Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 01:35 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,175,080 times

Advertisements

Who exactly do you want reassurance and validation from?

Old 09-17-2017, 01:36 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,297,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Selectively embracing stereotypes doesn't necessarily lead to sound conclusions on anyone's culture.

Anyone who thinks that you have to cherry pick black culture to find examples of a broken culture isn't really paying attention to real life.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:37 PM

30,752 posts, read 18,452,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The question was rhetorical. As far as my understanding of what I can see with my own eyes, offer some rebuttal rather than an unsupported statement that I probably don't grasp black culture. Its pretty well out there for all to see, failures and all.
Unsupported statement? It is precisely your evaluation of black culture that shows plainly that you don't have a full grasp on what black culture is. Its easy to point to the failures of any culture, but there are many positive aspects and subsets of black culture that I am extremely proud of and that you did not mention. Yet, you see fit to paint/criticize black culture with a wide brush?

Old 09-17-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Who exactly do you want reassurance and validation from?

No one. It was a rhetorical tool. And if thats all you have in response then obviously you have nothing to rebut my points with, as with the others .

Old 09-17-2017, 01:38 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,625,980 times
Quote:
The question was rhetorical. As far as my understanding of what I can see with my own eyes, offer some rebuttal rather than an unsupported statement that I probably don't grasp black culture, which I didn't label as singular but referenced the dominant one that seems to be the norm for the urban areas with high black densities. Its pretty well out there for all to see, failures and all.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s231/katileka/lil_wayne_pink_bape_camo09300704115.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-17-2017 at 02:27 PM..

Old 09-17-2017, 01:39 PM

7,264 posts, read 4,598,863 times
Quote:
But I hate black culture. No bones about it. I don't see that it encourages hard work, education, achievement , taking care of family, ethical behavior, and self reliance.
Agreed. You could argue that black culture is "normal" and white people are super uptight puritanical workaholics and the only reason they get to have the "right" culture is because they are the majority. But that is reality and instead of calling everyone a racist perhaps it might be better to be honest about differences in the culture. I am a proponent of this with women vrs men too.

I know two black people who succeeded very far in life but both just do not have the "work ethic" that white people tend to be born with or learn via environment. That doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong or anything but, white people tend to look at them and see a lazy person. That is because that same person in white culture would be lazy. There is no way for a white person to let them in on this and when the world seems to think they are lazy they can only presume racism.

It makes me irrationally annoyed now to see a black person committing crimes. Only because if they just turned to the dark side (white culture), thanks to affirmative action and general society norms, they could have the keys to a bright future. If they would only do it "our way".

I see it with police officers as well. I don't think black culture really understands police culture and it has lead to some major tragedies. Police culture says, you do what I say when I say... immediately or I will shoot you. Ok not right but all white people seem to get this. They don't diddle around, they don't ignore a first command.. they do what the officer says and figure the court will sort it out. But too many black people just cannot or will not succumb to "white culture" and act accordingly. This has of course made police over reactive and made for some stunning tragedy when there were black people who did act accordingly.

I truly think society wants us divided and continues to ignore the differences between the groups at a higher level thus everyone is confused and no one can be honest.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:40 PM

37,460 posts, read 19,371,555 times
"But".
Attached Thumbnails
Racism vs not liking black culture-racist-but.jpg  

Old 09-17-2017, 01:40 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,175,080 times
Quote:
No one. It was a rhetorical tool.
Sure it was.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:41 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,953,136 times
Defend the rights of the individual and don't use force and coercion to get what you want. That's what matters.

Old 09-17-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Unsupported statement? It is precisely your evaluation of black culture that shows plainly that you don't have a full grasp on what black culture is. Its easy to point to the failures of any culture, but there are many positive aspects and subsets of black culture that I am extremely proud of and that you did not mention. Yet, you see fit to paint/criticize black culture with a wide brush?

Then you have the thread to explain this. Please do so. Why isn't a culture that enriches fools who rap about drugs,crime and rape, that devalues education, that refuses available work, that blames every ill on others, that ingrains dependency on handouts from the more successful, that blames their rampant crime problem on everything BUT black criminals, etc, etc, broken?

And more to the point of the thread, why is a dislike and disrespect of such a culture considered racism? Why should I not have a lack of respect for such a culture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies