Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 06:46 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times

Advertisements

When someone has the guts to write a show on Black Behavior Matters then I'll be interested .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 06:47 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Theme song ideas?

What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now

or there's always the classic

Pigs in a Blanket, fry 'em in Bacon

Sure, lets make a reality show about a bunch of ignorant, violent, racists.
You know liberal Hollywood would never portray them that way. They will portray them as righteous and selfless fighters for equal rights and freedom. LOL.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:04 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,054,389 times
I guess no Hollywood directors wants to do a movie similar to "Boyz N the Hood" and movies who had follow it anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4sKiGkzKJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmwGSZaJi0

Old 09-12-2017, 07:18 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Who's going to play George Soros, the Black Lives Master?

Old 09-12-2017, 07:20 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
No wonder so many people are cutting the cord.

Cable TV is becoming a vast wasteland of nonsense.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:24 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
I can think of a few p&oc posters who will think this is the best idea since sliced bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Theme song ideas?

What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want them? Now

or there's always the classic

Pigs in a Blanket, fry 'em in Bacon

Sure, lets make a reality show about a bunch of ignorant, violent, racists.
classic.

Old 09-12-2017, 07:49 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,279,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Watch or don't. Pretty simple to change the channel if you dont like.
I agree. I watch nothing myself, other than the Black Mirror series (fourth season out soon on Netflix).
----------------------
This could be an objective treatment of the subject, looking at the pros and cons. Maybe it'll shy from Michael Brown and focus more on the more legitimate cases of discriminatory police practices. Maybe it'll tackle police brutality against all people. Maybe it'll show how the movement was factionalized (I don't have the video at hand, but there was a very good video interview a while back about how these organized Marxist organizations had come in and co-opted the movement.

But I'm guessing it'll probably be fairly biased and dishonest. Now is the time to fan the flames of divisiveness (and profit from them).

Old 09-12-2017, 08:01 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I guess no Hollywood directors wants to do a movie similar to "Boyz N the Hood" and movies who had follow it anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4sKiGkzKJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmwGSZaJi0
Boys in The Hood, was an excellent movie, the message was excellent.

I really do not see BLM can be portrayed in a series, first off let me say I agree with their core message that Black Lives Matter, as do all lives, but I know why the movement exists. But sadly they picked the wrong incident to point to, Brown was a thug that got what he asked for, so the symbolism used is based on a Lie. They shot themselves in the foot, at least at some marches by yelling for dead cops, Really, are those the same cops you dial 911 for when you need help? Not all marches did this, here in Dallas the march was peaceful and the cops were even having their pictures taken with the marchers, all was good until a nut job decided he needed to share his hate by murdering a bunch of officers. It does seem that BLM has toned down the rhetoric a bit but any series is going to have to start at the beginning, so as such they will have to deal with their own mistakes, to portray the events any differently than what the facts proved will only bring more backlash to their movement and to those that produce the series. Gonna be interesting to see how they try dealing with the issues.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:04 AM

85 posts, read 56,824 times
That will last all of half a season.

Old 09-12-2017, 09:21 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,526,250 times
They've had black shows on for years...look at "Cops"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies