Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2017, 11:22 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I think Kim's father was a bully and Kim is a bully....
OK, and?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 11:29 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yeah and so do two other men, and if the two other men don't use their codes, Trumps codes are useless.
Totally incorrect.

Aside from that, the US Military is behind Trump. They will do what he commands.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:39 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
stop with the nonsense, we are the global bully

Would you be willing to send a son or daughter to die for a treaty with s korea and japan?
Are you willing to die fighting for s korea or japan?
Answer yes to either and you flunk the darwin test
First it is not nonsense, our treaty with a country is our word. The US must be seen as a nation that keeps its word. Our allies in Asia are counting on us to protect them. I am also assuming you must not understand what is happening here, NK is threatening to put a nuke on an ICBM and use it on the US. His ICBM is almost ready to take a warhead, if you or your child lived in a west coast city would you risk yours or thier lives for your pacifist view?

I hope you realize pacifism has started more wars than it has ever prevented. Pacifism sends a message of weakness to a bully, weakness attracts aggression like blood in the water attracts sharks. Do we need to discuss the famous 20th century example of Hitler and Chamberlain again? Hiding from dictators or placating them will not stop wars, it only makes them worse by buying the dictator time to grow in strength and readiness for war.

I do not want to see a war, especially not one with the possibility of as much death as this one will have. I want all the avenues to avoid war explored before we decide it must be done. That being said I expect my country to live up to the treaty's it has made and most of all I expect my government to protect the nation from North Koreas nuclear missles. You ask if I would send my child there to do this, while the thought horrifies me the answer is yes. Others have sent thier children to serve during wartime before me, should I consider myself special that somehow I may not ever face this terrible possibility? If we all were unwilling to send our children to war then we would have handed the country over to a dictator from Germany or Japan decades ago. Would I go to war if needed? I know I am too old but absolutely I would. All of us have this duty if our nation needs us during our time of youth. We are free safe and secure because of our military. When threats to our national security we must deal with them.

If you do not want war then in the future support a strong military, and support strong leaders who will stand tall against aggression. The philosophy of Teddy Roosevelt is what we need, "speak softly and carry a big stick". If we do this as a nation we will be much safer than if we follow a policy of appeasement or just put our head in the sand. We should not look for trouble but when it shows up we need to be ready and willing to use "the big stick". War with NK looks likely now thanks to decades of ignoring a problem and even appeasing an evil dictator. The only thing we can do is pray our president can find a way to protect us without full scale war, all while preparing for a war. I hope we have learned from all of this, NK problem is a result of a lot of bad policy.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:42 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Totally incorrect.

Aside from that, the US Military is behind Trump. They will do what he commands.
No the US military is not behind Trump. That is nonsense. What isn't nonsense? They will do their duty. And their duty is to do what he orders as long as his orders are legal. Nuking Korea IS a legal order.

Old 09-19-2017, 11:51 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,805,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
No the US military is not behind Trump. That is nonsense. What isn't nonsense? They will do their duty. And their duty is to do what he orders as long as his orders are legal. Nuking Korea IS a legal order.
There is no reason to think we will use nukes. We will likely only use nukes as a last resort. Our conventional forces are more than enough to destroy the capabilities of North Korea. Our biggest concern in any conflict with NK is to destroy thier nuclear capabilities as they will most definitely use them if they get the chance, which highlights why we need to disarm them in the first place.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:38 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
There is no known system or technology to stop an ICBM from delivering a nuclear warhead to its target, once the ICBM has completed boost phase. Reagan's "Star Wars" was supposed to develop it but the Soviet Union collapse killed that program.

If the USA could get some ordinance close enough they might catch the missile but it's very unlikely. They will have about 45 seconds after launch to fire an interceptor and to do it they would need to have a ship very close to NK.

At best, we will have to take out his launchers BEFORE they are used.
Dang it Lady, you force me to agree with you, well done

Old 09-19-2017, 12:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
China doesn't do anything about the NK regime because they don't want millions of North Korean refugees crossing the border into China.

As it stands now, their agreement with Kim has them to return every refugee they can find.
And why some of us suspect the reason behind the Chinese building up their troops along the border. Sure it could be to help defend NK, OR, it could be to keep them contained to live or die upon their own sword, the second possibility is starting to look more likely. Interesting watching History unfold in front of us.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:45 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
War is never "inevitable". Our leaders have perfected the means of making it look that way, to create an apathetic populace who will accept it when it happens. It's also a great initial boost for ratings under an unpopular president, who can then call you unpatriotic if you criticize him or her.

Old 09-19-2017, 12:49 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
There is no known system or technology to stop an ICBM from delivering a nuclear warhead to its target, once the ICBM has completed boost phase.
Okay, forgive my ignorance here, but I thought that's what all our antiballistic missiles were supposed to do -- shoot down incoming missles.
So are you saying we really have no defense against incoming nuke missiles unless we have a close range shot at them?

Old 09-19-2017, 12:49 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Trump received 95% of the military vote.

What do they not support? Being captured by the Iranians, paraded around with guns to their head, and the idiot Obama doing nothing about it except paying appeasement to the dictators behind it.

The US Military is 100% behind Trump. You can bet on that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies