Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 01:37 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Far from it. Most people don't agree with politicians making a career out of getting rich on crony deals and bribes. That's what the Establishment types are protecting and so are you.
so why does tRump get a pass? $60k for SS on golf cart rentals alone...going right into his pockets.

somehow that's different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 01:39 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Senator McCain's days have ended.

I'm sure this term is his last now, even if he may have been thinking otherwise before his cancer was discovered.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:58 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
If Arizona voters really like Trump I would think any Republican challenger would win over McCain and Flake.
Provided that Senator supports President Trump's agenda, that is. My understanding (please correct me if I am wrong) was that in previous votes Senator McCain had voted to repeal Obamacare, but has suddenly changed his mind.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And the two that the OP suggested would be better are just plain old Morons, your point is?
kelli ward would at least defend the borders, and make good on a promise to repeal and replace obamacare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
so why does tRump get a pass? $60k for SS on golf cart rentals alone...going right into his pockets.

somehow that's different?
correct me if i am wrong but didnt trump turn the operation of his businesses over to his kids? if so then he does not directly profit from the money they get.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:00 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
mccain and flake are there to represent the state of arizona, not the american people in general. that is what senators are supposed to do, protect the rights of the STATE. read the constitution you might get an education.

and neither flake or mccain are protecting arizona, especially since both of them are open borders morons.
Well I hope the residents of Arizona boot them out. But didn't they just re-elect McCain?

Old 08-24-2017, 02:07 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Careful what you wish for.

"...My guess: no. In fact, Trump could be endorsing the person most likely to hand the seat over to Democrats – something that hasn’t happened in 30 years...."

“It (a Trump endorsement) won’t pull in additional support,” Republican political strategist Chuck Coughlin, who has been involved in Arizona politics for 32 years, told me. “That’s speaking to the choir...

Would a Trump endorsement help Kelli Ward beat Jeff Flake? (Nah)

Old 08-24-2017, 02:19 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Recall and Replace. I like Kelli Ward. I heard a long interview with her and was impressed. Too bad I'm not in AZ.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Well I hope the residents of Arizona boot them out. But didn't they just re-elect McCain?
I voted for Kirkpatrick in McCain's last race and voted for Carmona in Flakes last race, never voted for either of them

Old 08-24-2017, 02:46 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

correct me if i am wrong but didnt trump turn the operation of his businesses over to his kids? if so then he does not directly profit from the money they get.
lol the moon really is made of green cheese, too!

Old 08-24-2017, 03:09 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
Maybe you haven't noticed, but the majority of Americans aren't the biggest fans of Trump either. While I'm not exactly crazy about McCain or Flake, they actually represent what the majority of Americans believe in, unlike the crazies on the far left or far right. Furthermore, I have to question anybody who refers to ARIZONANS as "Arizonians".
You were expecting Trump's cult members to add sound reasoning and objective observations to their methodology? They have diverted themselves onto a deadend sidetrack and their little engine has no reverse gear. It's gone as far as it can and just sits there, puffing steam.

McCain and Flake are running on the only route that will take them anywhere. Before the 2018 election campaign gets rolling, all republicans up for a vote, will see that they need to follow a similar path, or they'll become retired. Opportunists like Ward, who think that allegiance to Trump will work for them, just aren't paying attention to what's happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies