Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 05:37 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Nothing new was revealed on the Ellen Show beyond that Campos had not been dispatched to 32 to check on a door until 9:59 PM. As previously reported, he was not able to gain access to 32 via the interior stairwell that was barricaded from the hallway side. He took another stairwell to 32 and went to checkout the barricaded stairwell door and that's when he was shot.

The engineer dispatched to the floor initially thought the shots were jackhammers and thought it weird given the hour. He credits Campos with saving his life.

Ellen made it clear this was an exclusive and Campos will not make further public appearances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 06:53 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Nothing new was revealed on the Ellen Show beyond that Campos had not been dispatched to 32 to check on a door until 9:59 PM. As previously reported, he was not able to gain access to 32 via the interior stairwell that was barricaded from the hallway side. He took another stairwell to 32 and went to checkout the barricaded stairwell door and that's when he was shot.

The engineer dispatched to the floor initially thought the shots were jackhammers and thought it weird given the hour. He credits Campos with saving his life.

Ellen made it clear this was an exclusive and Campos will not make further public appearances.
Campos also makes it clear he heard auto weapon fire as he came down the hall. So was that the actual shooting at the festival or the shooting down the hall? Sounds like Campos get there as it started or it started pretty quickly after he arrived.

That pretty well leaves MGM in the clear.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:15 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Was I right or was I right.

Next up will be the autobiography, "How Jesus came to Mandalay: the humble life and times of a hero security guard"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...183749231.html

Old 10-18-2017, 08:14 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Was I right or was I right.

Next up will be the autobiography, "How Jesus came to Mandalay: the humble life and times of a hero security guard"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...183749231.html
Right about what? Both declined payment and had what was offered sent to the victim fund.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:57 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Lawsuits starting

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/640697c...ton-beach.html

Old 10-19-2017, 01:36 AM

1,743 posts, read 992,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I don't want this shut down, and I apologize for taking the thread off in another direction. And I apologize to you for my rather harsh tone. I just get incredibly frustrated at all of this.

Frankly I'm not sure why this is such an unreasonable request to not make things like bump stocks legal to buy. It is you and the others that appear to be unreasonable to many of us.
I've said it before and I'll say it again .. Bump Stocks are for amateurs!

I can get better firing results with ordinary rubber bands!
(What then? A law against rubber bands?)

If I were so inclined, I could build an automatic and the ammo to go with it ... given the right material, which is pretty easy to get and ... I wouldn't even need a 3D printer to do so!

All of these "GUN LAWS" are doing nothing more than creating safe zones for the criminal minded who have no intention of obeying the laws!

Old 10-19-2017, 05:27 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again .. Bump Stocks are for amateurs!

I can get better firing results with ordinary rubber bands!
(What then? A law against rubber bands?)

If I were so inclined, I could build an automatic and the ammo to go with it ... given the right material, which is pretty easy to get and ... I wouldn't even need a 3D printer to do so!

All of these "GUN LAWS" are doing nothing more than creating safe zones for the criminal minded who have no intention of obeying the laws!
Yeah, because if everyone on that floor and at the festival had been armed, this incident would have been different......probably even more people would be dead.

Again, it takes very little objectivity to look at cultures that aren't awash in guns and see far fewer incidents of mass death. Only gun nuts can't absorb this basic idea.

Old 10-19-2017, 06:01 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, because if everyone on that floor and at the festival had been armed, this incident would have been different......probably even more people would be dead.

Again, it takes very little objectivity to look at cultures that aren't awash in guns and see far fewer incidents of mass death. Only gun nuts can't absorb this basic idea.
So.... What's your explanation for the fact that as gun ownership has increased by 50%, the gun homicide rate has decreased by 50%, and the nonfatal violent gun crime rate has decreased by 76%?

Info in this post:

Post with data in gun control thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
I'll say again these types of arguments don't belong here.

They belong here.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-violence.html

And that is where you will find your response.

Worthy of a repeat.

This thread is a discussion about disclosed information vs conspiracy theories.

Only news this week is ,like LE previously asserted, there is a difference between the securityi guard withdrawing from the public eye vs gone missing/ vanished.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 10-19-2017 at 07:32 AM..

Old 10-19-2017, 09:10 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Campos also makes it clear he heard auto weapon fire as he came down the hall. So was that the actual shooting at the festival or the shooting down the hall? Sounds like Campos get there as it started or it started pretty quickly after he arrived.

That pretty well leaves MGM in the clear.
>>>> A nice rehearsed story that changes all the time. The Ellen show is owned and produced by MGM so it stinks to high heaven that that was the only venue he'd do an interview after running off. I hope Ellen can live with herself for being party to this, I say take MGM to the cleaners because they definitely knew what was going to happen. And since George Soros sought to profit from MGM taking a huge loss, let him kick in a few billion to the victims and their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies