Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2017, 12:51 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I don't have the time to research all the issues, but on the NFL issue, did he call them SOB because they disrespected the anthem or because they were black?

Is it that black people can do no wrong and any criticism against them is racist?
He called black players SOBs and people marching with White Supremacists "very fine people". Even if he didn't mean to single out the players for being black that was clearly the message they heard. If I were black I'd be pretty pissed off at those comments.

I noticed you didn't address the multiple times he was found guilty of discrimination.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
He called black players SOBs and people marching with White Supremacists "very fine people". Even if he didn't mean to single out the players for being black that was clearly the message they heard. If I were black I'd be pretty pissed off at those comments.

I noticed you didn't address the multiple times he was found guilty of discrimination.
No, he called disrespectful players SOBs, nothing to do with their skin color. Only a racist would make that a race issue.

No, he didn't call people marching with White Supremacists "very fine people." Look at the context: "Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

When was Trump found guilty of discriminating? Show me the verdict.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:07 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
No, he called disrespectful players SOBs, nothing to do with their skin color. Only a racist would make that a race issue.

No, he didn't call people marching with White Supremacists "very fine people." Look at the context: "Excuse me, they didn't put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down, of to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Those players were all Black. Stop playing dumb.

he said there were fine people on both sides. Again, stop playing dumb.

Nazi sympathizers aren't nice people.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:09 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Where does it say that?
it doesn't. It says they SHOULD stand. At most it says they must be present on the sideline.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:10 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Here we go again...conservatives asserting that black folks have to love any 'Massa' that whites put in office. They're allowed to hate Obama for no reason, but we have to love Trump because they say so!!

Nevermind why we don't like Trump. Just accept the fact and move on.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
So when did Black people's love for Trump change? When the Dem party told them to do so? Didn't Trump donate office space for the Jackson for President campaign? Why would a person who disrespects Blacks do something like that?

Jesse Jackson once sang Donald Trump’s praises | New York Post
It doesn't matter when it changed. It changed, and that's all you need to know.

When it changed is Nunya.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:18 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,337,787 times
Quote:
I don't have the time to research all the issues, but on the NFL issue, did he call them SOB because they disrespected the anthem or because they were black?

Is it that black people can do no wrong and any criticism against them is racist?
White people marching next to Nazis wearing swastikas at an event where a person was murdered = very fine people

Black people silently taking a knee while a song is played = SOBs

Do you really think it has nothing to do with their race?

Last edited by shorman; 09-29-2017 at 01:28 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:

What disrespectful players? You mean men exercising their protest rights?

And yeah, he said that there were very fine people among the white supremacists. Stop it.

Old 09-29-2017, 01:50 PM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
Quote:

I'm not playing this game with you. We all know Trump can do no wrong in your eyes. You could hear him calling an employee the N word as he beat him with a stick and find a way to excuse it away.

Get bent.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 09-29-2017 at 02:30 PM..

Old 09-29-2017, 02:38 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Those players were all Black. Stop playing dumb.

he said there were fine people on both sides. Again, stop playing dumb.

Nazi sympathizers aren't nice people.
Are you saying nobody is allowed to criticize a person if the person is black, otherwise, it's racist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies