Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 02:45 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,807,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Oh, I totally do get it though, WK.

My point had more to do with how the media brings stuff into the public eye.

If no media had ever covered Donald Trump, would a good many voters really have known he was serious and not putting on a show?

Nope.

The media took down McCain/Palin by skewering Palin on what she did not know. Truth is, I think she knows more about government and running one than Trump.

Did they hit him like that? Nope.

So, to some extent, this is on them. And, not because I think people are stupid (though, there surely are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum and everywhere in between).

It's more because the less attention someone gets in our society, the less likely they'll get very far.

Which is why I hold the media responsible for Trump, to a certain extent. Yes, people still had to vote for him, but would they have if the media hadn't fawned over every opportunity to boost ratings by covering his every bowel movement?
I agree. The media is absolutely complicit in Trump's election. He was not my choice by a long shot but there he was on every cable news channel 24/7 and only for ratings boost and advertisement dollars. They never thought he would actually win. Neither did I. That said, I do not think any of the other GOP candidates could have beaten Hillary and they never would have gotten all the free media coverage that Trump received. To be sure I am glad Trump won but I cringe every time I turn on the news waiting for the next ill conceived tweet.

Old 09-13-2017, 02:47 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Quote:
It's not like she wrote about how easily she could grab men by their penises .
Would she recognize a penis if she saw one? Never mind actually touch one. "Eeeewww! Huma, hold me!"

Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Forget? Why would I want to forget?

Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton. It was the biggest political upset of the last 70 years.

Pretty much sinks everything you had to say.

But if you still support Bill Clinton's wife, then why don't you buy her book? Ahh yeah, I thought so.
Yep! He fluked his way into the presidency and he's fluking with us everyday he's in there. And he has a cult that's full of flukers.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:13 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Hillary ran out of hit men?

Old 09-13-2017, 03:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Yeah, and the world turned when "medicine" meant using leeches or opening a vein to let the "bad humours" out of the body. Doesn't mean that the world was better or that the world wasn't improved by inventions.
I don't know. I wasn't there.

Wanna brag about inventions? Good. Then invent something. Until then, don't blow smoke about what Edison or Whitney did. YOU invent something, then we can talk about how great you are.

I don't see ALL white people through the prism of the few brilliant ones that invented something. You don't get points for that. Want points? Show me what YOU can do.

Otherwise, miss me with all that.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:20 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Have you never thought it would be cathartic to make voodoo dolls?

LOL.

I don't think she's SERIOUS.
She's obviously joking yes, but like Trump, in an odd way, the jokes just aren't funny. They both laugh and it's clear it's supposed to be humor, but.....it just comes out sorta creepy.

Ug, so this book will just be making Hill look creepier than she already did.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:21 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Would she recognize a penis if she saw one? Never mind actually touch one. "Eeeewww! Huma, hold me!"
Maybe she's made penis dolls? lol

Old 09-13-2017, 03:30 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't see ALL white people through the prism of the few brilliant ones that invented something. You don't get points for that. Want points? Show me what YOU can do.
Must be sad to view everything, literally, through a racial lens and so that you can assign "points".

What kind of points did you give Hillary Clinton a former Goldwater Girl, Southern Democrat, and member of a White's Only country club (for years)?

What this topic is about.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Modern liberalism has nothing in common with classic liberalism other than the name. The closest you will get to classic liberalism in today's political climate is the libertarian party, and even that isn't classic liberalism. Don't bother trying to argue that liberals are not authoritarian, because other than a few partisan hacks nobody is going to believe you, simply because it isn't true. The Democrat party, and liberals in general, have shown over and over again how authoritarian they are. From forcing inferior products down our throats (Obamacare) to forcing people to accept ideas and behaviors that they don't agree with, the left has shown the world that if you don't agree with them, they will make sure that you are subject to attack, insult, and most likely legal action.

Furthering your argument in this post to its logical conclusion, the reality is that liberals are just as authoritarian as the conservatives. The only difference is what they choose to be authoritarian about. There is a reason that the term "liberal" has come to be a borderline insult in political arguments. Mainly because while they claim to be open minded and tolerant, that open minded tolerance ends as soon as you disagree with them.
Which SCOTUS justices voted to end Miranda?

Recently, which justice said that cops shouldn't need a warrant to take a blood sample from you when the rest of the Supreme Court said that you don't need a warrant for a breathalyzer test, but one was needed for a blood test?

Which justices not only ruled for the rich in Citizens United, but one of those justices in particular even said that the donor disclosure requirement should also be struck down?

Please. Conservatives are bootlickers of the powerful, and advocates of established authoritarian people and principles. That, in a nutshell, is what conservatism is by definition. Conserving the established order.

Old 09-13-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Must be sad to view everything, literally, through a racial lens and so that you can assign "points".

What kind of points did you give Hillary Clinton a former Goldwater Girl, Southern Democrat, and member of a White's Only country club (for years)?

What this topic is about.
Southern Democrat? Hillary Clinton is from suburban Chicago. Stop it.

And since when did the name "Goldwater" become a dirty word to be used to smear people to you right wingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies