Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 06:46 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,244,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA.89 View Post
I'm well over the election and still waiting for Trump to become a leader of the WHOLE country.
LOL. Does that WHOLE country include the people that will RESIST him no matter what? You tell me how you would lead those type of people.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:46 AM

3,564 posts, read 4,405,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
I knew Trump was a jerk but WOW!!!

I think deep down he knows he's a one term president so he's just letting it fly, consequences be damned.
Trump is just being himself. He is a man whom, for 70 years, has lived an unbridled life without fear of consequences, repercussions, or the law. He will say as he wants, when he wants for several reasons. One reasons being - and I quote, "I stand by nothing." His words are void of meaning and significance. What he says today matters none "to him" tomorrow. He has yet to realize that, as POTUS, every word he utters is meaningful and significant to the Citizenry he presides over.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,587,153 times
Talking tRump: Making Maria > Katrina

Quote:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...89003745468417

Attacking the mayor of a disaster stricken city is not a good look, even for Trump. Is his ego that fragile? Seems like he was willing to give Florida and Texas everything they needed. What's the difference?
No doubt she upset tRump as he was having eggs benedict prepared for him by the staff at his resort.

Poor guy.

And just before his first round of golf.

The nerve of that woman, who's in a shelter with hundreds of other Americans waiting for aid that's now 10 days overdue.

Not to mention 3 million more who are now homeless and or w/o power or clean water. Impassable roads. No communications.

Why doesn't she just pipe down and be patient? </sarcasm>

Doesn't she understand that "PR is an island surrounded by water?"

19,719 posts, read 16,879,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Yeah, Trump is literally a walking piece of garbage. Nothing new here.

The amazing part is, some of them actually support this man who has the IQ of a potato and the manners of a pig. Really high standards, huh ?

210 posts, read 97,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
LOL. Does that WHOLE country include the people that will RESIST him no matter what? You tell me how you would lead those type of people.
That's quite a deflection from his feckless leadership on Puerto Rico. But yes, because that's what a leader is.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:48 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,593,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You are probably right, plus, he has gotten away with being a spoiled brat with a foul mouth all his life, why change now. This man simply does not get along with any other human being on the planet, he will throw his friends under the bus if he feels slighted. What a jerk.
Doesn't get along with his wife? His kids?

More hyperbole because your girl lost.

That said, Trump doesn't seem to understand that it is sometimes better to let it go if the other person's 'rank' is below his. In other words, interactions with other Presidents/Chancellors/Prime Ministers, etc. are one thing, but with lower level officials...getting in a spat with one diminishes him (not Trump specifically, but any POTUS), and elevates the other (irrespective of whether the other is wrong or right (and the other in this case...the mayor...is more right than Trump is)).

Old 09-30-2017, 06:49 AM

30,517 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...89003745468417

Attacking the mayor of a disaster stricken city is not a good look, even for Trump. Is his ego that fragile? Seems like he was willing to give Florida and Texas everything they needed. What's the difference?
People in Florida and texas pay federal income taxes.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:49 AM

356 posts, read 282,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
So basically instead of working to help her city and Puerto Rico she goes in front of cameras and do interviews for political reasons. What a piece of garbage she is but then that's par for course for democrat pols nowadays. She'll make the clownish likes of Pelosi, Warren, Hillary and Maxine Waters proud.
I don't see that. I see someone who is pleading for help in a dire situation where people are dying. I also see a "president" who is treating them like second class citizens, because let's face it, they are to him. They cannot vote for him or against him, so they are non-entities. They don't matter. Trump said they want everything to be done for them. They just want to survive at this point.

Old 09-30-2017, 06:50 AM

Quote:
That's quite a deflection from his feckless leadership on Puerto Rico. But yes, because that's what a leader is.
No deflection. Just responding to your post. You the one that brought up the "leader of the WHOLE country thing."

Old 09-30-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVulcan500 View Post
I don't see that. I see someone who is pleading for help in a dire situation where people are dying. I also see a "president" who is treating them like second class citizens, because let's face it, they are to him. They cannot vote for him or against him, so they are non-entities. They don't matter. Trump said they want everything to be done for them. They just want to survive at this point.
You see what you want to see. I see someone that instead of working to help her countrymen out by making phone calls, directing aid, distributing food and other essentials, she's going on camera to attack the other party. Wouldn't it been just as easy for her to ask for assistance instead of going on the attack?

Notice how the PR governor is handling it instead? That's how she should've been doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.