Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2017, 04:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
This all started because of the NRA placing fear into the hearts of American citizens. That then set off loud clamour about our so-called 2nd Amendment Rights.

In my humble opinion, there are far too many guns and way too many A-holes out there in possession of those guns. Let's amend the 2nd Amendment. It's not worth it!
You know what is required.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,518 posts, read 3,768,494 times
I guess the next nutballs will have a RPG or Gatling . 2nd Amendment . There is no remedy for this. Welcome to the new normal. I shudder to think what would have happened to any concealed or open carry folks in that crowd .

3,524 posts, read 2,681,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironplanch View Post
People are crazy for posting that stuff.
It’s a free country, is it not?

Old 10-02-2017, 04:14 PM

7,448 posts, read 2,841,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BicoastalAnn View Post
Asking people who've been in combat before, or just think about these situations more than me: what would you do in this situation (if you were at the concert)? What's the optimal response to this, starting from when you first hear the gunfire sounds?
Based on my limited view, never been shot at. But I have used many guns and have a decent understanding of the physics involved...

If the shooter is on the ground and you are in a large crowd probably hitting the deck

If the shooter is on the ground and you are not in a large crowd start running as fast as you can attempting to put dense solid objects between you and the shooter

If the shooter is on high ground run as fast as you can, try to get things between you and their position to block line of sight

If you don't know exactly where they are run like hell away from the sounds general direction

Best bet in most situations is run like hell and try to get as many obstructions between you and the shooter as possible, so if you are looking for one single default reaction this would be it, IMO

Anyone with more experience than me feel free to correct anything I may have gotten wrong...

Old 10-02-2017, 04:16 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,508,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
It’s a free country, is it not?
Nope, not as free as you believe.

May want to research case law and the definition of the phrase "constructive intent"

Old 10-02-2017, 04:17 PM

10,546 posts, read 4,081,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Our State Department issues travel advisories if there is even a chance Americans may be the target of kidnappers.

I wonder why it doesn't issue advisories about travel in places like Daytona and Las Vegas
I'm more amazed that with all of the tax payer money funding the FBI, CIA, NSA, that these things continue to happen. I mean, I can go to the store, use my credit card to buy food and stuff, and come home and hop on social media to see advertisement of the very things I had just bought. Which leads me to believe that the free market is spying on me. Or, I can go to Google Maps and use satellite image to locate my house, so if regular civilians can do this, then I know that the government and military have far more advanced technology, I find it very difficult in this day and age, that a shooting like this can take place without the government knowing about it. Are we all pawns in their little chess game?

Old 10-02-2017, 04:17 PM

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
This absolutely looks like he was not alone in this. It was meticulously planned months in advance and somebody helped him acquire that arsenal. And it looks as if the collection of firearms was carefully selected to present some kind of message. 20 firearms with various makes and models representing assault rifles. At this point it looks like either he was to have others there to help him carry out the attack and they failed to show, or they WERE present there and then left before or during the shooting.
My gut instincts says this guy was completely sane and did this on the orders of someone he knew and they were the masterminds of this evil. Go WAY back in his history and go over EVERYBODY he had contact with. Financial dealings, work related business, social networks. If any of this turns up professional organizations remotely tied to professional military, government or law enforcement agencies, you have your suspects.
This was a professional slaughter by those who know how to kill. Now we have to figure out what they though killing all those people was going to accomplish.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:18 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You would be better off trading the weight of the gun for actual food.
I've shot 12 deer, two hogs, countless birds and other game in ten years. I'm pretty sure some of us are ahead of the money curve. That and the fact that wild game goes for about twenty bucks a pound if you can even find it, legally.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 PM

50,479 posts, read 47,229,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
99% of people don't associate gun shots with a plea for help. Also flare would be far more useful and would avoid any confusion.
A flare in the forest, what could go wrong? Please tell us you don't carry a freakin flare gun camping.

You'll be responsible for killing way more people than a mass shooter.

Old 10-02-2017, 04:25 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,246,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
A flare in the forest, what could go wrong? Please tell us you don't carry a freakin flare gun camping.

You'll be responsible for killing way more people than a mass shooter.
The point was not that its a good idea, just a better idea for getting peoples attention during an emergency in the wilderness then a handgun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies