Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 11:06 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
It represents hate to many people, and that's the problem.

Just because you supply aid to black people does not mean you do not find them inferior; quite the opposite in fact. It's too easy for a racist to only look out for their own. The smarter ones get their rocks off by pretending to be the valiant white hero they think the world needs.
Trying too hard. Sometimes the best thing you can do is say nothing at all, or else you look like a....you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2017, 11:07 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
People who fly confederate flags can't even spell "cat" let alone engineer a bug zapper.

Let us know when you post pictures of BLM or Antifa boats out there helping.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:14 AM

16,216 posts, read 11,335,819 times
And what might the reaction have been if the rescuers had displayed a "rainbow" flag?

Personally, I feel anyone offering help in this situation, especially if putting themselves at risk, should be commended. My only objection is to an "outsider". be they an outspoken white nationalist or an outspoken SJW, applying their own personal values, which are usually completely arbitrary and not grounded in any pattern of logical, empirical standards.

"I disagree with almost everything you say, but will defend, to my death, your right to say it." (Voltaire)

Not much of that spirit going around these days.

Old 08-28-2017, 11:20 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,707,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The false narrative is that racism = hate. Hence, people who promote the confederate flag are said to be racist and hate black people and people who hate black people would not rescue black people. Hence, a rescue boat displaying the confederate flag, saving blacks, proves they are not racist. FALSE!!! There were people who were racist in the 60's.....yet objected to dogs attacking and water hose spraying of innocent peaceful black marchers.

Its like the neighborhood drug dealer buying the kids in the neighborhood ice cream. Does that mean he is not such a bad guy to the community after all?

Old 08-28-2017, 12:22 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
Not an argument it's a question that you apparently don't want to answer
The answer is, "Leave it to people who are not in the dire emergency to even ask such a stupid question or even have the ignorant,silly and useless thought process to be upset about what is on a RESCUE boat".

It's easy for fools and loudmouths outside of the area to pontificate and pick apart what's going on or what some boat looks like but there's one thing I can almost guaranty the people standing in the water or on their roofs looking at that boat are saying and that is "THANK GOD YOUR HERE TO SAVE US" and it's obvious from the videos the people who own the boats are saying "c'mon, get in" and NOT "we don't take your kind"...

Old 08-28-2017, 12:24 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Attention whoring...but whatever.

Old 08-28-2017, 12:31 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,691,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Let me know when the Antifa rescue boats arrive.
After they beat them into submission then they'll rescue them.

Old 08-28-2017, 01:14 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlake View Post
Its a private boat. So you are liberal and offended wait for the next boat. Where are the Antifa boats? I have a Confederate flag Tattoo. Oohhh my god. LMAO. What the left will do is make whites who believe in history and free speech not want to live with blacks even more.
oh, so that's your excuse?

The left made you racist?

Old 08-28-2017, 01:19 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Attention whoring...but whatever.
Would you have got on the boat?

Old 08-28-2017, 01:25 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,016,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
The false narrative is that racism = hate. Hence, people who promote the confederate flag are said to be racist and hate black people and people who hate black people would not rescue black people. Hence, a rescue boat displaying the confederate flag, saving blacks, proves they are not racist. FALSE!!! There were people who were racist in the 60's.....yet objected to dogs attacking and water hose spraying of innocent peaceful black marchers.

Its like the neighborhood drug dealer buying the kids in the neighborhood ice cream. Does that mean he is not such a bad guy to the community after all?
Another false narrative is that Trump is a racist. Yet another is that all of his 63 million supporters are racist. I don't know of course but odds are quite a number of these primarily white guys with the boats and pickups going to volunteer to help are Trump supporters. I'm sure some are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies