Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2017, 08:36 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,087,442 times

Advertisements

China could "take him out" if they were motivated to do so. All that has to make that happen is a legitimate threat to China to cut off any financial ties to the US, if they don't. Give China a time limit and it will get done.

Fortunately, we currently have a president that understands the business side of things, and is capable of doing just that.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:45 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
China could "take him out" if they were motivated to do so. All that has to make that happen is a legitimate threat to China to cut off any financial ties to the US, if they don't. Give China a time limit and it will get done.

Fortunately, we currently have a president that understands the business side of things, and is capable of doing just that.
Of course, I disagree. While every President we have had shares some blame on where we are with NK, we need to focus on TODAY. We have a huge problem now because we have a man in the WH who does not communicate well with leaders of all the other countries, and, in fact, has pissed all of them off.

If Trump hadn't come in like a bull in a china shop, with his " I'm in charge now, look at me" attitude, he would have been able to get some cooperation from the rest of the world on this issue. But he is a one man show and now this problem is going to fall right on us to solve alone. To top it off, we have a President who has no idea of what he is doing and who will not listen to those people who do.

The only "business side of things" Donald Trump understands is how to sell and buy real estate, and that is a far cry from solving a serious crisis like this one.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:51 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
tRump is a retarded bull that carries his own China shop with him wherever he goes.

In his own words...

Old 09-05-2017, 09:06 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The problem is that the North Korean leader is a madman. He's like a terminator. He can't be reasoned
with, bargained with, and shows no mercy. It really does start to look like the guy is begging for war. Who knows, he may know that his days are numbered and just wants to take as many down with him. Only solution I see is an assassination attempt.

Given Kim Jung Nut's continued existence it's a safe bet he's protected by a number of people, kill him and what's to say one of them doesn't grab the reins and continue down the same path? Fail in the attempt and we've committed an act of war. What then?

Old 09-05-2017, 09:23 AM

1,219 posts, read 1,756,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post

Actually I don't think China can peacefully take out Kim.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:03 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Here is how I would explain North Korea. Juche. Basically, North Korea is the hermit kingdom of the world. It does what it does because it is willing to put its people through starvation to do so. Little to lose.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:14 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
For much of my adult life, it's gone like this: North Korea does something provocative toward developing nuclear weapons and threatens to kill us all; we make some stern condemnations and create some sanctions.

Sanctions clearly do nothing. We've been sanctioning the hell out of these people and their nuclear program is doing great.

It's just frustrating to watch the rest of the world - strongly armed nuclear power - talk tough and sit around doing nothing but allow North Korea to advance their missile technology and become exponentially more dangerous.

Guess I just wonder...why does it have to be this way? Why does this impoverished group of thugs get to outsmart us and boss us around? Are we really that dumb to not have seen how all this would play out? Why don't we just cave and give them everything they want? Seems that's the path the world has chosen.

And yes, I do blame Obama for his share of doing nothing about this.
cool story bro, so what is YOUR solution? as to blaming Obama cool story bro but they got nukes BEFORE obama so not really sure why you feel the need to blame him? but maybe it is because you are uncomfortable blaming the republican who was in power when they got them.

NK detonated a nuclear device during 2006. George BUSH was POTUS. Bush had 6 years to stop them and failed.

by the time Obama got into office (jan 2009) NK had nukes and could hit SK with them.
NK detonated a nuclear device during 2006. George BUSH was POTUS. Bush had 6 years to stop them and failed.

so tell me again how this is Obama's fault, when GEORGE BUSH was in power for 6 years before they got them.... .?

but it get it, you hate obama and love bush so can't face up to that reality.

and did i mention...

NK detonated a nuclear device during 2006. George BUSH was POTUS. Bush had 6 years to stop them and failed.NK detonated a nuclear device during 2006. George BUSH was POTUS. Bush had 6 years to stop them and failed.NK detonated a nuclear device during 2006. George BUSH was POTUS. Bush had 6 years to stop them and failed.NK detonated a nuclear device during 2006. George BUSH was POTUS. Bush had 6 years to stop them and failed.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:15 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
For much of my adult life, it's gone like this: North Korea does something provocative toward developing nuclear weapons and threatens to kill us all; we make some stern condemnations and create some sanctions.

Sanctions clearly do nothing. We've been sanctioning the hell out of these people and their nuclear program is doing great.

It's just frustrating to watch the rest of the world - strongly armed nuclear power - talk tough and sit around doing nothing but allow North Korea to advance their missile technology and become exponentially more dangerous.

Guess I just wonder...why does it have to be this way? Why does this impoverished group of thugs get to outsmart us and boss us around? Are we really that dumb to not have seen how all this would play out? Why don't we just cave and give them everything they want? Seems that's the path the world has chosen.

And yes, I do blame Obama for his share of doing nothing about this.

LOL...a one post drive by, all hat and no cattle

Old 09-05-2017, 11:19 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Let's just face it, the strong men of the world actually run the show. The West is full of PC moron sissies that can't figure out how to get themselves out of a wet paper bag.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:28 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,605,343 times
NK is shooting for conce$$ions AND acceptance as a nuclear-power.

NK probably will eventually back-down, in order to get the goodies and take some heat off themselves....but there is no-way they are going to set-aside their
nuclear-program/nuclear-ambitions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies