Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 04:54 PM

1,743 posts, read 992,997 times

Advertisements

Oh No.
Must be one of those 'Uncle Toms we hear so much about!?

Quote:
George Foreman took down Colin Kaepernick and Kevin Durant on a podcast Monday, saying neither the football nor basketball star is patriotic. Foreman, 68, spoke out on the "Offended America" podcast, offering that those who refuse to stand for the national anthem, like Kaepernick, are just looking for attention.
George Foreman praises Trump, slams Colin Kaepernick and Kevin Durant | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 04:58 PM

1,074 posts, read 950,397 times
Foreman will be seen as a Uncle Tom.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:00 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Well, my respect for George Foreman just dropped. The way I see things, Trump is more of a threat to me than Kaepernick and Lynch will ever be. No, I will not call George Foreman an Uncle Tom. I will say this though. Trump initially ignored Blacks, and when he did talk of Blacks, he did so in an arrogant way. And George Foreman should understand this. Any President who would support stop and frisk would likely be a candidate he should never praise. Considering the nature of it, such as racial profiling and violating the 4th Amendment, Trump is someone I don't trust.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:06 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,170,918 times
Hmmm. "Looking for attention!" Dear George, THAT'S THE POINT OF A PROTEST.

But that's OK, I don't agree with George, but he is still OK with me. He has always been a patriot who wears his love for his country on his sleeve. Your choice Big Guy. But others need their country to try harder.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:08 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,544,846 times
Really?

Heck, I better drag that ole grill back out.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:09 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,274,620 times
I like his grills. That is the only opinion I have of George Foreman.

Just another athlete. Like celebrities--why do we care what their political opinions are?

Old 08-22-2017, 05:11 PM

581 posts, read 456,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post

Just another athlete. Like celebrities--why do we care what their political opinions are?
This x a billion. At the end of the day, who cares what these people have to say? Stand for the anthem, sit for the anthem. Go to the White House or don't. I really don't give a rat's behind. If the media stopped hyping it up into this Big Issue, nobody would give it a second thought.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:26 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,757,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, my respect for George Foreman just dropped. The way I see things, Trump is more of a threat to me than Kaepernick and Lynch will ever be. No, I will not call George Foreman an Uncle Tom. I will say this though. Trump initially ignored Blacks, and when he did talk of Blacks, he did so in an arrogant way. And George Foreman should understand this. Any President who would support stop and frisk would likely be a candidate he should never praise. Considering the nature of it, such as racial profiling and violating the 4th Amendment, Trump is someone I don't trust.
Would it have been better if he had carried a bottle of hot sauce around in his purse and said "I ain't in no ways tired" in a fake black accent?

Old 08-22-2017, 05:31 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I happen to agree with you.. IT appears his younger adult life has caught with him.. He was a Heavyweight Boxer.. and no doubt has BRAIN damage that is causing him difficulties to ascertain logic . I'd be willing to bet he was paid to endorse Heir Trump, as I haven't seen him do much of anything other than promote his grills in the past 2 decades!! He must be HURTING for some income!

Having said all that tho.. We will always see such successful black males who somehow blocked out their history.. Noted he has never ever mentioned his mother/father or mention his history... Mind addled right along with Heir Trump's.. It's called "Sometimer's Disease" which is selective memory used to gain influence or get leverage for personal gain!!

George F., needs to move along, as his support for a Buffoon won't help Trump's reputation much at all!! He'll become a "Talking Point for his Addled brained "Kool Aide" swallower's!! But that's about it!!

George's Wikipedia ~~ which pretty well outline's his life... BUT .. HE sold his rights to his Grills and business interests in 1999 .. so NOW 18 years later HE needs to re-emerge as some :Uncle Tom" too praise Buffoon-in Chief" Sure must be hurting financially... $$$ sure does make people do foolish things!! Greed causes what Trump is doing right in front of American Establishment.. Padding his own pockets with Taxpayers$$$ and GOP Congress so far ALLOWING it!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Foreman

We'll see just how long GOP Congress with allow Trump to make fools of them...!! George is just another bought and paid for endorsement stooge!!

Old 08-22-2017, 05:33 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Well, dang.

I've bought the last George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver, with 240 square inches of circular grilling surface and George Tough Nonstick Coating I'll ever buy, I swear. Never again ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies