Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 07:18 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

I thought it might be interesting to note the big cases before the court and take a run at how they will rule. I imagine this thread will fall down a ways before the rulings come out but it might be interesting to see how close we were. When I state an opinion it does not mean I agree with the actions, just noting how I believe the court will rule.

Here are the major questions before the Supreme Court this fall - LA Times

Trump and the travel ban

I believe they will come down on the side of Trump.

Religious liberty and gay rights

This one is really hard because it has two rights conflicting with each other. On a purely argumentative discussion I could side either way. I believe they will rule against the baker.

Partisan gerrymandering

They will be very weak here but I believe the ruling will lead to the end of this. I don't think they will come up with a solution but I believe they will rule that the way it is done now is unfair.

Cellphone tracking and privacy

I believe they will rule against the FBI but that in the end we will find out that the FBI has ignored the ruling.

Employees and group arbitration

They will rule against the employees but I hope I am wrong.

Jail before deportation

They will rule that people can not be held indefinitely.

Voting rolls and purges

They will rule against the purges.

Sports betting

I really don't know here. Wild guess. They will rule on the side of the federal law.

Public employees and union fees

They give one back and rule for the employee's.

Job discrimination and gay employees

They will have the right pulling out their hair and rule for the gay employee's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies