Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 10:02 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Are you serious?

She just released a book, is doing a bunch of interviews, making a butch of wild claims like this one and you expect no one to talk about it?

Gtfo
jambo might want to advise hillarious to stop writing tell-all books.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:05 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Nobody answered the question. Was the Congress and media unfair to her?

Old 09-13-2017, 10:21 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Scorpios never forgive and never forget. A relative made a voodoo doll of her husband's divorce attorney who dropped dead a couple of month later.

Hillary has been part of a witches coven in California for decades. She and her good friend Linda Bloodworth-Thomason are members. It's been known since she was in Arkansas and written about many times. They are not 'white' witches -- don't want to be called racists?

Old 09-13-2017, 10:23 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
I don't really see what Congress has to do with the election itself.

I think she got put through a wringer over Benghazi over and over, but I guess I sort of understand it because of the public pressure to investigate it to death.

The media? The media is responsible for Trump's victory.... I don't think that means they were unfair to her.

They just thought it was fun to cover him like he was a serious candidate when he was running a sideshow media spectacle.

They can act annoyed with him now all they want, but that's on them.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:24 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Liberalism (the ideology of liberty) is the opposite of authoritarianism (ideology of authority).

To your point, someone can claim to be a liberal and not actually be a liberal. And slightly more to your point, someone can just be inconsistent, holding liberal views on some issues, possibly most, but contradicting their supposed liberal values on other issues.

A truly principled liberal cannot be an authoritarian though. A truly principles conservative can (though does not have to be).
Modern liberalism has nothing in common with classic liberalism other than the name. The closest you will get to classic liberalism in today's political climate is the libertarian party, and even that isn't classic liberalism. Don't bother trying to argue that liberals are not authoritarian, because other than a few partisan hacks nobody is going to believe you, simply because it isn't true. The Democrat party, and liberals in general, have shown over and over again how authoritarian they are. From forcing inferior products down our throats (Obamacare) to forcing people to accept ideas and behaviors that they don't agree with, the left has shown the world that if you don't agree with them, they will make sure that you are subject to attack, insult, and most likely legal action.

Furthering your argument in this post to its logical conclusion, the reality is that liberals are just as authoritarian as the conservatives. The only difference is what they choose to be authoritarian about. There is a reason that the term "liberal" has come to be a borderline insult in political arguments. Mainly because while they claim to be open minded and tolerant, that open minded tolerance ends as soon as you disagree with them.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:25 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post

Hillary has been part of a witches coven in California for decades. She and her good friend Linda Bloodworth-Thomason are members. It's been known since she was in Arkansas and written about many times. They are not 'white' witches -- don't want to be called racists?

The dumbest post I've seen on here yet and I've seen a lot.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:25 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,180 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Here's a list of things Hillary blames for her defeat.

What Happened: The long list of who Hillary Clinton blames - BBC News

James Comey - "If not for the dramatic intervention of the FBI director in the final days we would have won the White House."

Vladimir Putin
- "I never imagined that he would have the audacity to launch a massive covert attack against our own democracy, right under our noses - and that he'd get away with it."

Barack Obama - "I do wonder sometimes about what would have happened if President Obama had made a televised address to the nation in the fall of 2016 warning that our democracy was under attack. Maybe more Americans would have woken up to the threat in time. "

The Media - "Many in the political media … can't bear to face their own role in helping elect Trump, from providing him free airtime to giving my emails three times more coverage than all the issues affecting people's lives combined."

Bernie Sanders (and his supporters) - "His attacks caused lasting damage, making it harder to unify progressives in the general election and paving the way for Trump's 'Crooked Hillary' campaign."

Jill Stein - "There were more than enough Stein voters to swing the result, just like Ralph Nader did in Florida and New Hampshire in 2000."

Sexism
- "This has to be said. Sexism and misogyny played a role in the 2016 presidential election. Exhibit A is that the flagrantly sexist candidate won."

White resentment - "He (Trump) was quite successful in referencing a nostalgia that would give hope, comfort, settle grievances, for millions of people who were upset about gains that were made by others … millions of white people."

Hillary Clinton - "You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want - but I was the candidate. It was my campaign. Those were my decisions."

The Sunshine - "The Sun didn't come out on voting day and therefore many of my supporters stayed at home".

The Moonlight - "The Moon did not allign properly with the stars in order to secure my Victory".

The Good Times - "A lack of good times meant the American people were angry the the Democrat Party and therefore didn't vote for me".

The Boogie - "The Boogie just wasn't right and we all know that white middle class, middle aged, male America just can't boogie properly, indeed the boogie itself was sexist and misogynistic".

Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,711,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The world turned before they invented anything.

What did YOU invent?
Yeah, and the world turned when "medicine" meant using leeches or opening a vein to let the "bad humours" out of the body. Doesn't mean that the world was better or that the world wasn't improved by inventions.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:29 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Ok then

Run on evil
White people in 2020

Old 09-13-2017, 10:36 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,059 times
Between her voodoo comment, her book and several other comments from her mouth, she is really not accepting her responsibility in her loss of the election. Like every pretty much other politician, she's playing the blame game.

Quote:
I don't think they were at all. With the way they talked her up, people really thought she was a shoo in for the presidency. That's why so many of them were shocked and speechless when Trump won.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies