sabido seems like an unlikely candidate for deportation. She pays taxes, has no criminal history and has worked several jobs, including eight years as secretary for the Montelores Catholic Community, a collective of churches in Southwest Colorado...

ICE knows where she is and as you have commented, they can send their thugs out to drag her off whenever they want. The bad PR would be horrific, however.

MANCOS, COLORADO - "Another town thats [sic] a Disgrace to the U.S.A."

LOCK THEM UP! SOME CITIZENS OF MANCOS OUT FOR A SUNDAY RIDE -
"I hope they arrest the Citizens trying to give her Sanctuary"

CORTEZ, COLORADO - Yet "Another town thats [sic] a Disgrace to the U.S.A."

Now that you know what the names of our towns are and what they look like, I hope that you and others like you will avoid coming this way, since we're such a "disgrace."

You and your friends like the alt Right "Patriot" shown in the picture below as he disgraces the City of Portland have a vision of America that is incompatible with what our Country truly stands for. You people need to back off.

"LAW ABIDING CITIZEN"

Attached Thumbnails
Who else would never live in a Sanctuary City? They are a disgrace to the U.S.!-altright.jpg  

Old 08-25-2017, 06:12 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,441,940 times
Rambler,
Thanks for the information, my Master's degree from the University I attended is in Criminology. I know what aiding and abetting is Sir/Ma'am. I have nothing to do with these type of groups you show here in the picture, I work for the government and can not be a member of these type of political groups.

I read the article you linked from the newspaper, and there were some good facts in it:

Carl Rusnok, a spokesman for ICE, said Sabido entered the United States without permission on a return trip from Mexico in May 1998. A judge granted her a “voluntary departure” on Aug. 19, 2002, but she failed to depart, and a final order of removal became effective July 14, 2004. The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals denied her last appeal on Sept. 13, 2005.

Sabido was arrested as an ICE fugitive Sept. 12, 2008, and released on an order of supervision, which required her to report periodically to an ICE office. She was granted a request for a one-year stay of removal on March 11, 2011. Since then, she has been granted five additional one-year stays of removal.

“ICE denied her latest stay of removal on April 26,” Rusnok said.

“Sabido has been illegally present in the United States for more than 30 years, and she’s had a final order of removal for more than 13 years,” he wrote in a statement to The Durango Herald. “She has ignored a federal immigration judge’s order to depart the United States since 2002; she ignored the (Bureau of Indian Affairs) orders to depart by July 13, 2004; and she ignored the 10th Circuit Court of Appeals denial.

“ICE has granted her six one-year stays of removal,” he added. “She has exhausted her appeals from the immigration and appeals courts and from ICE. She is currently an ICE fugitive.”

Her first big mistake was to enter without inspection illegally. She broke Federal Law. Second, the Immigration Judge is a Federal Judge. He has ordered her deported from the United States. She lost her appeal, all the way up in the Circuit Court. She is a fugitive and not in a good situation...

I have seen many situations like this, families divided as one person is deported. It is very sad, but it is a consequence of disregarding law years ago.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:26 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,699,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No they aren't. They are an economic drain.
You need to learn how to count.
As a start you need to know that 2/3 of our GDP was produced in counties and cities that DIDN'T Vote for Don the Con.

Need more? In a general sense, the cities you mention (and Boston, etc.) are the economic hubs of this country and creating stuff YOU use every day - miracle cures (biotech), online technology (you are using their output as we speak) and much more.

As others note, the LAST thing I would ever consider in terms of place to move was whether they protect immigrants in a certain fashion.

Then again, I am 100% certain that folks like you could never afford to live in these places anyhow. A 1 bedroom apt in SanFran can easily be 4K per month. Is that in your wheelhouse or are you like Bart Simpson here - yelling at the TV?

Old 08-25-2017, 06:32 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,699,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
I don't hate mexicans. I hate illegal immigrants because they break the law and are trespassing in this country. I have no sympathy for them when there are legal and documented immigrants who follows the laws to enter the country.
Hate is a strong word.
What is your word for the thousands of US Citizen farmers, construction company owners, etc. who hire them?

I could see a reasonable person saying we need comprehensive immigration reform and a large guest worker program. But HATE?

IMHO, people like you ARE the problem.

Remember, your hero Ronald Reagan did immigration reform including amnesty. We need to do things in this country the old fashioned way - in the Congress. You should steer your HATE at the Republican Party for going so far to the Right that they refused the time-honored way of solving problems...legislation.

Hate isn't going to solve anything. In any case, the "problems" you speak of are largely over since Mexico is booming (to some degree) and there has been an influx OUT of the USA for many years now. Maybe you want to focus on raising your children to work in the fields so we won't need another round of millions?

Old 08-25-2017, 06:59 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
I wouldn't live in any city.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:39 AM

50,449 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hate is a strong word.
What is your word for the thousands of US Citizen farmers, construction company owners, etc. who hire them?

I could see a reasonable person saying we need comprehensive immigration reform and a large guest worker program. But HATE?

Remember, your hero Ronald Reagan did immigration reform including amnesty. We need to do things in this country the old fashioned way - in the Congress. You should steer your HATE at the Republican Party for going so far to the Right that they refused the time-honored way of solving problems...legislation.

Hate isn't going to solve anything. In any case, the "problems" you speak of are largely over since Mexico is booming (to some degree) and there has been an influx OUT of the USA for many years now. Maybe you want to focus on raising your children to work in the fields so we won't need another round of millions?
People that want our laws followed are the problem? Really? If a business cannot make it by paying a wage to hire legal workers, then they should fail. That includes farmers. We don't "need" anything that's illegal.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:50 AM

63,019 posts, read 29,229,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hate is a strong word.

I don't hate anyone but I do oppose illegal immigration. I also oppose those who hire them and both need to be held accountable as they are both equally guilty of breaking the law.

There is nothing reasonable about CIR as all it is is another amnesty. Our hero Reagan? I've never a heard of any conservative that called him that and even he admitted that the amnesty he signed was a mistake. That wasn't and still isn't the solution to the problem. We already have enough guest worker programs also. Funny, Obama bypassed congress by using EO to grant temporary stays of deportation to million of illegal aliens along with work permits. Was he your hero?

There are still millions of Mexicans here illegally and illegal aliens from Latino countries are still coming here illegally. I see you're clueless about agricultural workers. Only 2% of illegals are doing those jobs and there are unlimited H-2A visas for legal, foreign crop pickers as it's not a career job for Americans and is only seasonal work. So you were saying with your sarcastic remark? What about all the other jobs that illegals have taken like construction, landscaping, restaurant and hotel work? Are those jobs Americans won't do for a fair wage? Since when?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies