Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 05:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

White men are killed by cops, but you have to go DIGGING to find the stories because they don't make the news.

Ricky Kevin Whidden running from cops, he was shot in the back and then they sic’d their dogs on him.
46 years old, father of 3.

Family of Loxahatchee man killed by deputy say video shows PBSO version of events is false - wptv.com

Destry Meikle man w epilepsy had a seizure and crashed the car and police thought he was a threat and shot him. 48 years old, father of 4.
Family sues city of Republic after man with epilepsy was killed by police officer

Family of man killed by deputies at the Washoe jail sues county
Man with bipolar disease killed while in custody.

5 men killed in Billings, MT over a 2 year period.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ichard-ramirez

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/inv...=.01c75139584d

This is just a short list - I don't have time to go deep diving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 05:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
In the video, the man turns his torso back toward the cop with his arm up in a manner that could be perceived by the officer as threatening.

You can choose to ignore the evidence if you choose.
The cops are ALWAYS “perceiving” things, aren’t they.

They “perceived” that Philando Castile was a wide nosed robbery suspect that was drawing his pistol to kill them.

Yet the cop who shot Oscar Grant in the back couldn’t “perceive “ that his gun wasn’t his taser.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:56 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The cops are ALWAYS “perceiving” things, aren’t they.

They “perceived” that Philando Castile was a wide nosed robbery suspect that was drawing his pistol to kill them.

Yet the cop who shot Oscar Grant in the back couldn’t “perceive “ that his gun wasn’t his taser.
So, you'll continue to ignore the video?

Old 10-10-2017, 06:00 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Patrick Harmon was in full retreat running away from a Salt Lake City officer when the cop opened fire. Harmon was shot in the back and later died. From the video I see no evidence of an imminent threat to the officer. Unjustified deadly use of force, manslaughter or 2nd degree murder.

We have to stop coddling these rogue cops. 99% of cops are professionals and would never do this. You can't weed out the bad apples by coddling them.

https://twitter.com/vicenews/status/916336999828787200
Guy had it coming, you disobey police orders bad things happen

That being said, this cop should not be a cop anymore - very poor judgement and somebody died as a result

Old 10-10-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Guy had it coming, you disobey police orders bad things happen

That being said, this cop should not be a cop anymore - very poor judgement and somebody died as a result

This mentality is supporting a police state. If someone disobeys a cop and gets shot he has it coming.

Wow.

Old 10-10-2017, 06:15 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
This mentality is supporting a police state. If someone disobeys a cop and gets shot he has it coming.

Wow.
Which is why the laws are in place to protect the cops.

Like I said earlier in this thread and in previous cases: this is the latitude people want cops to have. It's abundantly clear.

And I'm the one with the crazy ideology?

No way!

Old 10-10-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post

Like I said earlier in this thread and in previous cases: this is the latitude people want cops to have. It's abundantly clear.

No way!
I don't get it. It's one thing to say some cops are nuts and people should increase their odds of surviving an encounter with one by complying, but saying anyone who doesn't comply deserves what he got is just sick and twisted.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:

No way!
I think we have a problem with the system when a guy who road his bike across the street without a light ends up dead.

We are putting cops and people in these escalating situations where bad things happen a little too often for me.

Do I have the answer? No.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:21 PM

20,121 posts, read 9,032,117 times
do what the police tell you to do ...you don't have a choice, the cops are in charge, you're not

Old 10-10-2017, 07:24 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
Quote:

You just provided an excellent description of institutionalized racism. Good job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies