Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 09:51 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_like_turtles View Post
Funny how when it's women fightint to end discrimination based on sex its heroic but when a man does it its "silly."

Im sick of all these womens only groups and hope to see them meet the same fate as mens only groups. Either we are all equal or we are not. If we are not, acknowledge your inferiority and lets move on.
This is not about discrimination or rights. One night a week women get range fees waved to target that demographic for future business. Men are welcome at the range on that night.

Should we do away with senior discounts, student discounts, alumni discounts on the basis of discrimination.

Old 08-30-2017, 10:17 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
where are the capitalism guys??

Old 08-30-2017, 10:24 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
this is the silliest crap yet. What is the purpose of ladies nights? Is not to make it better for women, not to give them a deal. Is to convince men that more women are going to be there, because surprisingly men tend to care about that ratio in social settings. There is nothing feminist about ladies night.
Apparently someone made this point already. It is still a stupid thread.

Old 08-30-2017, 02:55 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Here's the logic behind firing ranges with ladies only ladies nights near me.

Know why they do it here? Because guys like me with a fostech echo scare the bejeebus out of women when a mag is spent.
Because other guys who are stuck in the 70s come toting wheel guns in 357 mags 44 mags 454 casulls.
Because other guys come with Dracos and AR pistols doing mag dumps.
Because some guys bring 12 gauges and 00 or Magnum slugs

And at an indoor range, the concussion from the above will make a woman who's not used to it, jump almost out of her skin. Feel embarrassed and feel unwelcomed.
Nevermind the whole "misogynist" elevator eyes etc...

I've noticed with my mother and sister 2 who've never fired a gun a day in their life, would jump from just a 9mm going off. Never mind the other toys there.

Outdoor ranges are better since the concussion spreads. Indoors you will feel it.

So if a range caters to women to make a more welcoming atmosphere on specific nights instead of banning me from taking my toys in, more power to them.

Once they become acclimated to the noise and concussion they're good to go. And I'll gladly work with a chick on proper technique over another dude. Like my brother in law the know it all has an excuse for everything who gets mad over the slightest suggestion you made...

Chick's ask questions, they don't carry macho pride and ego. They don't get offended when you make suggestions. To them, they're learning. My sister was shooting high and left with her pistol. Worked on her grip and stance. Bullseye all day long. Same with my mother with her pistol, high and left or high and right. All in the grip and stance.

I say let them have a ladies night. Don't like it, don't go.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:04 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Then whats the fuss with the bathrooms? We should have all neutral bathrooms, locker rooms, dorms sports teams, dress codes, etc.
Can we be grown up and practice equal rights and opportunities while maintaining our identities?

The truth is women are often still intimidated by men in certain areas. Perhaps we can be rid of physical and sexual intimidation, assault, rape? Truthfully I believe both men and women are more comfortable in some aspects of their lives being with their own gender and I believe we all need to man/woman up let each other have our spaces. We can do this and still maintain equality.
Normally I'd agree with you-that is simple common sense. However, common sense was eliminated decades ago. Feminists have used the legal system to eliminate male-only social clubs. Gyms. Sporting events. Access into military combat. So...why is sexual discrimination only acceptable in situations where....women get favorable treatment? Would it be acceptable to have nights where only black or only white people are allowed into a business...because that makes them more...comfortable? Equality is equality.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:16 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Normally I'd agree with you-that is simple common sense. However, common sense was eliminated decades ago. Feminists have used the legal system to eliminate male-only social clubs. Gyms. Sporting events. Access into military combat. So...why is sexual discrimination only acceptable in situations where....women get favorable treatment? Would it be acceptable to have nights where only black or only white people are allowed into a business...because that makes them more...comfortable? Equality is equality.
Because how many women show up with a Draco or AR pistol to do mag dumps?
How many women show up to shoot dirty Harry Magnum revolvers?
How many women show up with AKs and ARs?
Never mind what's going through their head omg dudes are pigs, look at them checking me out etc...

Every chick I've seen at the ranges between I'll guess by looks. 21-30, all have little belly blasters.
Kimber Micro carry or Bel Airs.
Bersas in 380 or 9
Ruger LCPs
Glock 42/43
Walthers in 380 or 9
Colt mustangs
Keltecs
Hipoints
Or 22 mag revolvers or 22 mag or 22 lr pistols.
Sig 938s or 238s.

They don't shoot more than 25 feet either.
Ladies sure can pick purses and shoes... some of their decisions in defensive arms on the other hand... very questionable... but that's okay it's a start.

I don't care if it favors them or not. It favors something bigger than immature equality issue. It favors more responsible owners, removes irrational fear. May develop into a hobby that may have been otherwise demonized...

Let them all have a ladies night. If jealous... well... put on a dress a wig some make up and stuff balloons under your shirt taped to your chest LOL.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:47 PM

100 posts, read 81,341 times
Quote:
Thank you! And that is exactly the point. It's the principle of the matter. For years now women have done everything they can to weasel their way into men's institutions and business all the while trying to shut down anything that is male only or caters to men yet setting up their own female only institutions and business.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:52 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
I didn't realize there were so many MRA here.

Old 08-30-2017, 05:25 PM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
No point in cutting off one's nose to spite his own face. Radical feminists are stupid; don't let them make you stupid too.

Every gun-owning man benefits by "ladies' night" at a gun range because it enlarges the percentage of gun owners and enthusiasts.

"Ladies' Night" at gun ranges reduces the number of voters who are morbidly afraid of guns.

Every gun-owning male should be saying to women around him, "Hey, they have a special Ladies' Night at my gun range Thursday--you ought to try it out!"

Old 08-30-2017, 09:02 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Righties want more people to get guns and when a gun range has ladies night they throw a fit

These guys will always find something to be mad about
No it was more like some Liberal **** Off there is a Ladies Night. As a Sport Shooter I encourage such events.

Of course any self respecting Liberal would not eve be seen with a side arm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies