Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2017, 07:06 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,442,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
They had a bit on NPR today about her new book. After hearing this it was entirely clear why a woman can't and won't be President. If you're going to go cry about how Donald Trump was being a "creep" and being physically intimidating during one of the debates and ginning up the threatened woman trope it pretty much tells everyone that you would have been an even more disastrous president than Trump is. Al Gore famously did the same thing to Bush in the 2000 debates at one point and he didn't go b*tching about it. That's just how the big boys play with each other sometimes. I mean what the hell would she do if/when she was nose to nose with Putin or these middle eastern heads of state, or the Chinese?
You do recall that she was Secretary of State, right?

Old 09-12-2017, 07:34 PM

1,070 posts, read 1,292,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Not sure where you got the idea Clinton is absolutely nuts based on the highlighted portions of your links. If that's your basis for the misleading headline, you've failed miserably, IMO. Only things you've proven is you don't like Clinton, you don't like her book and you're grasping at straws to convince others not to like her.
Trumpers distort every normal Hillary behavior and see it as abnormal. And they try to normalize every aberrant, bizarre, abnormal, unethical Trump behavior that the majority recognize as totally not within the realm of normal. You can't cure the cult from their delusions.

This behavior used to be described as, "Strain at a gnat, swallow a camel." Only in this case, it's straining at every behavioral equivalent of a miniscule Hillary gnat, while swallowing whole every behavioral equivalent of a gargantuan Trump T-Rex, Stegosaur, Pterodactyl, Mastodon, Sabre-tooth or other aberration. And, boy, are there a bunch of them. Cultishness will do that as it is, in itself, an abnormality and an aberration. Normal people know that. Cult members don't.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:52 PM

7,712 posts, read 4,771,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
What's sad is most Democrats agree with her and cheer her on
I disagree. On this forum maybe. I think you have some paid trolls here & some people who are off-the-deep-end partisan. In real life, most Democrats I know are reasonable & think Hillary is a joke.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:56 PM

14,488 posts, read 6,132,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I disagree. On this forum maybe. I think you have some paid trolls here & some people who are off-the-deep-end partisan. In real life, most Democrats I know are reasonable & think Hillary is a joke.

Has any major establishment Democrat/media figure/celebrity called her out? Seems they are all nodding their heads

Old 09-12-2017, 07:59 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,131,134 times
This women should just go away in retirement and be thankful that Obama/Lynch/Comey protected her from serving 10 years in a federal prison.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:12 PM

27 posts, read 12,353 times
I could see where it is likely the media hurt Hillary. The coverage was so lop-sided and farcical that people probably stopped believing her alleged positive qualities and only registered the negative ones.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:55 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,798,916 times
Default Hillary: Trump "seems to want to be... a white authoritarian"

Being called authoritarian is bad, I guess, but adding the word "white" in front makes it super duper bad.
Quote:
Mugabe may be “authoritarian,” but at least he’s not “white authoritarian.”

In the future, instead of accusing Trump of being a “white authoritarian,” Hillary will accuse the President of being an “authoritarian white.” And, then, he’ll just be accused of being “white,” enough said.
But is it any surprise then that not enough white people voted for Hillary to make her President?
When did “white” become an all-purpose insult? - The Unz Review

Old 09-12-2017, 09:00 PM

21,320 posts, read 19,951,053 times
I suppose she thinks the Founding Fathers were evil "white authoritarians"?

Old 09-12-2017, 09:01 PM

27,785 posts, read 16,297,235 times
Said the white witch

Old 09-12-2017, 09:01 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,112,627 times
I'm a white person, so maybe I'm biased, but I doubt that... I just don't see the difference between being a white authoritarian or a black authoritarian. In fact, I'm not so sure why the race of the despot is worth mentioning in the first place. It's not like having your right to vote stripped by a black dictator is somehow less problematic that having it stripped by a white dictator.

It does make me want to read Clinton's book more and more though. It seems like it will be a good laugh and a pretty good weapon to use against the obvious examples of corruption and the lack of focus in the Democratic party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies