Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2017, 09:15 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
There is not that much difference.

HW apparently was a source of considerable campaign contributions to the likes of the Clintons and 0bama.

HW placed himself into politics and the Left accepted his money and his "prestige" and influence.

Hollywood is extremely political and voice their befuddled opinions on any stage.

When one of their own is shown to be a sexual predator, those Hollywood bigmouths should get up on that stage and use their influence to denounce HW.

Failure to do so exposes them as the hypocrites they are.
Okay -- so any Republican who proves to be a criminal reflects on all of the party - or just the ones with money that are criminals are representative?

I'm not clear on the logic here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 09:22 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
And you have personal knoweldge of these agents knowing this and telling all their clients?

The FIRST person an actor will tell that they were assaulted will be THEIR AGENT. The SECOND person will be their LAWYER. That is only natural.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:24 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,785,560 times
People who elected a sexual predator to the White House criticizing Dems who have flatly called out Weinstein.

Oh the irony...

Old 10-11-2017, 09:25 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,956,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The FIRST person an actor will tell that they were assaulted will be THEIR AGENT. The SECOND person will be their LAWYER. That is only natural.
Again...personal knowledge of this? You know who victims of sexual assualt or harassment go to first?

I'll tell you what... I was a victim of rape when I was 12. I didn't tell anyone until 25 years later.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:28 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,572,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
In other words, this response of yours to that post is.....you have no response.

And here we have the usual suspects blaming the victims.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:34 AM

2,511 posts, read 3,410,249 times
The topic of this thread is "Hollywood celebs now attacking each other!", as well as pointing out that the late night shows and other typical liberal cheerleaders/spinners of hypocrisy are conspicuously steering clear of this topic. It seems like a few posters here need to be reminded of this fact.

Hollywood's reaction to this news that has been suppressed by the liberally-dominated media for 25+ years reminds me of this classic scene from a great classic film called "Casablanca":

Captain Renault: I'm shocked--shocked--to find that there is gambling going on in here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

Old 10-11-2017, 09:36 AM

13,656 posts, read 20,793,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
And focusing on Hollywood as if this is the only place this happens is so wrong. Yes the 'stakes' are higher in the entertainment industry but men using their power to be able to behave as badly as they want is not unique to Hollywood.

In offices all over the world, there are men like Weinstein that use what they can to take advantage of their situation.

Yes it does happen that often, that frequently.
Yes but the middle manager horndogs at IBM are not constantly hogging the spotlight with their holier than thou stances.

Hollywood players are like Southern preachers.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:36 AM

78,502 posts, read 60,702,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
My point is the same group that made excuses for Trump and Ailes is all about outrage with Weinstein. I'm not excusing Weinstein, I'm noticing a lot of right wing blogs that never took issue with Trump or Ailes now trying to act like this never happened before.
So what? They're just mirror images of yourself. You guys are too far gone to address any issue without politics shading your views. OF COURSE the far left and right are hypocrites on the topic...they're that way on just about every topic.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:39 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,737,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
The topic of this thread is "Hollywood celebs now attacking each other!", as well as pointing out that the late night shows and other typical liberal cheerleaders/spinners of hypocrisy are conspicuously steering clear of this topic. It seems like a few posters here need to be reminded of this fact.

Hollywood's reaction to this news that has been suppressed by the liberally-dominated media for 25+ years reminds me of this classic scene from a great classic film called "Casablanca":

Captain Renault: I'm shocked--shocked--to find that there is gambling going on in here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjbPi00k_ME

Next they will claim "you don't understand our culture" like when George Michael was arrested for gay sex in the bushes of a public park in England years ago.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:40 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,956,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern435 View Post
From the original post:

Quote:
When you see all the news that is coming out in tweets and interviews it seems that celebs are starting to accuse each other for their silence and defending a sexual abuser for years.
Celebs are attacking others for not speaking out... posters in this thread are doing the same, attacking celebs and calling them idiots for not speaking out. The point some posters are trying to make is...the blame needs to stay on Harvey Weinstein and NOT the victims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies