Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2017, 04:55 PM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Call it what you will, but now we have vast corporate dark money flooding our elections. We have entire shadow political bosses like the Kochs fronting org that put billions (and propaganda) toward ruination of society. The seek the ability to pollute more, pay less and in general not pay their fair share of a civil society.

And, no, I don't believe Corporations are People nor should be protected as such under our Bill of Rights. If a HUMAN being in a corporation want to press something, that is a different story.

But, please, don't insult our intelligence. The RESULT of CU is an orgy of dark money never seen before in DC - people who don't have to show their face and names and yet can corrupt and buy the political process...top to bottom.

Let me guess - you are FOR ripping masks off antifa, but against ripping masks off cowardly billionaires who are using corporate money to buy our democracy. Do I have that right?
You are all over the place...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2017, 05:21 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Here is another theory....

The vast "Hate Obama Corporations and Conspiracies" put out so much hate and propaganda that they created false opposition to it.
your theory sounds much more likely than the OP's.

OP's theory requires vast resources and conspiracy to fool tens of millions. whereas your theory is simple and we can actually see it in action daily.

a few well funded outlets selling fear and hate stoking baseless anger and resentment. That is all it takes to get those already invested in an "enemy " to DACA in a very negative light.

Old 09-06-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
your theory sounds much more likely than the OP's.

OP's theory requires vast resources and conspiracy to fool tens of millions. whereas your theory is simple and we can actually see it in action daily.

a few well funded outlets selling fear and hate stoking baseless anger and resentment. That is all it takes to get those already invested in an "enemy " to DACA in a very negative light.
Following the law - who knew it would be such a tough concept to grasp. Not for certain liberals I suppose.

Actually when thinking about it - many liberals aren't concerned about the law until it benefits them. How many yard signs were stolen during the campaign? How many innocent have been assaulted by the antifa thugs, as well as property that has been damaged? Obama passed DACA despite the laws on the books?

I guess the law is a tough concept for many liberals.

Old 09-06-2017, 06:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If I break the law, I will either get fined or go to jail.

I don't understand people's preference to break the law for illegals and dreamers.

If you want to change the law, then put the proper legislators in Congress and do it legally. Then nobody can say anything.

I think the hidden truth is most people don't want DACA. All of this publicity is a sell job to influence others, mask the facts, and keep Obama's regulation that defies existing law and hacks the legislative process.

These are people who are here against the law. If you don't like it - the change the law the right way. Obama short circuited the process with his regulation, which allows Trump to do his re-wiring of that regulation. ObamaCare is the law of the law BECAUSE it was passed through the proper legislative procedure. The majority doesn't like it - too bad. It's here now until it is changed the proper way. That's the way DACA should be.

This whole fiasco is due to a president who choose to short cut the process to get what he wants, and a sizable portion of the population who are willing to cheat and skirt the law to get what they want. These same people will get mad when someone they don't like is able to skirt the law.

It's actually pretty childish...

LIBERTY:
It is not illegal, until you get caught.
This goes for murder and theft, too.

It is your liberty to do what ever the hell you want.

Laws are your enslavement to someone else's thinking, by violent force. The common crimes of Theft and Murder have always brought revenge.

Old 09-06-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
LIBERTY:
It is not illegal, until you get caught.
This goes for murder and theft, too.

It is your liberty to do what ever the hell you want.

Laws are your enslavement to someone else's thinking, by violent force. The common crimes of Theft and Murder have always brought revenge.
I take the Romans 13 viewpoint of government. It's put in place by God to keep some semblance of order among humanity.

Old 09-06-2017, 08:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
As a legal immigrant, that is my view. If someone was brought here as a child and have no ties to their country of birth, work something out to let them stay. Shipping off someone who has been here since age 3 or 4, and doesn't know their birth country, just seems mean. The parents of said children though, sorry no deal. You were an adult and knowingly broke immigration law and must be held accountable.
well said, and i can go along with this sentiment. we should work to make the dream act law. and we should control our borders. as for the adults that broke the law to get here, as long as they followed the laws while they are here, then perhaps we can find a way to let them stay legally. pay back income taxes, pay a fine, do community service work, etc.

for those that are criminals here, other than breaking our immigration laws, send them back.

Quote:
Call it what you will, but now we have vast corporate dark money flooding our elections. We have entire shadow political bosses like the Kochs fronting org that put billions (and propaganda) toward ruination of society. The seek the ability to pollute more, pay less and in general not pay their fair share of a civil society.

And, no, I don't believe Corporations are People nor should be protected as such under our Bill of Rights. If a HUMAN being in a corporation want to press something, that is a different story.

But, please, don't insult our intelligence. The RESULT of CU is an orgy of dark money never seen before in DC - people who don't have to show their face and names and yet can corrupt and buy the political process...top to bottom.

Let me guess - you are FOR ripping masks off antifa, but against ripping masks off cowardly billionaires who are using corporate money to buy our democracy. Do I have that right?
oh goody, you are one of those that makes assumptions about people without actually knowing them. prejudge much?

first off, even before citizens united, corporations and the very rich could still donate as much money to political campaigns as they wished, they just had to use different channels. that money is always going to be there regardless of what laws you create to try and stop it.

for instance, lets say you make a law that says the absolute maximum donation to any campaign by any person or business is ten thousand dollars. if i owned a business with lets say 2000 employees. i could legally bundle 10,000 dollars per employee, and put it in the name of each employee, and give 20,000,000 to a single candidate, or party. there are ways around law like this even without the scotus.

as for antifa, hell yes we need to rip their masks off and prosecute those that have committed crimes and punish them. as for billionaires using corporate money, they are already in the public eye, if you are willing to do some digging. george soros for instance donates tons of money through his various businesses. so do the koch brothers. its all in the public records. want to see where warren buffet donates his money? look it up.

if you are going to donate to a political campaign, it will be part of the public record because the candidates HAVE to report where the donations come from. or did you not know that?

Old 09-06-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I take the Romans 13 viewpoint of government. It's put in place by God to keep some semblance of order among humanity.

Is it's power absolute? If what you say is true, King George would not have lost big time to a bunch of dumb rednecks, that had to know how to shoot to survive, well before any fight.

Individual Liberties, trump the tyrannical collective power, of oppressive force. Thus the 2nd amendment.

Do you have a limit on the oppression you sustain, before you say, "give me liberty, or give me death"

Old 09-06-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayguy01 View Post
Show some dignity and delete your account. rbohm just destroyed you on each of these points. You know this as you've run away from his response to this post. If you had a shred of self respect you would never post on this site again. It will only show a complete lack of character and intelligence if you ever post here again. Do yourself a favor.

I happen to agree with craigiri, that 9 people in robes do not determine my rights as they are written. Only I can protect my rights.
If you allow others to do so, you are at their mercy and beholding. Stand up stick your chest out and tell them, "I am not in bondage to you, so F** off. Lay a hand on me and one of us is going to die. It is a good day to die, isn't it?"

Old 09-06-2017, 09:05 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,867,274 times
I think DACA was a super secret Russian plot to take over the US Congress... that's what the anti-Trumper told me from an anonymous source.... /end sarcasm

Old 09-06-2017, 09:09 PM

289 posts, read 220,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I happen to agree with craigiri, that 9 people in robes do not determine my rights as they are written. Only I can protect my rights.
If you allow others to do so, you are at their mercy and beholding. Stand up stick your chest out and tell them, "I am not in bondage to you, so F** off. Lay a hand on me and one of us is going to die. It is a good day to die, isn't it?"
That I can sort of agree with, but the examples she gave were elementary and easily refuted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies