Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 01:15 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,939,614 times

Advertisements

As a Louisiana resident I recall how so many liberals and Democrats mocked us and Texas during Hurricane Harvey saying why we would live on the Gulf coast, etc and that Houston shoudln't be rebuilt, and that New Orleans shouldn't have been rebuilt after Katrina (even though New Orleans and Houston are actually Blue cities located in Red states. NOLA in fact is a very liberal island). The liberal elites also have said the same about the Midwest after tornadoes.

So what about the liberals and why do they live in California where there are wildfires almost every year, and expect the rest of us to bail them out? And their recreational marijuana crops too? Or do they believe that even though there have always been wildfires in California, the ones now are due to global warming? No doubt FEMA will give the liberal elites all the money they need while they did almost nothing to help Louisiana after last year's floods and are acting very incompetnetly now in Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 01:23 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
As a Louisiana resident I recall how so many liberals and Democrats mocked us and Texas during Hurricane Harvey saying why we would live on the Gulf coast, etc and that Houston shoudln't be rebuilt, and that New Orleans shouldn't have been rebuilt after Katrina (even though New Orleans and Houston are actually Blue cities located in Red states. NOLA in fact is a very liberal island). The liberal elites also have said the same about the Midwest after tornadoes.

So what about the liberals and why do they live in California where there are wildfires almost every year, and expect the rest of us to bail them out? And their recreational marijuana crops too? Or do they believe that even though there have always been wildfires in California, the ones now are due to global warming? No doubt FEMA will give the liberal elites all the money they need while they did almost nothing to help Louisiana after last year's floods and are acting very incompetnetly now in Texas.
I think there is some identifiable hypocrisy going on here most likely on both sides.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:27 PM

33,573 posts, read 18,177,840 times
The liberals are known for their hypocrisy. They only protect women when they are liberals.. Sarah Palin was blasted and and her children as well. They are known for being haters.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:28 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,334,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I think there is some identifiable hypocrisy going on here most likely on both sides.
I like that phrase. Identifiable hypocrisy. An excellent, succinct definition of politics.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:31 PM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
I bare the CA liberals (or conservative) no ill will, and do hope the fires go out, and there is no more loss of life, and property. However, I do think that liberals tend to be angrier, and more hypocritical.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:36 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,785 times
I would point out that most of the damage is in small, rural towns that are mostly Trump country..other than the rich vintners and brewers..and some of the Bay area overflow...that is all the coast range and the foothills of the Sierra Nevada...and pretty darn red..just sayin'--you might be right about Santa Rosa..although I know some pretty conservative folks that live around there.

Does ones political beliefs dictate how they help in times of need? Mine certainly doesn't.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:38 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,905,698 times
Such a moronic simpleton thread question, but I'm not surprised it follows the line of thinking of quite a few of these threads.

Have you ever visited the area where the NorCal fires are located? It's beautiful country.

Sure there are yearly fires in California, but it is also a territory that many of the micro-states many of you posters hail from can fit it.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:39 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,809,645 times
I don't know any "liberal elites" who said anything like this.

What we all have to think about is climate change and how and where it makes sense to rebuild. This has certainly been an issue in my area after Sandy. We all have to accept the new normal if we live near water.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:41 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,043,473 times
It's too bad we can't all be Conservative, because as everyone knows, no politically conservative person ever displays hypocrisy, expresses hatred for those with opposing viewpoints, or shows glee at the tragedy of others. Never, ever, ever.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:41 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post

1) anyone saying what you mention in the first paragraph is an idiot. I know no one like that in real life. In fact, the people I know are completely the opposite, wanting to help. The company I work for has donated millions to FL and TX (one of our executives put in hundred of thousands of his own money). I'm in the Bay Area.

2) California is not a monolith. There is great diversity in regions between people. The rural areas, such as where these fires are hiting, are more conservative and Republican than the cities.

Anyone wishing ill on someone else because of politics is being stupid. Don't fall for the same pitfalls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies