Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 10:17 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times

Advertisements

I'm glad the law was changed. Calling it a felony is too harsh.

The vehemently hateful reactions from some here make me grateful that I live in a state that doesn't treat everyone like a hardened criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 11:02 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,923,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Quote:
I'm soooo glad that I live in the farthest state from the land of the Bat**** crazy Liberals.

RR

Quote:
Maine No specific HIV laws
https://www.stdcheck.com/blog/hiv-law-disclosure/

Old 10-09-2017, 11:13 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Knowingly exposing others to HIV will no longer be a felony in California - LA Times

This is the most egregious 'feels before reals' change to the legal code I've seen in years. Christ.

Any piece of **** that knows they are HIV positive and doesn't tell partners should be executed.
I think everyone who has an STD (and knows) of any kind and doesn't tell their partner should be prosecuted for assault.

Then again...you could also take personal responsibility and demand your partners be tested prior to initiating a sexual relationship. Worked for tons of people I know.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:18 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I googled the topic and was stunned at the number of stories of gays deliberately infecting others. It really makes you wonder what the hell is wrong with the LGBT crowd. The only excuse is a twist of mind, or a form of mental illness.
All those conservative white males shooting people up for no good reason. Makes you wonder what is wrong with conservative white males. Must be mental illness.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:36 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,446,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm glad the law was changed. Calling it a felony is too harsh.

The vehemently hateful reactions from some here make me grateful that I live in a state that doesn't treat everyone like a hardened criminal.
If you knowingly infect someone with HIV you ARE a criminal. I'd kill someone over that.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Knowingly exposing others to HIV will no longer be a felony in California - LA Times

This is the most egregious 'feels before reals' change to the legal code I've seen in years. Christ.

Any piece of **** that knows they are HIV positive and doesn't tell partners should be executed.
I don't know if I would go that far, but it seems close to attempted murder and if a partner does become infected and dies, it should be considered man slaughter if nothing else. All I can say is I am so glad we do not live in CA anymore. The state is going from good, to bad to worse.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:12 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Just when you thought those loony tunes out on the left coast couldn't get any lower.
Just look at a map and see where the most liberal states are: they are on the left side of the map I have always found that interesting to say the least.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:15 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
how is it different than any other chronic disease?

You can't transmit a chronic disease to someone else!

The key word of the old law was KNOWINGLY transmits. If you have HIV/AIDS and KNOWINGLY transmit the disease to someone else who otherwise would not sleep with you had they known, then you are a GARBAGE HUMAN BEING.

"Oh, don't worry, HIV is just a chronic condition now that can be managed by being on really expensive meds for the rest of your life. Don't worry that you'll be restricted from certain activities, jobs, and suffer stigma. I have made the choice for you that your consent does not matter."

Old 10-10-2017, 09:17 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
All those conservative white males shooting people up for no good reason. Makes you wonder what is wrong with conservative white males. Must be mental illness.

Epic fail. The last few mass shooters have all been registered democrats.

Also, white males do not kill (or commit mass shooters or serial kill) at rates greater than their percent of the population as a whole.

MALES do, of course. But that's because men are over-represented at the extremes of everything. Since biological determinism is so passe and sexist, though, we will never have good research into this area that might actually help end this type of violence.

Old 10-10-2017, 09:19 AM

1,330 posts, read 699,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Well, yeah, but people are very sexually promiscuous these days, cheat on their spouses and most of this is considered acceptable. Personal responsibility is dead. Supporting abstinence is really the only way to go.
LOL. By "these days" you mean for most of mankind, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies