Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 08:45 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
This could have been an interesting dialogue, if the OP actually focused on AI and how the US can be in the forefront of technological advancements made in this field. How this became yet another discussion about race/racism defies all explanation - especially considering the OP want American minorities to stop worrying about American Caucasians.

Two sorts of posters here..those who fit the facts..no matter how irrelevant...into their agendas..and those who adjust their world views to fit the facts.

One type is very common indeed..the other..less so.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:46 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Nahh, they should worry about Confederate statues. I hear those things come alive at night and lynch black people.
The statues are getting taken care of...one by one.

You're a Yankee anyway, so don't worry about it. Doesn't concern you.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:51 AM

18,470 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, I bet you do.
What does that even mean?

You do that a lot. You assign your own pre conceived notions to people (or at least, to me) without knowing the first thing about them.

What in my history makes you think I'm obsessed with race, like you claim caucasians are? How many of these racial threads do I post in? 2%? 3%? And the few that I do participate in, It's usually some off topic subject within the thread. If a minority is successful, good for them. I am happy for them. I am proud to call many successful minorities, my friends. Success takes hard work, no matter what your ethnicity is, and hard work is something I admire.

I love my life as it is. I'm happy to live it, just as it is. What reason to I have to concern myself with all this racial nonsense? It does nothing for me. I would be happiest if everyone would just chill out and live their lives.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:51 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,224 times
It must be frustrating for a certain group of people to be so focused on being victims. I guess it makes it easier to say I am being discriminated against rather than doing what every other group of people have done like working hard and improving yourself. Maybe having your hand out and playing the race card works for some.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
What does that even mean?

You do that a lot. You assign your own pre conceived notions to people (or at least, to me) without knowing the first thing about them.

What in my history makes you think I'm obsessed with race, like you claim caucasians are? How many of these racial threads do I post in? 2%? 3%? And the few that I do participate in, It's usually some off topic subject within the thread. If a minority is successful, good for them. I am happy for them. I am proud to call many successful minorities, my friends. Success takes hard work, no matter what your ethnicity is, and hard work is something I admire.

I love my life as it is. I'm happy to live it, just as it is. What reason to I have to concern myself with all this racial nonsense? It does nothing for me. I would be happiest if everyone would just chill out and live their lives.
Oh yeah? Hmmmm.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:56 AM

18,470 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Oh yeah? Hmmmm.
Again, I'm not following you. If you want a discussion, you are going to have to give me more than that.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:13 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Who refers to white folks as 'Caucasians'?

Quote:
The Caucasian race (also Caucasoid,[1] or Europid)[2] is a grouping of human beings historically regarded as a biological taxon, which, depending on which of the historical race classifications used, have usually included some or all of the ancient and modern populations of Europe, the Caucasus, Asia Minor, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia, Central Asia and South Asia.[3] ...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

Oh yeah, only in America.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:16 AM

322 posts, read 286,659 times
Did I accidentally stumble onto some alt right website?

Lol the nerve of a non minority to tell any minority what to get over lol.

Old 09-02-2017, 09:19 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
. In everyone of these threads there's a Trump supporter trying to justify racist behavior on their side.

I'll say this. Once your side stops being racist and gunning down unarmed black folks, I'll stop pointing these things out...
Okay, I'm probably wasting my time, but I'll take your bait in the hope you can open your mind.

Your above response is exactly the point I was making. You are looking for racism and victimhood everywhere, and seeing it even where it's not ---> my racist side??? My justifying racist behavior???

I am a female senior, democrat most of my life, now an independent who leans conservative.
I marched for civil rights in the late fifties and sixties. I taught in minority-majority schools. I've volunteered repeatedly in black charity programs. And my husband and I probably have more minority friends and have hired more minority employees than most of the liberals who post here.

Decades ago I had concerns for an elderly black friend who was starting a B&B in an all white rich neighborhood. Her answer to my concern was, "if I don't go looking for prejudice, it doesn't come looking for me."

You'd do well to take that wise woman's advice......

Old 09-02-2017, 09:58 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Exclamation ***The Black Perspective in America***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Okay, I'm probably wasting my time, but I'll take your bait in the hope you can open your mind.

Your above response is exactly the point I was making. You are looking for racism and victimhood everywhere, and seeing it even where it's not ---> my racist side??? My justifying racist behavior???

I am a female senior, democrat most of my life, now an independent who leans conservative.
I marched for civil rights in the late fifties and sixties. I taught in minority-majority schools. I've volunteered repeatedly in black charity programs. And my husband and I probably have more minority friends and have hired more minority employees than most of the liberals who post here.

Decades ago I had concerns for an elderly black friend who was starting a B&B in an all white rich neighborhood. Her answer to my concern was, "if I don't go looking for prejudice, it doesn't come looking for me."

You'd do well to take that wise woman's advice......
Let me be frank, nobody that claims someone is pulling a "racial victimhood card" by pointing out racism in America is woke!! Not one person.. My mind was opened long ago. My personal library probably has more books then most people.. I'm informed, I'm educated, I'm involved, and I'm successful but do you know what? None of those things make me oblivious to what goes on around me.

I've experienced both racism and discrimination firsthand before. White supremacy is not some fable that hardly ever happens.. My perspective is unique to me but it is also the black perspective in America. Regardless of what your political affiliation is, racism against black folks doesn't affect you so we can never have the same perspective on this subject. Regardless of how many minorities you keep in your acquaintance and regardless of how many schools you worked in that had minority students, white supremacy does not affect you...

You say you're an independent that leans conservative. I can tell by what you are trying to claim...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies