Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2017, 10:48 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
I think you, Pelosi, and Schumer are the "dreamers"

It will be a cold day in hell when Nancy and cryin Chuck get the better of President Trump

DACA is a crumb. Tax reform and wall are cookies. Let Nancy and Chuck eat some crumbs, while Trump bakes the cookies. Art of the deal. This is chess, this shlt ain't checkers.

What a pathetic joke you are making, to try to deflect from Trump's outreach to the only politicians in Washington, that have any organization and ability to work together to get things done.

As far as Trump agreeing to forget about "The Wall", I think he's known for some time it was a no-go project. Now, he's seizing on the opportunity to dump those plans, by using the deal with Schumer and Pelosi, as a means to explain why he has to do it. But it will be only one of many of his campaign promises that were never possible.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:55 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh but they will. They know the art of politics, Trump doesn't. And he's had many bankruptcies. So I don't think he's a great businessman at all. Forbes dropped him by 200 as the most richest.
Yep. Trump is a terrible businessman. Not very successful. And I agree with you, Trump doesn't know the art of politics, he hasn't had any success in politics.

Old 09-13-2017, 10:56 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Hmm, let me see. Our government has....wait for it.... Republicans AND Democrats. Who gives a rats a$$ what Trump said/promised during his campaign. Trump leaned Dem before signing the RNC loyalty pledge because he knew it was his only path to the White House.

Anyone who complains that Trump wants to work with ALL sides is loonie. I am no Trump fan. He's a rookie learning as he goes. We could make conjectures about his ulterior motives until the cows come home. Working with ALL government, both sides, is what I believe we should all want. Let's see where this heads. Be butt hurt if you voted for his promises and not Trump himself. Or be optimistic that Trump is thinking America and not who's side he's on.

I think he's pretty much been a disappointment thus far, but I like the tone of this development.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:14 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
It was just announced that Trump joined forces with the dems on DACA and border security. No wall.

Yea yea, you want a link. Just Google it.
No duh. He was always a democrat, but he ran on a Republican platform and hijacked the Republican party.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:31 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The Trump presidency is the definition of short attention span theater. It's been six whole days and nothing has happened! Time to change tactics! He has absolutely no concept of how legislation works.

But the comments to that article are hilarious. They feel so betrayed. They actually believed he was capable of governing, when, in fact, he's not capable of keeping his mind on anything long enough to see it through.

I have to admit, I'm enjoying the Trump presidency more than I ever thought possible.
The comments were hilarious. I'm loving the word "**********s" that was getting dropped all over the place.

Republicans just can't bring themselves to believe that they got had.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:35 AM

6,822 posts, read 14,034,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The comments were hilarious. I'm loving the word "**********s" that was getting dropped all over the place.

Yep they will never admit that Don the Con has claimed another victim. They are now saying Trump is doing what he promised with a straight face. Fact is Trump has been a complete failure and he is looking for victories were ever he can find them.

Old 09-14-2017, 12:40 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
Yep they will never admit that Don the Con has claimed another victim. They are now saying Trump is doing what he promised with a straight face. Fact is Trump has been a complete failure and he is looking for victories were ever he can find them.
If he can't win as a Republican he'll win as a liberal Democrat.

Winning

Old 09-14-2017, 12:54 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,140,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
It's interesting that so many Trump supporters were allegedly so serious about certain issues...until he changed his mind.

It has a whiff of:

Old 09-14-2017, 01:10 AM

108 posts, read 53,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Why are black americans happy about illegal immigration when it hurts them the most?Are democrats siding now with the open border koch brothers,chamber of commerce and corporate america that loves low paid illegals and immigrants? Why did so many unions, even cesar chavez, used to hate imigrration and campaign against illegal and legal immigration?

"Kirsanow focused on those 15 million illegal immigrants in his prepared testimony. He is a former member of the National Labor Relations Board and a labor lawyer. He said he was testifying "in my personal capacity."

He arrived with shocking statistics based on Civil Rights Commission hearings and other reports.

Among his claims, most illegal immigrants are low skill and compete with black males for jobs. But, he added, "the obvious question is whether there are sufficient jobs in the low skilled labor market for both African Americans and illegal immigrants. The answer is no."

He also cited reports that illegal immigration cuts wages for blacks, and that makes black men "less appealing" to potential spouses, and one that a 10 percent increase in immigration relates to a 1.3 percent higher incarceration rate for blacks.

"Giving amnesty to illegal immigrants would only exacerbate this problem facing low-skilled men, who are disproportionately African American. The dearth of job opportunities gives these men less confidence in their ability to support a family, and gives women reason to fear that these prospective husbands will only be another mouth to feed," said Kirsanow.

Steven A. Camarota, director of research for the Center for Immigration Studies, provided evidence that immigration results in $531 billion in lost wages, largely by boosting competition for work, driving wages down, a benefit to employers.
"

Expert: Amnesty, illegal immigration, hits black wages hardest

Old 09-14-2017, 01:17 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngh100 View Post
Why are black americans happy about illegal immigration when it hurts them the most?Are democrats siding now with the open border koch brothers,chamber of commerce and corporate america that loves low paid illegals and immigrants? Why did so many unions, even cesar chavez, used to hate imigrration and campaign against illegal and legal immigration?

"Kirsanow focused on those 15 million illegal immigrants in his prepared testimony. He is a former member of the National Labor Relations Board and a labor lawyer. He said he was testifying "in my personal capacity."

He arrived with shocking statistics based on Civil Rights Commission hearings and other reports.

Among his claims, most illegal immigrants are low skill and compete with black males for jobs. But, he added, "the obvious question is whether there are sufficient jobs in the low skilled labor market for both African Americans and illegal immigrants. The answer is no."

He also cited reports that illegal immigration cuts wages for blacks, and that makes black men "less appealing" to potential spouses, and one that a 10 percent increase in immigration relates to a 1.3 percent higher incarceration rate for blacks.

"Giving amnesty to illegal immigrants would only exacerbate this problem facing low-skilled men, who are disproportionately African American. The dearth of job opportunities gives these men less confidence in their ability to support a family, and gives women reason to fear that these prospective husbands will only be another mouth to feed," said Kirsanow.

Steven A. Camarota, director of research for the Center for Immigration Studies, provided evidence that immigration results in $531 billion in lost wages, largely by boosting competition for work, driving wages down, a benefit to employers.
"

Expert: Amnesty, illegal immigration, hits black wages hardest
Amazing, Blacks make up 12% of the population, Whites greatly outnumber then, especially in the labor market, yet you focus on the impact it has on Blacks and not Whites.

Race baiting perhaps?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies