Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2017, 10:30 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
So adding to the National Debt and not having a vote on it is "getting something done"?

They certainly could have passed money for the disasters without ignoring a budget deadline.

I know you mean well - but the real truth is that if you, I or the government just does everything we want that "feels good" we will soon all be very broke. In fact, we (the government) already are.

If you truly feel this way and support large tax increases then you are not a hypocrite. For example, that is my attitude - I know it takes more than what we are allocating to provide the services people want.

Instead, many are pushing for tax cuts. That's plain silly. Irresponsible, in other words.

The problem here is that we have to have consistency. Other countries do and they will clean our clocks if we don't.

Simple example:

You want a car

1. You get a job
2. You cover your basic living expenses
3. You save for a down payment and work harder so you will have plenty to get the car.
4. You buy the car
5. You drive and enjoy the car.

The Politics you seem to be approve of consists of:

I want a car.
4. I buy the car
5. I drive the car.

Without going into a lot of detail, I'll just say that you've really misinterpreted my overall position on our federal budget, apparently based on one very short post I made (since if you pay any attention to my other copious postings - not that you have an obligation to do so - you couldn't possibly reach this same conclusion).

To clarify - I like the message of "Forget party lines - get something done across party lines if necessary. Work. Together."

I like that. I also liked his DACA ruling as well - for much the same reason - he in a sense is forcing Congress to actually work, and probably have to work together instead of all this partisan stalling and grandstanding - at the tax payer's expense.

Our biggest problem isn't our deficit - our history over the past 25 years proves pretty much that no one party really is interested in a balanced budget - they just each have different priorities. Our biggest problem in my opinion is partisan politics fueled by career politicians who clearly care more about their own careers and power than the American people. I'm sick of it personally.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 09-07-2017 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 11:39 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,676,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You still don't get it.

Trump supporters aren't "Democrats" or "Republicans" in the traditional sense.

But despite that, it doesn't stop one of us for calling these parties out for what they are. You ought to take lesson from it.
Yeah, I must have had this forum confused with one with avid Trump supporters constantly telling Democrats that they lost, shut up as they don't matter, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are idiots, the Democrats are finished as a party, Trump and the Republicans will do whatever they want because they are in total control, etc., ad nauseum.

Now the story is Trump supporters will have no problem with his working with Democrats? Some people must get dizzy as heck from all the spinning.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:41 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,354,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Sweden and Norway used to elect dogs as kings. Just because it was a cute and hilarious idea.
When did we do that?

Old 09-07-2017, 11:57 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
So adding to the National Debt and not having a vote on it is "getting something done"?

They certainly could have passed money for the disasters without ignoring a budget deadline.

I know you mean well - but the real truth is that if you, I or the government just does everything we want that "feels good" we will soon all be very broke. In fact, we (the government) already are.

If you truly feel this way and support large tax increases then you are not a hypocrite. For example, that is my attitude - I know it takes more than what we are allocating to provide the services people want.

Instead, many are pushing for tax cuts. That's plain silly. Irresponsible, in other words.

The problem here is that we have to have consistency. Other countries do and they will clean our clocks if we don't.

Simple example:

You want a car

1. You get a job
3. You save for a down payment and work harder so you will have plenty to get the car.
4. You buy the car

I want a car.
4. I buy the car
5. I drive the car.
It is a temporary measure, the Repubs wanted to raise it permanently, maybe you should share a little of your outrage on those that are in charge.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:02 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,551,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trumpists, Trumpeteers, Trumplings, Trumpkins. I've heard them all. We're Americans, and want the CITIZENS of this country to succeed, be prosperous, and as happy as possible. When you stop using little girl style names, you may get some credibility.
If that is true you wouldn't have voted for Trump.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I like the message - GET SOMETHING DONE. WORK TOGETHER, CONGRESS. I personally like that Trump isn't playing partisan games.

I am seriously thinking about writing all our local and state representatives, from both parties, and telling them, "GET OFF YOUR ARSE AND GET SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE DONE OR I'LL VOTE FOR YOUR COMPETITION NEXT GO ROUND AND I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT PARTY THEY REPRESENT AS LONG AS THEY'RE NOT A CAREER POLITICIAN."
Hopefully More Americans will take a similar stand. Nothing irks me more that some idiot saying that they are happen when the government is doing nothing, of-course while whining about it at the same time. We hire this people deal with the issues of the Nation and most of us expect them to do their Job, if they don't or prove themselves not up to the task then we need to show them the door and give someone else a crack at it. I would love to see American voters turn into Independents, do what is best for the Nation not some Political Party, which are often bought by the highest bidder.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:03 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,558,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Yeah, I must have had this forum confused with one with avid Trump supporters constantly telling Democrats that they lost, shut up as they don't matter, Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are idiots, the Democrats are finished as a party, Trump and the Republicans will do whatever they want because they are in total control, etc., ad nauseum.

Now the story is Trump supporters will have no problem with his working with Democrats? Some people must get dizzy as heck from all the spinning.
It's just every which way the wind blows; you are exactly right.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
When did we do that?
Come on - haven't you seen the paintings of dogs dressed up as kings (or dogs playing poker for that matter)? Weren't those Scandinavian kings?

https://i.pinimg.com/236x/24/7c/f9/2...-dane-dogs.jpg

Old 09-07-2017, 12:08 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,449,403 times
Quote:

Simple example:

You want a car

1. You get a job
4. You buy the car

I want a car.
4. I buy the car
5. I drive the car.
Or

I want a car
I promise you to give you a ride if you loan me the money to buy it
I buy the car
F**k you

Old 09-07-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hopefully More Americans will take a similar stand. Nothing irks me more that some idiot saying that they are happen when the government is doing nothing, of-course while whining about it at the same time. We hire this people deal with the issues of the Nation and most of us expect them to do their Job, if they don't or prove themselves not up to the task then we need to show them the door and give someone else a crack at it. I would love to see American voters turn into Independents, do what is best for the Nation not some Political Party, which are often bought by the highest bidder.
Well, amen to this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies