Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 02:41 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, she answered that was because she know that Couric was going to attack her if she named a right leaning publication.

The OP is trolling, and is simply looking for someone to name a source, so he can attack it.

Couric was trolling, just like the OP is in this thread.
In other words, you can't answer the VERY simple question of, where do you get your news.

Hilarious! No one can answer that VERY simple question. Per usual, cons prove themselves to be without credibility & a total waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 02:41 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,724,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
So again, the only "real news" is what you choose to believe...
And/or, confirms what they already believe.

Gotta say, I'm surprised OP.
I would have thought that at least a couple of people would have supplied their sources if for no other reason than to provide us "non-believers" with some evidence to help us see the light and error of our ways.

Anyhoo, Slate has taken to compiling the big stories from the most likely sources.
It is fascinating to see how differently information is, ahem, presented.

Today in Conservative Media

Old 08-28-2017, 02:47 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,108,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Oh, bull****.

What a bunch of crybaby snowflakes. All the big, brave conservative chest-thumpers are afraid to say where they get their news about world events because those mean, nasty libruls might tease them and make them cry.

Jesus. You people...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
In other words, you can't answer the VERY simple question of, where do you get your news.

Hilarious! No one can answer that VERY simple question. Per usual, cons prove themselves to be without credibility & a total waste of time.
You dems are mad because your precious CNN, WaPo, and the NYT have been proven beyond any doubt to have lost almost all of their credibility, so you now want to try to attack the sources of the people that have been proving you wrong for the last two years.

It's fun to watch you dems meltdown over not getting to troll.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:51 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,574,751 times
Quote:
You dems are mad because your precious CNN, WaPo, and the NYT have been proven beyond any doubt to have lost almost all of their credibility, so you now want to try to attack the sources of the people that have been proving you wrong for the last two years.

I'd say the one trolling is the one who can't provide an answer to a very simple question.

Old 08-28-2017, 02:55 PM

173 posts, read 258,367 times
Quote:

I don't think NYT has ever really backed down from being obviously "left"--I mean the presence of Krugman's column should cement that pretty easily. WaPo has just been scattershot over the last several years... I'm not sure if Bezos' acquisition is related but it seems like there is no specific bias, just all over the place (and I don't mean "no bias", just seemingly random).

This is why I try to read the same subject on multiple sites. It's suspicious when it shows up only on one flavor of media.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:00 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,108,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I'd say the one trolling is the one who can't provide an answer to a very simple question.
I provide my sources many times. Just yesterday I posted a link to my source when I was talking about how the CIA infiltrated the mainstream media in the US to control what was being reported (in this case it was wikipedia, and a Senate Select Committee report).

Do you want to attack a Senate Select Committee report, no, you are hoping someone will say Fox News, or Breitbart, or fingers crossed, InfoWars.

You dems are here to troll, it's obvious to everyone, we all see right through these childish attempts.

I mean it, it's honestly fun watching the dems in this thread throw temper tantrums because nobody will take their trolling bait.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:06 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
This thread reminds me of the time Katie Couric asked Sarah Palin where she got her news. She said she kept up with newspapers and magazines. When Katie asked her specifically which ones, she said, "uh, um, well, all of them." The idiot coud not even think of the name of a single newspaper or magazine, because she had never read one in her life. Looks like we have a whole thread full of the same kind of willfully ignorant conservatives.
Sure, dude.

Sarah Palin could spot a trap. She knew this was a trap. She wasn't about to step in it. And we all know how honest and fair Katie Couric is. <sarcasm>

Old 08-28-2017, 03:10 PM

186 posts, read 263,596 times
BBC and drudgereport are okay and kind of in the middle, but I get most of my news from...
CITYDATA (specifically P&oC)

One side says something, the other side screams at them and calls names and 3 or so screens in you have the whole picture from both sides.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,331,588 times
Let me put it to you this way: I don't trust "Morning Joke," who is an ass, or his mistress Mika whoever she is. Rachel "Madcow" is so hysterical and animated and can't even say Trump's name in a sentence without including "liar," "Nazi," "white supremacist," "racist," etc. I just can't watch, let alone believe anything she says. She is totally unhinged and probably has a few screws loose. Wolf(man) Blitzer just gives me the creeps, and makes things up on the fly. They all lie, all the time, and it's not like they haven't been caught. Anderson Cooper (or Pooper) is a clown. None of these people ever display real intelligence. They don't smile, they just look dumb, while they parrot the approved "talking points" from the Party. Trump is just bad, "he's unfit," (they keep repeating), he's "unintelligent," a "failure" (though he's been in office just over six months), they don't like his staff, they don't like his cabinet picks, they don't like anything. They have nothing good to say.

Why would I want to listen to that crap?

Trump is a huge improvement from the wannabe King/dictator that Barack Obama was, and he has to deal with the mess Obama left, and the Democrat Party which has become just a joke.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:33 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,638,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Sure, dude.

Sarah Palin could spot a trap. She knew this was a trap. She wasn't about to step in it. And we all know how honest and fair Katie Couric is. <sarcasm>
Just exactly what is wrong with you people, that you would consider such an innocent question to be some kind of "trap"? Face it - the only two reasons y'all don't have the balls to admit where you get your news is because A) you hardly ever bother paying attention to the news, and B) because when you do pay attention, it's from a source that even you know is complete crap.

I don't blame you people for being ashamed to admit it. If I were so intellectually lazy as to allow myself to be willfuly ignorant, I'd be ashamed too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies