Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 05:46 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,751,772 times

Advertisements

Hillary will only say what needs to be said to get the votes but her true intentions are different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 06:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,965,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
so what's her policy.....don't come here but if you get here you get to stay?......some immigration policy!

that's like saying don't rob banks....but if you do., you can keep the money and not go to jail....lol
Sounds just like the conservative stand with Cuban illegals, step on our sand and you are welcome

Old 09-08-2017, 06:14 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,965,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
What it really means is that recent presidents and presidential candidates agree with Trump; we need to enforce our laws.
Then you are going to love it when Congress makes DACA Law.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:27 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,111,928 times
Taken so out of context. Do you remember when parents were putting their kids on trains (I mean riding ON TOP of freight trains) and sending them unaccompanied from Central America to escape terrorism there? When she said "dangerous journey" that's what she was talking about. At the time, officials and others with a voice were trying to discourage parents from doing this because so many were dying en route. In addition, they just showed up without families to live with. She had to tell they the truth, which is that many would be sent back, because parents somehow had to be dissuaded from doing this. DACA is not about sending unaccompanied children on extremely hazardous trips (on which many died), but about families who brought their children at a young age. Totally different problem. This is typical of BOTH sides - to take a statement out of context and generalize it for their own purposes.

Old 09-09-2017, 09:55 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then you are going to love it when Congress makes DACA Law.
That's fine with me.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:00 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,951 times
Well she for allowing them to have drivers licenses before she was against it. She was against illegal immigration before she was for backdoor amnesty called the immigration reform bill. It all depends what she thinks the people want to hear.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:03 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
Taken so out of context. Do you remember when parents were putting their kids on trains (I mean riding ON TOP of freight trains) and sending them unaccompanied from Central America to escape terrorism there? When she said "dangerous journey" that's what she was talking about. At the time, officials and others with a voice were trying to discourage parents from doing this because so many were dying en route. In addition, they just showed up without families to live with. She had to tell they the truth, which is that many would be sent back, because parents somehow had to be dissuaded from doing this. DACA is not about sending unaccompanied children on extremely hazardous trips (on which many died), but about families who brought their children at a young age. Totally different problem. This is typical of BOTH sides - to take a statement out of context and generalize it for their own purposes.
No, that was not the context. That was only one part of the interview. You can try but you can't change what she said which is clearly that illegal children must be sent back. Not just those from Central America.

AMANPOUR: Such an important issue. And what about right now? As we're seeing thousands of children come across --

CLINTON: Oh.

AMANPOUR: -- shantied off into makeshift shelters.

CLINTON: It's horrible.

AMANPOUR: Hard choice -- let them stay in the United States or send them back?

CLINTON: Well, two quick points. One, the numbers are increasing dramatically. And the main reason I believe why that's happening is that the violence in certain of those Central American countries is increasing dramatically. And there is not sufficient law enforcement or will on the part of the governments of those countries to try to deal with this exponential increase in violence, drug trafficking, the drug cartels, and many children are fleeing from that violence.

AMANPOUR: Should they be able to stay here? It's safer.

CLINTON: Well -- it may be safer but that's not the answer. I do not --

AMANPOUR: Should they be sent back?

CLINTON: Well, first of all, we have to provide the best emergency care we can provide. We have children 5 and 6 years old who have come up from Central America. We need to do more to provide border security in southern Mexico.

AMANPOUR: So, you're saying they should be sent back now?

CLINTON: Well, they should be sent back as soon as it can be determined who responsible adults in their families are, because there are concerns whether all of them should be sent back. But I think all of them who can be should be reunited with their families. And just as Vice President Biden is arguing today in Central America,

we've got to do more. I started this when I was secretary to deal with the violence in this region to deal with border security.

But we have so to send a clear message, just because your child gets across the border, that doesn't mean the child gets to stay. So, we don't want to send a message that is contrary to our laws or will encourage more children to make that dangerous journey.

Old 09-09-2017, 10:09 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,896,951 times
Quote:
No, that was not the context. That was only one part of the interview. You can try but you can't change what she said which is clearly that illegal children must be sent back. Not just those from Central America.

AMANPOUR: Such an important issue. And what about right now? As we're seeing thousands of children come across --

CLINTON: Oh.

AMANPOUR: -- shantied off into makeshift shelters.

CLINTON: It's horrible.

AMANPOUR: Hard choice -- let them stay in the United States or send them back?

CLINTON: Well, two quick points. One, the numbers are increasing dramatically. And the main reason I believe why that's happening is that the violence in certain of those Central American countries is increasing dramatically. And there is not sufficient law enforcement or will on the part of the governments of those countries to try to deal with this exponential increase in violence, drug trafficking, the drug cartels, and many children are fleeing from that violence.

AMANPOUR: Should they be able to stay here? It's safer.

CLINTON: Well -- it may be safer but that's not the answer. I do not --

AMANPOUR: Should they be sent back?

CLINTON: Well, first of all, we have to provide the best emergency care we can provide. We have children 5 and 6 years old who have come up from Central America. We need to do more to provide border security in southern Mexico.

AMANPOUR: So, you're saying they should be sent back now?

CLINTON: Well, they should be sent back as soon as it can be determined who responsible adults in their families are, because there are concerns whether all of them should be sent back. But I think all of them who can be should be reunited with their families. And just as Vice President Biden is arguing today in Central America,

we've got to do more. I started this when I was secretary to deal with the violence in this region to deal with border security.

But we have so to send a clear message, just because your child gets across the border, that doesn't mean the child gets to stay. So, we don't want to send a message that is contrary to our laws or will encourage more children to make that dangerous journey.
Typical Hillary, just couldn't say it without being put in a box. LOL

Old 09-09-2017, 10:28 AM

29,609 posts, read 16,598,076 times
Quote:
What it really means is that recent presidents and presidential candidates agree with Trump; we need to enforce our laws.
more like Trump agrees with them on a simplistic level,and that you guys spent years demonizing Democrats for nothing.

Old 09-09-2017, 11:44 AM

63,035 posts, read 29,235,885 times
I don't get how DACA could become a law. A law would be something that would be implemented permanently and for the future. It would be an amnesty for a present situation not a law. How is that a law unless any kids that can get across the border with our without their parents in the future would be ok by law? It won't be so it can't see how DACA could become a law per se. Amnesties aren't laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies