Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2017, 03:23 PM

8,564 posts, read 10,987,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're illegal, not "undocumented."

Robbing a bank is illegal. Hijacking a plane is illegal. Should we just let those slide, too? Or are YOU a hater of those who just need more money , or need to fly somewhere to visit a terminally ill family member?
Wow, let me put this into the simplest of context so that the thickest of liberals can understand.

Illegals in fact are undocumented, because they entered the country illegally.
They are not eligible for documentation.
Neither are they eligible for immigrant status.

Liberals put this "undocumented " spin on it , hoping that we citizens with even half a brain won't see, or use the term illegal, making it sound like undocumented is acceptable.
Well for many of us, it is not.

Well I have news for the fools behind that campaign, these are illegal aliens as proclaimed by the United States government.
That is what the immigration laws of this country state, "illegal aliens".

Liberals would like to retain the "undocumented" status because it seems to them not a real serious characterization, in the false hope that we citizens will forget they entered the country illegally.

" Alien" has always been the word used by the immigration department, to describe people coming to this country from another land, and in fact I remember years ago, each year, in January, that was the time set aside for all "Aliens" to register with immigration,at a post office, so immigration could keep tabs on the amount of "Aliens" in the country, at any one time.
Ads in newspapers,on radio, flyers posted in government buildings, and post offices were there to remind "ALIENS" that they had to register.
I am not talking new aliens,all aliens, regardless of how long they had been in the country, had to register every January.
So, despite the liberal "hook" to the status of people who came here illegally, they are illegal aliens.

By government mandate,they are illegal aliens.

True, they are undocumented,but the liberals conveniently forget one very important addition to their status, and that is, they are undocumented illegal aliens, not immigrants.

To be an immigrant in this country, one has to be here legally., and obtain the physical authority to be here.
The rest are exactly what they are,they are not immigrants,they are cheaters of the system, who defied our immigration laws in coming here.

Bob.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:24 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,908,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're illegal, not "undocumented."

Robbing a bank is illegal. Hijacking a plane is illegal. Should we just let those slide, too? Or are YOU a hater of those who just need more money , or need to fly somewhere to visit a terminally ill family member?
What Joe Arpaio did was ILLEGAL and he was CONVICTED. trump and his supporters cannot ever speak to the Rule of Law with any sense of integrity.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:25 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
Let me first say, I'm not a Trump fan but, I'm really getting annoyed with how the media, democrats and some republicans are spinning anythings this says. Obama signed an executive order for DACA, by his own admission it's unconstitutional. For this to be set up correctly, congress needs to draft it and pass it. If he asked congress without planning to cancel it with a 6 month delay, it probably wouldn't get done. He's NOT against DACA...he said when congress gets it done, he would most likely view it favorably. That does not mean, I might change my mind later. It means, since they haven't written it yet, it better bill for DACA only, don't try to add something on to it that will kill it. This should be a good thing for those DACA effects. He's more than happy to make DACA legit, the way I see it.

All I'm hearing though is Trump wants round up all these Dreamers that did nothing wrong and love America and send them some where, they're really not familiar. Now they're saying will Obama will making a statement to criticize Trump for ending DACA. I think that's really poor of him to feel that he needs to say something that's just more spin. Other Ex-Presidents have made it a point to let the next President do his job without commenting. I think this kind of thing that is tearing us apart. For the next 6 months all we're going to be hearing, is that the deadline for 800,000 Dreamers to be rounded up approaching....why do this.

The thing to do, is to protest down at the Capital for Congress to write the bill and pass it....that's what needs to be done to make this right. Protesting Trump for something that's not even true, is stupid....all it's going to do is make everyone mad. If you hate Trump, that's fine with me but, when he's actually doing what really needs to be done, why interfere. Congress needs to be given a deadline or they won't get it done and I wouldn't be surprised it takes until midnight 6 months from now to pass it.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:26 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
Liberals: MUST... RESIST... TRUMP... AT ALL COSTS...

Old 09-04-2017, 03:29 PM

23,564 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
at all taxpayer cost!

Old 09-04-2017, 03:35 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,836,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwit View Post
What Joe Arpaio did was ILLEGAL and he was CONVICTED. trump and his supporters cannot ever speak to the Rule of Law with any sense of integrity.
You've been given the response to this over and over in other threads, but you keep repeating yourself.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-04-2017 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: rude

Old 09-04-2017, 03:40 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,022 times
No where in that article does mention that Trump is giving congress 6 months to get DACA passed the right way, the permanent way. By not fixing this and leaving Obama's EO alone, what he'd really be doing, is leaving the Dreamers in limbo.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:52 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
It's called "election nullification" or "obstruction of government".

Old 09-04-2017, 03:53 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

Yes.

Old 09-04-2017, 03:54 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Same way the GOP did for the last eight years,get use to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies