Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2017, 01:19 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times

Advertisements

RTD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dng_MrBTmms

Despite, all the ribbon cuttings and cake it seems like ridership is collapsing with no end in sight.

Liberal tax raising politicians with cut ribbons but since with all those new expansions the ridership has plummeted by 3.6 million boarding from 104 million boardings a year to 101 million boardings per year.

Part of the issue just a 10 mile light-rail line with their zone charges is $4.50 per ride. So two one-way rides on the train is 9 dollars for 10 miles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 01:20 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Yeah, the W Line has been a complete fail. It doesn't even go anywhere! I can see them shutting it down in the near future.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:29 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Since when is a -2.9% change a collapse? Not a good sign, but a collapse? It's also misleading because that -2.9% is over 3 years. They lost less then 1% annually.

Actually, I'm pretty impressed with their numbers to be honest. I'd never guess they had over 100 million riders annually.

Old 09-26-2017, 01:37 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Since when is a -2.9% change a collapse? Not a good sign, but a collapse? It's also misleading because that -2.9% is over 3 years. They lost less then 1% annually.

Actually, I'm pretty impressed with their numbers to be honest. I'd never guess they had over 100 million riders annually.
Transit risderhip is down nearly 20 percent in LA also

https://la.curbed.com/2017/8/29/1621...rship-down-why

Paying $9 for two-rides like in Denver for a dirty, smelly train doesn't make much sense. It is a single-family home type of metropolitan area filled with families. People are not going to usher families around on the light-rail.

The trains were much cleaner in 1994 and 2000 when the first train routes opened. With so many trains now they tend to not be clean. Used to be very impressed with how clean the transit was in Denver, not anymore.

They also made big cuts to many bus routes as they expanded the light-rail.

Denver is a low-density single-family home metropolitan area. It's a family metro area and families tend to travel by private car.

No matter how much they try to make it dense, it will always be a single-family home suburban metropolitan area despite having a huge downtown.

I will say the nice thing about Denver is the stops tend to be a mile or more apart so the trains are rather fast once they get of the vibrant downtown.

Denver is a downtown city with low density single-family home neighborhoods and suburbs with McMansions so at least the trains are fast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies