Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 09:29 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Any argument that basically says 'other politicians lie' don't count.

Trump blatantly lies. Habitually lies.

It is obvious he will say anything to gain favor.

When confronted, he will evade or tell you that you were basically stupid to believe him to begin with.

Sites that track 'truth' consistently evaluate what Trump says or promises and 90% is out right lies or twisted/spun to some degree.

You can not believe anything he says. He will say one thing one day and something totally different the next.

This is not 'fake news' or fantasy. The whole 'Mexico will pay for the wall' to 'I will shut down government if congress does not fund the wall in the US budget' .... is just one prime example.

This is not something you can just write off as eccentric, or character.

Credibility is based on as least some truth and following through on promises. Right now, no world leader can take out government seriously. The people that elected him can not take him seriously.

He is a fraud and charlatan in the truest sense of the world. If he lived in the old west he would be selling snake oil.
The better question to ask is why does it matter only when the other side does it? I never listen to those who didn't hold obama accountable yet hold trump accountable and vice versa. It goes to credibility and integrity. The best thing to do is don't pay attention to partisans.

If you called the last president out for all his lies, you're on the right track. If not this OP is meaningless.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:29 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Not when Trump supporters do it.
Hey look, it's my favorite poster that called me a Russian Trump bot with a join date of 2007 complaining about name calling.

Every time I read your posts I just can't help but imagine them written in crayon.

Last edited by Mathguy; 08-26-2017 at 10:18 AM..

Old 08-26-2017, 09:30 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,786,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
When you can't defend ... attack.

I thought personal insults were forbidden on CD.
I didn't mean that as an attack. I was merely stating the facts.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:30 AM

4,009 posts, read 6,866,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
The OP is a typical democrat idiot and hypocrite. All politicians lie. Unlike strongman Obama who sold out
America and poor Americans to foreign interests. Trump at least tries to do what leaders should do -- fight for
their countries and people.
More like fight for himself, his family, and his own financial interests.

As for his lies, his diehard supporters don't care, as evidenced by this thread.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Exhibit A. The Trump cult speaketh.

Obama, who was one of the most honest Presidents in American history per Polifact, is being compared to Trump, the most lying politician in recorded history, per Polifact.
hahahahahahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
The cult will never disavow their God Trump, even if he murdered their family on livefeed. They would claim "It's Obama in a Trump costume" or "Yeah Trump killed my family, but they were all libturds. MAGA!"
A cult is made up of people who think obama is honest. Obama honest. hahahahahaha I'll have to tell my friends they always laugh at absurd comments like that. I love the hypocrisy.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:32 AM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Saying water is dry, is a fact, does not make it true.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:35 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Never seen a bigger liar than our Liar in Chief. You also have to look at the people he has to help tell his lies. Spicer, Kellyanne Conway, Now Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Huckabee is the one I'm most surprised at since her dad is a preacher and you would think she would be embarrassed at publicly telling lies for anyone. Obviously she hasn't a conscience either...

Old 08-26-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Most presidents are practiced, polished politicians. They don't make the bold faced lies that Trump makes but rather know how to word things so as to bend the truth.

Ironically Trumps bold faced lies are rather refreshing and enjoyable because they're so easy to spot.

He's not dangerous with them, just a buffoon.

Contrast that with a smooth talker telling you that we need to go to war because Saddam has WMD's or that you'll get to keep your doctor and your premiums will go down.

For now, I'm just enjoying the gridlock.
Usually I'll say I want to hear right up front how someone feels about an issue. I can't say this with trump. It's a crap shoot depending on what day it is.
I used to think he was doing the don't reveal your hand but if so he's taking it to absurd levels.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:52 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,220,795 times
Here's an opinion piece about Obama's lies. The author lists 5 or 6.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...ies/409895001/

Here's Politifact's 8 page running tally of Trump's lies:
All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

I'm no mathematician, but I'd say that Trump wins the fibbing competition.

Old 08-26-2017, 10:54 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
they lie to themselves and pretend that he's not objectively and demonstrably the worst liar we have ever seen as President. They buy into his "fake news" bs and "alternative facts" nonsense and agree with him that anything that makes him look bad must be false. It's really kind of pathetic, actually
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies