Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 11:31 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
You say this all the time. You are free to post a thousand times on those threads or create your own "victim" threads. Nobody is stopping you. Or you can just keep reporting page and post counts that frustrate you to the point of repeating this over and over. Wash, rinse, repeat.

For the record, the guy was incredibly stupid to make comments like that and may of deserved to get his clock cleaned. I would not hit someone for their comments but logic tells me when you act the fool, there are consequences.
What a surprise - you miss the point.

Speaking of "all the time", yup, par for the course.

Old 09-20-2017, 11:36 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,565,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
What a surprise - you miss the point.

Speaking of "all the time", yup, par for the course.
The point is you have this "victim mentality" that is so predictable. Yup....

Old 09-20-2017, 11:42 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Very interesting.

Didn't see much of this commentary when a white guy shot 5 people at a BLM protest in Minnesota. Or with the black kid not standing for the pledge in class.

So yeah, I stand by my post.
Kid has every right to sit, stand or play the ukele during the pledge and not be manhandled.

White guy shooting people is a criminal offense I don't support that either, but is par for the course, given some support punching out people for their political views, it's only a small step to shooting them.

Hell I even supported Colin Kapaernik when he refused to stand during the national anthem.

So where's the contradiction?

Old 09-20-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
The point is you have this "victim mentality" that is so predictable. Yup....
Please. If by "victim mentality", you mean pointing out obvious hypocrisy, that's cool. You can think that.

Not like your opinion means to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Kid has every right to sit, stand or play the ukele during the pledge and not be manhandled.

White guy shooting people is a criminal offense I don't support that either, but is par for the course, given some support punching out people for their political views, it's only a small step to shooting them.

Hell I even supported Colin Kapaernik when he refused to stand during the national anthem.

So where's the contradiction?

Post 393. It honestly wasn't that hard to understand.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
You have more than twice as many posts in this thread than anyone else.

Does that mean I can knock out everyone?

Old 09-20-2017, 12:12 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,278,490 times
Quote:
Post 393. It honestly wasn't that hard to understand.
Post 393 is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpier015 View Post
City data is odd. On this thread the majority of the posters all agree that unprovoked violence is never accepted while at the same time, on a different poc thread, there are people advocating a teacher physically accosting a 6th grader for choosing not to stand for the pledge of allegiance. You can't have it both ways.
You stated that people were not arguing over a white guy shooting BLM members during a protest, well damn, I try to avoid the Antifa/BLM cesspools, but my opinions have been stated. I can't speak for everyone saying that using violence during non-violent confrontation is wrong, but my personal opinion is that I'm consistent. Unless someone commits violence against you, a violent response is never appropriate it applies to all circumstances, it's a pretty simple flowchart to follow:
Has violence been committed against me?
Yes: try to kill 'em right back!
No: Violence is not appropriate.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Does that mean I can knock out everyone?
You should start with a wet paper bag first.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Post 393 is...

You stated that people were not arguing over a white guy shooting BLM members during a protest, well damn, I try to avoid the Antifa/BLM cesspools, but my opinions have been stated. I can't speak for everyone saying that using violence during non-violent confrontation is wrong, but my personal opinion is that I'm consistent. Unless someone commits violence against you, a violent response is never appropriate it applies to all circumstances, it's a pretty simple flowchart to follow:
Has violence been committed against me?
Yes: try to kill 'em right back!
No: Violence is not appropriate.
???

Why are you making this so hard?

The theme (violent responses are wrong) in this thread is inconsistent to similar threads involving violent (or encouraged violent responses) to non-violent actions.

The end.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:55 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
Yes, and on a cloudy day, the sky is grey. What on earth does that have to do with the topic?

You're worried about Nazis being degraded?

You're either a fool or a Nazi sympathizer. Take the smart way out, stop posting in this thread and leave some doubt.
When every single Trump supporter is being labelled a "Nazi", yes I do worry about violence against Nazis.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:02 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
You should start with a wet paper bag first.
And then you're next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies