Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 08:37 AM

62,998 posts, read 29,187,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabronie View Post
Yeah, those pesky illegals that had the gaul to be involuntarily born here.

Edit - a word

Those born here aren't illegals even though they have been deemed citizens by only a PC policy. You don't know the difference between them and those who were brought here illegally by their parents and referred to as the DACA's?

Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,240,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I don't agree with this. DACA kids are not the problem. They have already been vetted and in society. This was done to appease Trump's base. He has to hold onto the 30-35% who still support him or its all over.

Any Trumpsters who think DACA kids are really a big problem try to intelligently explain why. I said intelligently.
They are here illegally. The method is immaterial.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:39 AM

25,965 posts, read 22,149,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I have said that on this thread or one of the other couple that are dups. Should have been made Law by Congress and now it will be.
We shall see, but if were an illegal alien, I wouldn't bet my future on it. Also, how will those still minors remain without their illegal alien parents, oh, that's right, we'll have to allow them to stay also. 10 states are opposing this and ready to take action against Trump if he continues the program, and I am proud to say that my state is one of them. We are plagued by these illegal aliens and had enough.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:41 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Why is it the right thing to do? The law says you can't come into or stay in the country illegally. It's pretty simple. All DACA does is incentivize illegals to bring their kids into the country, or worse yet, to send them alone. Obama deported record numbers of children back to their home countries & Trump will continue it. It's not about compassion, it's about the law & common sense.
Those it applies to did not chose to come here, too deep for ya? Obama sent back families and those children that came here voluntarily, not who we are talking about here, and for the most part I had no issue with that.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:41 AM

No amnesty.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,952,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No amnesty.

Translation: No Compassion

76,971 posts, read 47,676,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Obama created DACA through abusing his executive power. The president cannot create laws - the congress does.
Its not a law, but if you are right, it would mean Trump can eliminate it with the snap of his fingers. Of course that's exacly what his base expected him to do, but now he has passed the responsibility to other parties.

39,082 posts, read 51,266,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Already said this, it was the job of Congress to begin with, now it will be official and yes it will stand, even Repubs know what is Right.
I'm not so sure - about either of those.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
You must be careful when you state Trump "does" anything since he has effectively done nothing since he stepped into office (and largely - even before).

Repeal and replace on DAY ONE.
ISIS in 30 Days.
Tax Reform by end of August
Muslim total BAN.

The list is much longer.

You need to preface every statement about Don the Con with

"He claims he wants to"
or
"He claims he will attempt to"
or
"He just opened his mouth, meaning more lies and BS poured out"....

Let's all talk when this is done....or not. It's really hard to imagine children who grew up 100% here and who don't even know any other land being shipped back to Mexico. Are they going to throw them into the corporate jails on the way like they do with the others?

What if each of them presses forward with court cases and appeals?

Reality turns out to be a completely different matter from Trumpland. Heck, he may need them for cannon fodder for all the wars he is extending and starting...and change his mind.
No amnesty. What the parents did is not my problem.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:43 AM

2,280 posts, read 1,675,051 times
As much as I can sympathize with the Dreamers, the DACA situation should be handled in Congress which repeatedly has ducked the issue. Now they will be forced to deal with it and have to go on record with their decisions. I would bet that many lawmakers do not want to actually take a stand but prefer to continue to complain about the EO.

I do feel that any DACA receipient who served honorably in the military should have a path to citizenship. Putting your life on the line is a different scenario.

The parents who brought in these children were acting illegally and jumped ahead of those waiting for a lawful visa, or chose to overstay their visa. If you lived in an area where illegal immigration was rampant, you did see overcrowded schools, special teachers dropped to provide for ESL teachers, and overcrowded and even chaotic hospital ERs.

In some cases, the damage has already been done and all the money and resources in education, etc. spent on the DACA receipents will just go down the drain if they are targeted for deportation. I have no doubt that many would be good contributors to our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies