Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 07:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The GOP is fighting within themselves so they can't get anything done. Democrats have no power in this matter so how could they be blamed? Ryan and MCConnell seem sometimes like they are smirking in the background when Trump is making a speech. Wonder what they've cooked up. Something is going to happen....
Many of us have said all along that the establishment Republicans are the ones who are ultimately going to be the impetus of Trump's downfall. His cosying up to "Nancy and Chuck" and completely and very publicly undermining their plans is just another nail in the coffin they're currently building for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 07:54 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
I don't think he caved to Democrats.

I think it was a calculation, but I am not sure why. That may become obvious later.

The Republicans have failed to deliver on repealing Obamacare. This was a shot across their bow that he will look elsewhere for "deals".

Old 09-07-2017, 08:01 AM

25,578 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The Republicans have failed to deliver on repealing Obamacare. This was a shot across their bow that he will look elsewhere for "deals".
I agree.

The knee slapping going on about how Republicans "cannot even agree among themselves" show the Democratic mindset, which is "don't think for yourself; don't think for America - just get in line".

We all may be reminded during the next 4 years that POTUS was never intended to be the head of a political party. For many months, Democrats have been saying that Trump is not a Republican. That thought is now showing some clarity, and it scares the Democrats witless because Trump will be able to accomplish his campaign goals, and he'll use members of both parties to do it.

Old 09-07-2017, 08:09 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I agree.

The knee slapping going on about how Republicans "cannot even agree among themselves" show the Democratic mindset, which is "don't think for yourself; don't think for America - just get in line".
Well, if you want to get anything done, you have to agree within your party or--shock and surprise!!--nothing gets done. So go ahead, continue to celebrate the fact that your party cannot agree on anything as they fail, over and over again, to accomplish anything, and consider that a big "win" for the GOP. We on the left will pop the Champagne bottles and celebrate that "win" with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
We all may be reminded during the next 4 years that POTUS was never intended to be the head of a political party. For many months, Democrats have been saying that Trump is not a Republican. That thought is now showing some clarity, and it scares the Democrats witless because Trump will be able to accomplish his campaign goals, and he'll use members of both parties to do it.
This is called projection. The truth is, the Republicans are scared witless because Trump has proven he has absolutely no party loyalty and will do whatever he wants, even if it completely undermines his own party's objectives. As a Democrat, I'm enjoying this immensely.

Old 09-07-2017, 09:36 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Exactly.

Now let's see if Republicans go along with this he's made.
Trump folded like a house of cards, weak negotiator, the only people who won't see this will be the hardcore Trump supporters, normal fiscal conservatives will see through this BS

Even though I'm not a Republican, on debt ceiling issues I can actually see the fiscal conservatives point of view and agree that cant just keep on increasing it.

From a fiscal conservative point of view, Trump failed

Old 09-07-2017, 10:36 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
That could be, but I wonder how ideological Trump is on the Obamacare issue.

Trump needed and wanted some accomplishment in the early months of his administration to crow about. It is clear he would have signed anything they had put in front of him. This was sadly in contrast to his repeated claims on the campaign trail of promising better coverage, cheaper, no one loses etc ...

I wonder if Trump would sign a single payer plan if it was put in front of him. Just musing ...

Old 09-07-2017, 10:55 AM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Trump saved us the embarrassment of watching the GOP fall on its face again on the debt issue. There's too much at stake with disasters relief and tax reform to be spinning tires on the budget. Plus they will most likely need democrat help on taxes since GOP can't govern themselves

Old 09-07-2017, 11:24 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,331,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I didn't see it that way at all. The GOP has been deliberately slow walking Trump’s agenda. They got their SCOTUS nominee and have jammed him up since. Eff the GOP and eff Ryan and McConnell. I expect Democrats to be a bunch of whining a-holes, just read all their nonsense here, but the GOP has been an absolute disgrace. They hold the House, the Senate, the Presidency and the majority of states across the country and they can't pass one major piece of legislation? That means they don't want to. They are ignoring the will of the people in the 2016 elections...eff those bastards, eff them all.
As a trump voter this is how I feel 100% .I think the president has done a fantastic job but I have nothing but absolute disgust with the republican party , they were handed a once in a lifetime chance to change the direction of the country and it would be hard to tell who won the election from how cowardly they have been

. They will probably fall over themselves to offer some sort of amnesty to the "dreamers", deep down they want to be seen as positively by the media as the democrats. Most deep down dont like trump or the right wing/nationalists in the republican party and want to get back the whole william c(b)uckley and cuckservative/open border types back in power

The most power they have had in 100 years,whats their excuse going to be this time for their failure?

Old 09-07-2017, 11:32 AM

1,548 posts, read 913,607 times
Adams is not a Republican nor is a hard-core Trump fan. He is merely an observer. I've been following him off & on since an appearance on Maher's show where he explained Trump's second-to-none persuasion skills.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:05 PM

122 posts, read 65,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I didn't see it that way at all. The GOP has been deliberately slow walking Trump’s agenda. They got their SCOTUS nominee and have jammed him up since. Eff the GOP and eff Ryan and McConnell. I expect Democrats to be a bunch of whining a-holes, just read all their nonsense here, but the GOP has been an absolute disgrace. They hold the House, the Senate, the Presidency and the majority of states across the country and they can't pass one major piece of legislation? That means they don't want to. They are ignoring the will of the people in the 2016 elections...eff those bastards, eff them all.
This x1000. They never wanted Trump and still don't. Bought and paid for political hacks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies