Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 06:29 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,114 times

Advertisements

Thanks for politicizing everything. You have permanently lost a customer. Even though I dont have any sports or movies packages, I am still getting rid of basic cable because the award shows, late night comedy, sports events are turning into your political platform. You do not understand my middle class issues & your protests are against hardworking, struggling people like me. Hope you have enough paying customers who agree with your hateful rhetoric. Award shows used to be huge event with my friends but they are quickly turning into heated political debates so thanks for taking that away from me. Going to hang out with friends at coffee shops, go for a hike, visit the farmers market....rather than watching tv or movies with them.

#MAHA - Make America Healthy Again .....get rid of your cable
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2017, 06:31 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
lmao

Old 09-29-2017, 06:32 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
LOL, cable companies don't make the shows, they just put a wire in your house so you can watch them if you want. If you get rabbit ears The Emmys etc, will still look the same.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:35 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,031,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
Thanks for politicizing everything. You have permanently lost a customer. Even though I dont have any sports or movies packages, I am still getting rid of basic cable because the award shows, late night comedy, sports events are turning into your political platform. You do not understand my middle class issues & your protests are against hardworking, struggling people like me. Hope you have enough paying customers who agree with your hateful rhetoric. Award shows used to be huge event with my friends but they are quickly turning into heated political debates so thanks for taking that away from me. Going to hang out with friends at coffee shops, go for a hike, visit the farmers market....rather than watching tv or movies with them.

Be sure you tell them why you're getting rid of them. They need to know. Wouldn't hurt to drop an email to advertisers, too.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:37 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Spot on! I applaud you!!!

Old 09-29-2017, 06:39 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
You'll probably lose Fox, too.

Oh, well...

Old 09-29-2017, 06:41 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Yes! You should get rid of your internet too

Old 09-29-2017, 06:43 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post

no.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:44 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
You're doing it wrong, OP lol.

Old 09-29-2017, 06:46 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
The problem with this kind of boycotting/ protesting is, it never gets enough people involved to be anywhere close to effective or even noticed.

A cable company is not going to worry about one person or even a handful of people stopping their service,when its likely they have hundreds of new customers each month.

I think the main reason people do not get involved is the same reason they just sit back and accept other things, its just too inconvenient for them to do anything about it, when it comes to more important issues, they avoid taking any action because it may risk their job, income, house, etc. People today concerned more with their own lives than making something right or correcting some wrong. I do not think it got this way by accident though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies